August 20, 2014 | 2008 users online

Lips - Smashbox - Lip Brilliance in SkyBox

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sharopooks

I was in the market for some new cooler tones lippies from Smashbox, saw the rave reviews & decided to check this out - wow this is wonderful!! The Smashbox site describes this trio as "shimmer rose/creamy fuchsia/creamy deep red" which is rather accurate though on MMM me, the "deep red" is more of a deeper rose/berry shade. The medium & dark shades are AWESOME on me - the medium fuchsia is pretty without being garish like such a color can be on me sometimes, while the deep rose/berry has already established itself as an HG cool lippie for me, works well both for day & night & I absolutely ADORE it! Admittedly due to my darker skintone, I don't turn to the lightest shade much on its own, but it does impart a lovely pinky highlighting shine when used over the 2 darker shades (I like it just on the center of the bottom lip as someone said earlier). The formula feels very nice - moist & definitely a cross between a gloss & a lipstick. As a previous review said, not TOO-too shiny like you just bit into a pork chop (I LOL'd on that!). Definitely wears longer & has more pigment than a typical gloss. Now I DO like the concept of having the mini-brush in there but I don't really like the application this particular brush gives so I usually use my finger. And the packaging is so cute - portable & slim like a credit card. I have already purchased 2 other Lip Brilliances due to my love for this product! Rave rave rave.... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent trio. Every color works well even on my NW45 complexion. Very reasonable price. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by mstokes84

This is a fantastic product. It has been a favorite of mine for years. Everyone always asks me what I'm wearing. Unbelieveable staying power. I'm more of a lipstick kind of gal than a gloss kind of gal - and I love love this! It's not too shiney, so I'm not left looking like I just bit into some pork chops. One of my all time favorite products. I don't know what I'd ever do if they discontinued it.

Note: SKYBOX is good if you are cool-toned.

Tip: I like to use the middle shade (purple) and then put some of the lighter shade (pink/rose) on the inside of my bottom lip to create the look of a larger lip!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I like this palette a lot. It's a small, black palette that includes a generous amount of lipgloss (three colors: a deep winey red, a medium mauve and a deep plum), a good-sized mirror on the inside lid, and a little lipbrush. The colors are nice and neutral, though a bit dark for this season, and mix well together. Texture is smooth and creamy, not gloppy or sticky, and there's no scent or taste. I think I'd like this a bit better in another set of colors, but all around, this is a great little palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The quality of the Lip Brilliance is excellent! These have no scent/taste, and are very highly pigmented. They have a nice thick (not too thick!) texture that go on like a lipstick, but with the shine of a gloss. I also love the packaging - it is a very slim case that comes with a little brush. The SkyBox colors are fairly dark - a red, a purply shade, and a medium shimmery pink. Lip Brilliance comes in 3 other palettes with some lighter colors. I am buying those too since I am so in love with this formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2002 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

Another superb product from Smashbox. Lip Brilliances are designed to be a combination of staying power of a lippie but shine of a gloss. The color combinations all work great together. Sky box is the dark palette with a dark red/ cherry shades. I find that this palette lasts longer than the others due to the deeply pigmented shades. Does last longer than gloss but not as long as a lipstick. No annoying scent and comes packaged in a sleek black case. I love these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2002 6:51:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great! The colors are gorgeous. Especially the cherry/red color. All three shades are smooth and creamy and can be combined to create custom colors. They have good staying power and I would definately buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2002 4:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love these! After months and months, my lemming took over and I bought all three of these. SkyBox has 3 colors: A medium, shimmery pink, a shimmery deep purple, and a rich, red/berry. Not a bad price for under $30, you get three super creamy, moisturizing, long lasting lipstick/glosses and it comes with a wonderful brush. The best part is that all of the colors blend wonderfully, so you can create your own colors too!