September 1, 2014 | 2127 users online

Eye Shadow - Quo - Back to Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by jorani2194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not too crazy when it comes to eye shadows, so this neutral palette is the bomb. It has a wide range of colors, including matte shades. That's one reason I really like this palette. I LOVE matte shades. I don't like incredibly shimmery/glittery/sparkly colors, and I had been searching for a good matte palette that wasn't too expensive, which was hard. There are a few shimmery shades in this palette, but the sparkle isn't too much, it's very light and on the skin it adds a nice shine.
These shades blend really nice and you can get a lot of looks out of all these colors. It also came with a brush, so that adds to the great value. People may think it's a bit expensive, but you get 12 shades for $25, that's like $2 a color, plus the fancy packaging and a brush, so that lowers the price of the individual components even more, so I believe this product has great value. And I work at a place that sells it so I got it for about $17.50, even better XD
Another thing I love about this product is that is stays! And it doesn't crease!!! I do recommend eye shadow primer, as you would with any other eye shadows, but I find this stuff stays for quite a while with little to no creasing.
Since it will take me a while to use up these shadows, and the fact this product is mainly available only during the holidays, I'm not sure I'll be purchasing it again. But if I do find out that it makes a regular recurrence, I will buy it when I need it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by CatherineMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an eyeshadow junkie, and this is a must have for everyday. You can play it up for evening wear to. The price point is excellent and the quality of the shadows are amazing. Easy to blend, high pigment, and a great colour choice. Very similar to the Urban Decay Naked palette :).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

I really like this pallette.

Perfectly neutral colours that are well pigmented and of high quality.

For $25, you can't go wrong.

Thes are EXTREMELY netural colours, so if you are looking for a pop, you probably won't find it in this palette.

My only problem with this palette is that the first half of the colours look great on my green eyes, but the last half of the shadows do nothing at all for my green eyes.

I wouldn't buy it again because i would like to explore other palettes, but other than that, this is a wonderful neutral, basic eyeshadow palette that is quite versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love this palette! It was re-released again this year as part of the Quo Holiday 2013 collection and I bought mine in November 2013. I've been using it steadily since, and it's got beautiful, wearable neutrals suitable for any occasion. The shadows are lovely and pigmented, and are also pretty and wearable shades that would suit everyone. The shades are so wearable that I've been using ALL the shadows in the palette, which isn't the case with most palettes, and is also the main reason why I normally don't buy palettes in the first place. As the reviewer below stated, the Back to Basics Quo palette is another Naked-type knockoff palette, and at $25 CAD, it was a great deal. A great buy that I would recommend to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by MrsTrues

Love this palette. Bought it as a Naked palette dupe and absolutely love it. Amazing price and great quality. I wish they had made it a regular item and not a holiday collection one. Thank goodness I bought three!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by courtx0

I got this palette for christmas this past year. I honestly love it! Its very similar to the urban decay naked palette, but half the price. It features very similar colors as the UDNP. The shadows have a great texture. They wear very well and blend nicely. All of the shadows have great pigmentation, especially the darker shadows.Also the palette comes with nice shading brush, very similar to the one in the UDNP .You can easily create casual looks , as well as beautiful smokey eyes. I would absolutely recommend this palette to anyone! Its a great value , and an overall great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Snowing

I bought this after seeing a blogpost from sparkled beauty on it being a dupe for the UD Naked 1. If I didn't already have the UD naked palette I would never have bought it.