August 1, 2014 | 1882 users online

Eyeliner - Merle Norman - pro pen eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Most beauty products are middle-of-the-road. Occasionally, you get lucky and find rare, exceptional, holy grail ones that work beautifully. Then you have the opposite: products you wonder if were ever actually tested and make you say "wtf?!" (Cire Devine wax being my most alarming). Sadly, this was one! I had high hopes, as many Merle Norman products are indeed exceptional, including their Lasting cream eyeliner. Advertised as smudge-proof, long-wearing and water-resistant, this was the exact opposite. Racoon shadows started only after an hour of use. It started really unravelling after I got a drop of water on my eyelid; it ran badly, then smeared like tar when I tried fixing it with a tissue. In a panic, I tried washing it with mild soap. Carnage! It ran, smeared and stuck like glue all over the place. I looked like an extreme Alice Cooper in a rainstorm. It happened so easily, yet took aggressive measures to remove it from my face. The only thing worse than a deep, black product that runs easily is one that also won't come off when it does! Even liner that isn't advertised as long-wearing doesn't do this. There is no way I could wear this in daily life with weather, watery eyes, etc. I was really hoping to find a replacement for my phenomenal Lorac Pro liquid liner, as its now difficult to purchase in Canada. Too bad. Lorac pro has NEVER smudged, ran, or smeared even in hot showers, yet comes right off with remover or soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by cshea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. Just Wow. The greatest eyeliner I've ever used. The eyeliner comes in a pen, and the liquid flows smoothly through the pen's fabulous brush. The brush draws a beautiful line, the thickness of which can be easily varied. I've found this pen to be almost goof proof, but if the line happens to feather a little, I blend it with a cotton bud before the line dries. (Note that once the line dries, it does not move. You need a decent eye make up remover to take this fabulous stuff off.) In terms of cost, I've been using the same pen for four months, and the liquid is just as perfect as the day I started. If you've used gel eyeliner, you know it almost always dries out long before you finish the pot.

Incidentally, the black is very opaque. I think most people will find a pencil works better for lining their lower lids.

If you're looking for black eyeliner, you will not find anything better than this. I know, because I've tried everything out there.