August 30, 2014 | 1818 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Lip Brilliance in Stage 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mcv714

I hardly every wear lip color because they're already so pink, but when I do I reach for this palette! The colors are beautiful and have the right amount of pigment without being lipstick-y. They work perfectly with my medium beige skin tone. They also have the perfect amount of shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

I loved the colours in this compact and the mirror was a really good size, the product seemed to last really well the only thing I didn't like was there seemed to be a not nice smell from the glosses it wasn't too vulgar and seemed to wear off once I had finished applying them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lorraineedayz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really, really like the colors and the look of the glosses in the palette.....but every single shade dried my lips out something fierce and left me with the 'white mouth'.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2004 12:39:00 AM More reviews by SuperFair

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In all honesty, I bought this compact JUST for the pinky/coral shade. I've been searching for the perfect coral shade for months ... which is a difficult task because I'm PPP and very cool. Most corals are too warm however, this pinky/coral shade works great! Not too warm and not too cool/pink. My HG coral gloss!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2004 11:14:00 PM More reviews by lime_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yeah, this is good stuff. In Sephora I thought the colors looked a little too peachy-gold for me, but the MUA reviews were so stellar that I took the plunge. Am glad I did. The colors are lovely individually, and they mix really well, so you can get any look you want, from barely-there to ooomph. The glosses go on nice and smooth, without too much of a taste or smell. The packaging is sleek and very portable, and the little brush is well-designed. The only complaint I have is that the color only lasts a couple hours on me. That's pretty good for a gloss, but based on other reviews I had higher expectations. I guess I must lick my lips more than the average person. *Updated* to say GOOD LUCK to the person who has the misfortune to have her lipgloss melt within this container (left purse in the hot sun)--there is no cleaning up the ensuing sticky, gloppy mess. Yikes. Also, my brush broke--the tip thing fell off, and now the sliding thing doesn't work. But I still love the glosses, even though they look ugly in the package now. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2004 1:05:00 AM More reviews by wacampbell

If I could marry this lip gloss trio I would. I always have this in my purse because it is just the prefect three colors for everything. Adore the middle and last shade the most and probably will use them up faster then the first one.. I totally recommend this and definately is worth the trip to the store and the money you pay for it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 6:30:00 PM More reviews by lissaSBC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think pakirani did a great job describing the colors. I can't really wear any of these colors alone, I like to use the coral and layer it with the champagne color or doing the same with the rosy pink shade. These glosses are creamy,moisturizing, and stay put! My only minor gripe is the smell, mine smells like old crayons but after a while the smell begins to dissipate. I think I will repurchase this trio again along with the Transparencies. Great product from Smashbox!

Update: These are the best! They are perfect for work, I only have to touch up once (at lunch) and I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day. I higly recommend these for girls who don't like to reapply their glosses throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 8:31:00 PM More reviews by pakirani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another lip palette from Smashbox worthy of praise! These lip colors go on like lipgloss, with non-tacky feeling shine, yet have the staying power of lipsticks (for me, their staying power is similar to NARS lipglosses and better than MAC lipglasses). The colors in this trio are gorgeous and summery. One color is a champagned beige, best worn over other colors, the middle shade is a rosey pink, a YLBB pink shade, and the last shade is a sheer coral pink. When I wore the last shade, my mom immediately commented on how my face glowed! It's lighter than MAC's lychee luxe and has more of a rosey pink tone to it. The shimmer in these is subtle. The lasting power is awesome. The small lipbrush is of good quality. And the colors would probably suit many skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Jazzie

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First, I have to admit that I enjoy convenient packaging. I would have much rathered this come in a set of three wand-style containers. Athough the compact is small & sleek, so I still gave it 5 lipsticks!!!

The colors are quite nice with a high gloss shine (maybe a tad sticky): Neutral Champagne Nude, Soft Pink-Rose, Vibrant Pink-Coral.

You get a fair amount for your money, so they will last a long time!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2003 6:18:00 PM More reviews by tnfrench

OMG, why didn't I try this one before!!?? Well, because it looks VERY shimmery and sparkly in the palette (and even when I tested on my hand) and the colors looked too bright for me, that's why. But, the colors looked so fun to me today that I had to try it. And I'm glad I did (although my bank account and my hubby won't be!). I had the Lightbox before, which was the same great quality, but I just couldn't get the shade/s I wanted out of it. These colors are gorgeous, make a very sexy, pouty lip, and rather than shimmery it just gives a beautiful shine. And the staying power is like nothing any other LG will give you. I'll be going back for this one, as I'd already shot my wad by the time I tried it =).