September 23, 2014 | 1720 users online

Polishes - E.L.F. - Holiday 14-piece Nail Cube - Limited Edition

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I bought this over a year ago from Target when I was getting back into nail polish. I really wanted Desert Haze and thought this would be a good way to get it and try a bunch of other colors also. This was a waste of money. I haven't even tried all the colors in the set b/c most of them are my taste and the ones that fall within my preferred color range are not that great. I still think Desert Haze is a beautiful griege, but all the polishes I have tried cracks and chips so easily. I don't plan to buy ELF nail polishes ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by jozieB

I bought this cube set of polishes during the Boxing Day sale. I was super excited to try them and most of the colours were definitely go-to colours for me. The polish is not very glossy when it dries and I had to remove it a few hours after applying it because it had rubbed/scratched/scuffed off of pretty much every nail. Even though this polish is cheap, I will not be buying it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I too was captivated by the various colors and cute packaging, however I eventually made my purchase online when ELF was having one of their 50% off sales. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this. The colors are fantastic, they seem to dry just as they look in the bottle, however they don't last for anything. I use Orly Rubberized bonder as a basecoat, then I apply two coats of color, and I even used two coats of Out The Door fast drying topcoat (i normally only use one coat). This paint didn't even last a day before chipping. It's terrible. It seems the different colors have different formulas and longevities, but over all they are pretty crappy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

Wow, I've had a totally different experience than other reviewers. This polish lasts for at least 5 days before it started to chip. I use my normal base/top coats and I'm very hard on my hands. The only reason it started to chip is because I jammed my finger in my wash machine and created a crack in the polish. Otherwise, I'm sure this would've still been holding on strong, becase no other nails have chipped yet.

Great color selections too. I got several of these and gave them as gifts. Everyone loves it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

I bought this set from target a few weeks ago, the array of colors caught my eye when I was passing by. It retails for $10, which brings it down to under a dollar for each bottle.
The packaging it crazy bulky and unnecessary, probably a marketing strategy to make consumers think they're getting more than they're paying for.
I LOVE the color choices, they're very pretty despite a couple of close almost-repeats (bright red vs deep red, cool taupe vs warm taupe). However, the formula is CRAP. No matter what base/top coat I used, the polish starts chipping almost immediately after it dries, and this runs true with all the other colors. Removing them is an absolute pain. You need a crap ton of polish remover and in the end, it still leaves a slight stain on your nails.
If I had known this set would be this sucky, I would've kept the packaging so that I could return it. Definitely not worth the try.