Clinique Chubby Stick Intense

4.5

on 12/25/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

PROS:

-moisture: a really moisturizing lipstick, feels like a nice luxurious lip balm
-color: the chubby sticks intense have amazing color payoff. you can wear them sheered out by tapping it on your lips or your can apply with a full swipe and get a fantastic rich pigmented shade
-packaging: you get a ton of product. No need to sharpen, since it is a twist up, and i find it easier to apply than a regular ole lipstick for my non existent lips
-price: okay, so it's not NYC-type cheap, but at sephora, for the amount of product you get, and for its versatility, I would pay a lot more than it actually costs.
-staying power: surprising staying power actually, for a lip product so smooth and moisturizing! Lasts me through a meal, especially over a lip liner

MEDIUM:
the color selection is not extensive, i do wish for them to come out with more, but the shades they do offer are STUNNING. Broadest Berry is a truly unique brown berry shade: not too pink, not too brown, just a PERFECT vampy lip. And plushest punch is my go to hot pink.

CONS:
it does have a scent, it's not unpleasant, but if you don't like that it's something to consider

Overall these are something I recommend to everyone (I work at Shoppers Drug Mart in the Beauty Gallery). Young girls getting into makeup can use them sparingly for day and more boldly for night, and mature ladies can use them to not excentuate their fine lip lines and dryness. It's a stellar product!

on 12/3/2014 1:32:00 AM

I like Clinique lipsticks especially that they don't smell like lipstick. I have the roomiest rose of this stick and it seems to do the trick with my work outfit. It says intense but I think it puts the right amount of color on your lips and doesn't come off with residue or half colored lips. It leaves a nice tint which means I don't have to worry about my lips looking pale mid day. I barely retouch so this is good for me.

on 11/28/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

now that there are many more on the market that are fairly similar for cheaper I do see this as a bit too expensive. I have it in the punch colour and it's moisturising and the pigment is lovely...I would say though that it doesn't last very long. there are plenty of really good dupes out there.

on 10/23/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have Grandest Grape & I am very impressed!! I liked the old Chubby's but these are even an improvement coz I had another purple one that was a GWP some other 1 w/ Grape in its name but it was way more purple. Almost too purple. Coral, purple, & Fuschia are my least favorite lip colors. But i conversely love Browns & beiges. So an odd pairing came about when clinique paired purple (more like wine) w brown & if they had a baby if would be Grandest Grape which is a wonderful color, slick, not sticky, glossy, & pigmented. I got this in the clinique party girl set & I was pleasantly surprised by this color. When I 1st saw it I was all like, "ooh scary purple! This sux!" But then I put it on & the magic of clinique happened. It's a dramatic color not brown, not purple, not wine but hard to describe & complex. Usually I find myself using the word "complex" to describe MAC not clinique but this is a treasure! The dupes don't even begin to compare to the original or intense chubby sticks. I like the Jordaba ones most out of all the dupes if u wanna save some cash, but they aren't as opaque as the CSI are. I hate Revlon Just Bitten's minty tingle. I hate mint in general ugh. This has no discernible smells or taste & it doesn't make my lips burn or peel. I love how these twist up; if u had to sharpen these it would have been a deal breaker for so many including myself. I want the chili & caramel shades next! This lasts as long on me as normal lipglosses & feels so moisturizing & emollient on my lips. I am a huge CSI fan after getting Grandest Grape! I am all about clinique once again & once again all is right in my world ;)

As most women know, it has been an uphill task finding the perfect red lipstick. The wrong one can make one look harsh or tacky. Clinique's Chubby Stick in 'Heftiest Hibiscus' was the perfect shade of red for me. It is absolutely flattering.

Full review and photos available at: http://bit.ly/int-chubby

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this in heftiest hibiscus, it's a pretty coral orangey/red colour. I don't really like the waxy smell (smells like play-doh!) and it's not very moisturizing and dries out my lips. For the price it's not worth it. I expect better from clinique.

on 6/28/2014 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely adore this product! I have it in the shade 'Grandest Grape' and it is the most flattering plum/berry colour on me. I have dabbled with berry lips in the past but usually the purple tones make me look incredibly washed out and sickly. This one however has enough red tones mixed in to make it look good on my fair/medium asian skin.

The pigment in this chubby stick is as pigmented (if not more so) than a regular lipstick, but my lips never get dry from this. For me, it lasts the entire day with eating and drinking when I have it on as a stain and about 4-5 hours when it is fully applied.

on 6/26/2014 3:29:00 AM

I own too many chubby sticks for just one pair of lips. I have the original ones in three colours, but you can only do so much with a sheer lip colour. Then the intense sticks came along, and I found myself buying another two more chubby sticks. I have them in Mightiest Maraschino and Grandest Grape, and I love them all. Grandest Grape gets the most mileage out of them all - don't be fooled by the darkness of the colour, it comes out as the most flattering shade of plum on your lips, and goes really well with my fair complexion.

I've seen the Revlon sticks around, and have tested them in the drugstore itself. I honestly don't think the texture even compares, although the matt / glossy variety might be attractive to some. But hey, stick with the original man. You won't be disappointed.

on 2/15/2014 3:09:00 PM

I have this in Mightiest Maraschino. For such intense pigmentation, it really does have a nice, light feel. This shade is a classic red that reads slightly fuchsia in certain lights. I think some of the other shades would suit me better, and I'm eager to try some of the lighter colors. This does get the ring-around-the-mouth wash-out common among red lipsticks after about an hour of wear, due to its light, balm-like texture. It's not super moisturizing, but not drying either. It would be a good starter red lipstick, if you're too afraid to go bold or want to try something that doesn't last all day.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have the chubby sick intense in the holiday 13 LE shade, rocking Raspberry. I looooove this. The color, the formula, everything is perfect. It glides on creamy and lasts for hours, isn't overly drying and is really easy to use.

Compared to regular chubby sick these are much more pigmented and less of a balmy feel, more like a really creamy lipstick.

Highly recommend!