November 22, 2014 | 1710 users online

Hair Removal - Shea Moisture - Honey & Black Seed Sugar Wax

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by ellesmith01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING product!!! I have used many home waxes, but I have finally found the one!! I used this for my brazillian, and it worked wonderfully. The wax smells wonderful, and the packaging is nice as well....I can't stop telling my friends about this product!
I saw some negative reviews about this product, and let me tell you what I found works best:
HEAT the jar in the microwave (even though it says not to, you have to!) for about 10 seconds.
Apply the wax, apply the strip, and WAIT. Don't pull it off immediately, because I found it works best when you let the wax cool just a little bit so that it has a thicker consistency.
Pull fast, and CLOSE to the skin.....don't pull far out.
I PROMISE IT DOESN'T HURT! I am a baby when it comes to waxing, and this wax was painless...I've never been able to give myself a full Brazilian until last night!
Keep trying at it, it is a wonderful product and I feel that us girls give up too easily when it doesn't pull everything off! Trust me, if it doesn't pull everything off, just try a new method of pulling of the strip!
I'm buying more of these, in case they run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used sugar wax just once before and it was ineffective, painful, and messy. Normally I shave but I have been re-evaluating my beauty choices because I care about the environment and how much waste I produce. Sugaring appeals to be because it can be cheap (if you make it yourself) and it is biodegradable. I bought this kit for $10 as a treat to myself to see if I could get into sugaring and make it work this time. Unfortunately it was ridiculously painful, completely ineffective and messy. I don't think it is the product's fault. Maybe my hairs weren't long enough or my technique wasn't good.

Even though I didn't like it, I am giving the product 4 lippies because I like Shea Moisture's product line. The ingredient list is clean. It smells nice. I think it is worth a try but you need to realize what you are getting into.

Some tips: run the jar under hot water if you can't get it open, heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften the wax if necessary, and you can wash the strips to re-use them. Also check out the videos on sugaring on youtube.