August 23, 2014 | 1378 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Mascara & Shadow Shield

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had a very different experience than the previous reviewer. I bought this to use under my eyes to catch fall out. It doesn't work for this at all. It doesn't fit my undereye shape at all. It's also flimsy in all the wrong ways, so it doesn't contour itself to your undereye in a way that would catch fallout. I really wanted to love this, because it seemed like it would be so much easier than having to hold up a tissue, but this was a big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hooray for this tool! It's a simple black plastic wand with a large, cut-out, fexible silicone disk designed to protect/shield the eye while applying shadows, pencils and mascara. There are two cut-outs, sort of like two half moons, one smaller than the other so that I can move the shield around for mascara, shadow, liner.

Best of all the price was 50% off bringing the tool to $1.50 US. The second great thing is the fact that the silicone feels soft, cool and smooth on the skin with no hard edges. It also sticks to the skin so I can "lift" my lashes up to apply mascara instead of using the lash curlers all the time. It washes clean with a little soap and water and is completely reversible.

What a neat idea and worth every penny. Instant love.