April 19, 2014 | 1945 users online

Lips - Clinique - Chubby Stick Intense

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Mightiest Maraschino. For such intense pigmentation, it really does have a nice, light feel. This shade is a classic red that reads slightly fuchsia in certain lights. I think some of the other shades would suit me better, and I'm eager to try some of the lighter colors. This does get the ring-around-the-mouth wash-out common among red lipsticks after about an hour of wear, due to its light, balm-like texture. It's not super moisturizing, but not drying either. It would be a good starter red lipstick, if you're too afraid to go bold or want to try something that doesn't last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have the chubby sick intense in the holiday 13 LE shade, rocking Raspberry. I looooove this. The color, the formula, everything is perfect. It glides on creamy and lasts for hours, isn't overly drying and is really easy to use.

Compared to regular chubby sick these are much more pigmented and less of a balmy feel, more like a really creamy lipstick.

Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

I hate to be only the second person to give this anything but a super review. Maybe it is simply a problem with the particular shade that I own, which is Heftiest Hibiscus.

The first thing that I noticed when putting it on was that it is identical in colour to Clinique's Long Last Red Red Red shade. Oh no, I thought, because although I have never had troubles with other shades in Clinique's Long Last line, the Red Red Red somehow was drying and settled unevenly on the lips. I hoped that Heftiest Hibiscus wouldn't be the shade with the same problem in the Chubby Intense line. I applied the Heftiest Hibiscus and yikes, same problems as Red Red Red from the Long Last line.

Just to confirm, I got out my Red Red Red and put it on the left half of my lips and put the Hefty Hibiscus on my right half. Would you believe that the Heftiest Hibiscus, even though the newer tube amongst the two, ended up looking the worse of the two after about 20 minutes as far as uneven settling, drying of lips, etc.

Oh well......am glad that everyone is enjoying the Chubby Stick Intense line, and just like Red Red Red from Clinique's Long Last line, perhaps it is just a pigment issue that that is affecting that shade as well as this identical shade of Heftiest Hibiscus in the Chubby Stick Intense line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My story with these sort of products is this: I waited for a Chubby Stick dupe because I didn't want to spend a lot on a product that had seemed to me like it didn't have to be the highest of quality to be worn with dignity, so I got the Revlon Just Bitten in Crush which is a pretty deep berry shade. I thought that this kind of texture would make it easy to pull off a dark shade for daytime, and It did. I lost it two weeks later and decided to purchase the original Clinique product instead. At the counter I ended up getting the Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape which is also a deep berry shade. Now that I have tried both, I will review the two by comparing them. Let's start:
Color-wise, both are a deep berry shade, Grandest Grape is a little darker and it fades into a pinkier stain. Both are the darkest in their range.
Upon application, both glide smoothly and both are a little tricky around the cupid's bow and edges; the Chubby Stick Intense is, of course, more pigmented and applies just a little more even. I'd say Just Bitten has a medium pigment density while the Chubby Stick Intense has a a rich, almost full density. The Revlon Just Bitten has a little mild sweet scent while the chubby stick intense (let's call it CSI from now on, lol) has no scent or taste at all.
They both wear comfortably. I'd say the Just Bitten feels a little more waxy. None of them is very hydrating, but they both feel smooth. The CSI is a little smoother, but neither leaves my lips soft for long. Just Bitten also smears and transfers easily, I used to check myself in the mirror all the time to see if it hadn't smeared or faded, while the CSI stays put, which brings me to the next concern- lasting power, where Clinique wins big time. While the CSI's shiny coat fades (which takes a while), it still leaves a rich stain on the lips. It will fade if you drink with a straw but it won't if you sip from a cup. Just Bitten stays put for an hour or until you drink, whatever comes first, and then you have to reapply because it leaves a very faded wash of color (I wouldn't call it a stain). It doesn't fade evenly, too.
Overall, I think they are quite similar in everything except for the longevity, which for me made a difference. I didn't want to be bothered with having to reapply so often, worry about smears and just be conscious about it all the time like I did with the Just Bitten, and the Chubby Stick Intense made up for what Just Bitten was lacking. To me, it feels like the CSI is a stain with a shiny coat and Just Bitten is a colored shiny coat (you know what I mean?). I think Just Bitten is good but not as good.
Keep in mind that both colors reviewed are very dark, and dark colors require high maintenance. I think that if you want a wash of color or something lighter and more natural looking, Just Bitten will do the job just fine. If you're looking for something brighter or you plan on wearing it daily, investing in a Chubby Stick Intense would give you a peace of mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I definitely like the Chubby Stick Intense formula compared to the original Chubby sticks.
The Intense sticks definitely have a rich pigment and they leave a nice stain behind. They're not super long lasting given the creamy texture but it's a payoff. I don't like matte lipsticks because they dry out my lips and I'm willing to use a creamy formula if it leaves behind a pretty stain instead of that 'ring' effect. I apply clear gloss for a soft look.
I just have Mightiest Maraschino which is a nice everyday red and I plan to pick up a few more colours because I love this concept of lipstick pencils, especially these ones which are twist up so no sharpening is required. The lid seems to stay on well so I don't have to worry about smashed lipstick in my makeup bag. (ahem, NARS, cough cough)
Best of all, there's no fragrance and the price is reasonable.
Thank you Clinique for this great lip product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by uschiobermaier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a free sample in broadest berry. I was super excited bc I've been dying to try the chubby stick but for the price I just can't justify it (when there are so many cheaper options out there these days). I am IN LOVE with this 'intense' version of the chubby stick.

The quality is amazing! It applies like a balm, super creamy and smooth, but it sets matte! The color becomes one with my lips, it's so comfortable. I have perma-chapped lips but this is like a soft, cool caress shielding them from the air and keeping them extremely comfortable to the point where I wear it at home while I'm just vegging out on the couch!

I'm a total spend-thrift, but I am convinced that I need more of these in my life! Although I'll probably have a anxiety attack handing over $20 for a single lip product, I get so much wear out of these that it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I got a free sample of this tonight just for trying the product on. I have heard people rant and rave about these things, but I honestly have a thing against buying Clinique for some reason. I think it has to do with the fact that when I first started wearing makeup everyone worse Clinique and it was so boring to me. I do have to admit they have stepped up their game some and added some more personality to the line, but I still have this stereotyped image in my head of Clinique being boring. Perhaps I will have to rethink that.

Anyways a really lovely makeup associate helped me and my sister. I say lovely because I usually HATE makeup counter "artist"....I hesitate to call them all artist. Some are mind you, some are not....most around Central Illinois are not. She talked to my sister who hardly wears makeup about what foundations she could try in the future if she ever decides she wants to wear makeup on a regular basis. I sort of drifted off into lala land while she was talking to my sister, but I guess at some point she told us if we tried on some sort of product we could get a free sample of perfume and an intense chubby stick...I told her I didn't have any money to buy any products. She responsed by saying I didn't need to purchase anything...just try something on. lol

I tried the intense chubby stick in Mightiest Maraschino. It was super flattering and produced bit a nice red mouth, if I do say so myself. It popped and was bold, but not too bold. Sometimes I feel like red is just too sexy. This was sort of a more tamed, every day red lip....if a red lip can be tame. lol

The feel of the product is like a lip balm and it felt very nice. The color wasn't patchy and it was just plain pretty. Overall I really like the product and think I will have to indulge in some more in the future.

My only complain is that the pointed part of the stick doesn't go all the way inside the tube. I can forsee myself gouging the balm at some point with the lid. Other than that I don't really have any complaints.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted something plum-colored for my lips, but all plums are too blue for me and I end up looking like a Goth Granny.

On my last trip to Sephora I tested the Chubby Sticks. I swatched them on my hand and even the darkest color barely showed up. The light ones didn't even register (honestly, those who claim the regular Chubbies have "such wonderful color" must have totally white lips). And then I noticed the Intense group. I ignored Mightiest Maraschino, Heftiest Hibiscus, and Plushest Punch, because I DETEST loud lip colors. I don't care how fashionable they are. To me, they just scream 'vulgar.' I tried Grand Grape, and was delighted. It's exactly what I was looking for: plum but not blue. It has enough red in it to avoid the Goth Granny look.

It won't survive meals with any oil content (pasta, salads, etc.). But after dinner, I swabbed it on again and it stayed put through wine and coffee. I just rubbed my lips together and got a nice, noticeable stain for quite a long time. It did not bleed, or feather. I might get the Chili or the Berry (which I thought had a lot more brown than berry in it) because it is really a good product. I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic product! After trying the regular Chubby Sticks because I was drawn to the wonderful packaging, I was disappointed with the lack of color payoff and greasiness of the regular formula.
Enter Chubby Stick Intense: I received a sample of Plushest Punch, a bright pink on the cooler side and I fell in love! Great creamy opaque color, good feel on my lips, non-drying, wonderful. I subsequently bought Mightiest Maraschino and Boldest Berry, both are excellent choices for cooler toned skins. Mightiest Maraschino is the perfect cherry red for me and Boldest Berry is more subdued, a true neutral/cool berry but it has enough impact to brighten my face. While the regular Chubby Sticks were quite a disappointment for me, the Chubby Sticks Intense totally deliver. I am hoping for more shades to be added and I will definitely repurchase the shades I currently use when I run out. Retail: $17.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by najah83

stellar product from Cliniqe. Glides on beautifully for rich, pretty, chic, instant colour, plumping and moisturising. Amazing packaging. What's not to love?