Bobbi Brown Rich Caviar Eye Palette

on 12/5/2012 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is part of the Bobbi Brown Holiday Collection. I instantly fell in love with the colors. I didn't have a khaki palette, so I bought this. I don't own any other Bobbi Brown eye shadows, so I don't know how these compare to the regular collection. I find the pigmentation levels good, but the texture is slightly chalky. Nothing extreme, but still a little surprising for a palette that was just under $50 for 6 shadows. Here are the individual shade reviews:

Bone: This is a matte off white shade. It's good as a highlight under the brow bone

Candlelight: This is a metallic shimmering beige gold. I like it because it isn't too shimmery. I love to wash this over my entire lid for a pick-me up.

Wheat: This is a matte ash beige. I'm actually surprised at how much I love this color. It doesn't look like much in the pan, but it's a really nice medium color for the lid.

Olive: This is a sparkly golden green. It's the reason that I bought the palette. I love the color. I love how the sparkles aren't over-done. I didn't notice any fall-out after I initially applied it, which was great.

Black Topaz: Deep green with subtle gold shimmer. I think it's really pretty and versatile. It can be used as a liner or as a contour color.

Rich Caviar: This is a deep black-brown. I love to wet a liner brush and use this on my lash line. It really defines without being too harsh. It also lasts really long as a liner.