August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Blush - Canmake - Clear Blush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by khairun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually don't wear ANY makeup at all so I've recently tried to branch out to lip balm, stains, lipsticks and glosses. Not going to use this (I have CL03 or Clear Sunset which I don't think is LE anymore) for blush but the colour looks great on my (scrubbed) lips and I love the texture! I went out and got a back-up even (couldn't resist the 25% off sale).

Granted, it does leave a slight white residue on my lip after a while (have read about this but never had it happen to me before with my lip products) but hey, it wasn't supposed to be for the lips originally anyway.

I also tried an Illa cream blusher (Devour) and that was so hard to work with. There was oily condensation on top, I HATE the catch (in comparison the canmake is really easy!!) and I couldn't figure out what the proper texture should be, I had to really blot and ended up sticking the thing in the fridge. And the colour itself might be too bold for me. I'm going to force myself to really try to use these cream blushes (as lip stains) often.

My only beef is I washed my hands and all that but it seems really easy to mix in specks on the surface. I actually tried gouging them all out but then the surface looked so bad I gave up.

Also great to make your own tinted lip balm/gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with Canmake's Cream Cheek blushes for a while. On one hand it has a lovely texture, super pretty colors, and a price point that you can't beat (Japan AND US). On the other hand, I can NOT seem to get it to stay on my face! Basically between the 20 min it takes for me to apply the cream cheeks, to after getting dressed and into my car, the blush disappeared. I had much better luck with Canmake's Powder Blushes and Cheek & Cheek dual blushes instead.

However on my most recent trip to Japan I noticed that they have a new CL line, standing for "Clear". It's not really a separately line, as it's listed under the Cream Cheeks section on Canmake's English website, but the numbering on the back restarted at 01, and has a CL prefix to it.

I grabbed the two that are released, CL01 Clear Red Heart and CL02 Clear Love Song Pink.

I AM IN LOVE.

The texture of these are less "cream" and more like gel. In the pan there are no shimmer or a feel of creaminess, rather it reminds me of jelly finish nail colors? It looked squishy! I'm guessing these came about after the popularity of Majolica's Blood On Cheek and Lip Tint that was an LE product from I think earlier in 2012.

In any case, Clear Red Heart is a vibrant jelly red that applies with high pigmentation, yet blends out to be this gorgeous flush of color. Since there's no creaminess to it or any kind of shimmer, it literally blends in to looking like you went out into the snow for a long time and came back flushed. Clear Love Song Pink is a cooler version of CL01, still vibrant but slightly more toned down. On my NC20-25 skin, both colors work wonderfully.

Best of all, the CL blushes LAST ALL DAY ON ME. My biggest complaint about the Canmake Cream Cheeks has been the lasting power. I keep buying any colors I don't own every time I visit Japan anyway just because they're pretty and cheap, but I rarely use them. The CL line, however, is amazing at lasting me all day even without any setting powder. I put it on in the morning, and 13 hours later when I get back to my hotel, it's still there and only slightly worn off.

They wear very comfortably on my lips as well, and since they're tint/stains, it actually gives my lips a super natural looking flush. I can't tell that it's an artificial cosmetic color at all.

For the price, the color, and the quality, these CL blushes are heads above the original Cream Cheeks. I plan on buying more of the CL blushes for sure when Canmake releases them!