Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Maybelline has the cutest names and packaging for their mascaras but it doesn't make up for the fact that they SUCK! The bristles on the wand are so tiny so it takes forever to get decent looking, long lashes. And if you apply too much, its clumpy as hell. I've had this experience with most Maybelline mascaras.

I love the wand, i love the packaging, i even more so love the price! The formula didnt clump AT ALL and i used 2-3 coats and my eyelashes still looks natural. At first impression i was really impressed! It made my eyelashes look thicker and longer and had more volume, but it actually weighed down my curly eyelashes by a bit. Not only that, it did flake after 3-4 hours (major letdown) although my lashes still look good but still i do not like flaky eyelashes! Taking the mascara off wasnt much of a problem though for me, ive read several reviews saying that they had a really hard time taking it off (i think it depends on your eye makeup remover then not the mascara).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had very high expectation on this mascara. I got this in the washable formula since the waterproof version isn't available in my country. It gave great volume and length but it weighs down my curl which is a deal breaker for me. What I did to make it work is to apply one coat of the Great Lash (waterproof ver.) before layering this on. I think I would have loved this if could've held my curl.

I bought this as a recommendation from someone at Ulta (who advised me from getting the Mega Plush mascara). I previously owned the Falsies (purple tube) and the Colossal and I wanted to try something different. I used to hate rubber bristles (I'm looking at you, Benefit They're Real...you betrayed me) so for a while I looked for mascara that ONLY had regular big bristles. The Rocket is NOT bad, it does add a lot of volume to my lashes but not a whole lot on length. I heard that the Colossal was best for getting length so I bought it as part of their BOGO 50% off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Flakes, flakes and more flakes. To me this is an issue with all Maybelline mascaras, they flake horribly into your eyes and it's not only annoying, it can also be dangerous. Nice volume, cheap price, horrible formula.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara is really good if you just want length. I'm a fan of mascaras that can make my eyelashes voluminous and long and my eyelashes are long, but not curly. I really like the length the mascara gives you, but in my experience, it all turns into spider lashes if you begin to apply too much. It's not my favorite mascara because the wand is also really big, and pokey so if you apply it too close to your waterline, you can poke your eye, which I've done twice (and it doesn't feel too good!) I like to apply my mascara as close to the lashline as possible and the big brush doesn't do it that well. Another reason this mascara isn't my favorite is because it's a pain in the butt to remove! I don't even have the waterproof version and I feel like I can never remove it completely and it always takes out my lashes when I try to remove it. I use an oil based makeup remover and it's still difficult to take off.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I usually like Maybelline's mascaras but this one is just not as good as the others I've tried. The wand puts way too much product on my lashes which makes them stick together and, which is even worse, by the middle of the day I find it smudged on my eyelids. Won't buy again.

The very first time I tried this, i hate it. It clumps my lashes that looks like i just have 5 fat lashes! So i just forgot about it. Then i saw this on sale after a year. Bought it, tried it again. I don't know if the formula has been altered or what, but it makes my lashes beautiful. It lengthens and volumizes naturally. I don't curl my lashes but this mascara can curl my lashes on its own. I have this in smudgeproof (because it's the only variant available in the country) but it doesn't flake even after 8 hours of using it. It can smudge a little if i oil up very much tho. I don't use this if i am in a very hurry because it can poke my eyes due to its plastic and spiky wand. Nonetheless, i still like it!

For someone who has straight asian eyelashes, this mascara holds a curl very well (the waterproof ver.) with one coat it looks very natural and my lashes are nicely seperated, with some volume and lengthening. You can build this masacara up w/o any clumping.

When it came out I was really excited about it and I've heard a lot of amazing comments on Youtube about it. However, it didn't really meet my expectations. I have really straight and stubborn Asian lashes. The formula is wet despite it is waterproof, it doesn't hold the curl. Yes, it does give volume and length but I really want something that gives the curl. The Maybelline Lash Sensational would be a better choice if you have straight and stubborn lashes.

Popular Mascaras