August 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Polishes - Orly - Le Chateau

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I generally love Orly polishes. I love the bottles, the gripper handle, the shine and how fast they dry. Le Chateau has all that BUT it was a pain to apply. It didn't seem thick at first but it seemed to drag and get dry rather fast while applying and it just didn't always go where I wanted it to. I don't know if the formula needed to be thinned but I can't remember the last time I made such a mess painting my nails. I nearly gave up and started over, but persisted and got through it, albeit I had a major cleanup job to do. (How in earth *did* I get polish all over my hands??) I should have added thinner from the start. The colour is an ultra deep teal, bordering on black. The first coat is a bit streaky but you'll see the depth of this blackened peacock shade, but after the 2nd coat you'll basically be looking at a black cream polish. (But then you can tell looking at the bottle that this is a possibility). The end result is rather lovely if you like dark vampy shades (and don't mind if they look black in most light) and it did dry fast with Out the Door topcoat. Just be warned, this might be a problem child when it comes to application.