December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Lips - Clinique - Chubby Stick Intense

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by demeter18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like Clinique lipsticks especially that they don't smell like lipstick. I have the roomiest rose of this stick and it seems to do the trick with my work outfit. It says intense but I think it puts the right amount of color on your lips and doesn't come off with residue or half colored lips. It leaves a nice tint which means I don't have to worry about my lips looking pale mid day. I barely retouch so this is good for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

now that there are many more on the market that are fairly similar for cheaper I do see this as a bit too expensive. I have it in the punch colour and it's moisturising and the pigment is lovely...I would say though that it doesn't last very long. there are plenty of really good dupes out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I have Grandest Grape & I am very impressed!! I liked the old Chubby's but these are even an improvement coz I had another purple one that was a GWP some other 1 w/ Grape in its name but it was way more purple. Almost too purple. Coral, purple, & Fuschia are my least favorite lip colors. But i conversely love Browns & beiges. So an odd pairing came about when clinique paired purple (more like wine) w brown & if they had a baby if would be Grandest Grape which is a wonderful color, slick, not sticky, glossy, & pigmented. I got this in the clinique party girl set & I was pleasantly surprised by this color. When I 1st saw it I was all like, "ooh scary purple! This sux!" But then I put it on & the magic of clinique happened. It's a dramatic color not brown, not purple, not wine but hard to describe & complex. Usually I find myself using the word "complex" to describe MAC not clinique but this is a treasure! The dupes don't even begin to compare to the original or intense chubby sticks. I like the Jordaba ones most out of all the dupes if u wanna save some cash, but they aren't as opaque as the CSI are. I hate Revlon Just Bitten's minty tingle. I hate mint in general ugh. This has no discernible smells or taste & it doesn't make my lips burn or peel. I love how these twist up; if u had to sharpen these it would have been a deal breaker for so many including myself. I want the chili & caramel shades next! This lasts as long on me as normal lipglosses & feels so moisturizing & emollient on my lips. I am a huge CSI fan after getting Grandest Grape! I am all about clinique once again & once again all is right in my world ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As most women know, it has been an uphill task finding the perfect red lipstick. The wrong one can make one look harsh or tacky. Clinique's Chubby Stick in 'Heftiest Hibiscus' was the perfect shade of red for me. It is absolutely flattering.

Full review and photos available at: http://bit.ly/int-chubby

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in heftiest hibiscus, it's a pretty coral orangey/red colour. I don't really like the waxy smell (smells like play-doh!) and it's not very moisturizing and dries out my lips. For the price it's not worth it. I expect better from clinique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I absolutely adore this product! I have it in the shade 'Grandest Grape' and it is the most flattering plum/berry colour on me. I have dabbled with berry lips in the past but usually the purple tones make me look incredibly washed out and sickly. This one however has enough red tones mixed in to make it look good on my fair/medium asian skin.

The pigment in this chubby stick is as pigmented (if not more so) than a regular lipstick, but my lips never get dry from this. For me, it lasts the entire day with eating and drinking when I have it on as a stain and about 4-5 hours when it is fully applied.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by teojia

I own too many chubby sticks for just one pair of lips. I have the original ones in three colours, but you can only do so much with a sheer lip colour. Then the intense sticks came along, and I found myself buying another two more chubby sticks. I have them in Mightiest Maraschino and Grandest Grape, and I love them all. Grandest Grape gets the most mileage out of them all - don't be fooled by the darkness of the colour, it comes out as the most flattering shade of plum on your lips, and goes really well with my fair complexion.

I've seen the Revlon sticks around, and have tested them in the drugstore itself. I honestly don't think the texture even compares, although the matt / glossy variety might be attractive to some. But hey, stick with the original man. You won't be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Mightiest Maraschino. For such intense pigmentation, it really does have a nice, light feel. This shade is a classic red that reads slightly fuchsia in certain lights. I think some of the other shades would suit me better, and I'm eager to try some of the lighter colors. This does get the ring-around-the-mouth wash-out common among red lipsticks after about an hour of wear, due to its light, balm-like texture. It's not super moisturizing, but not drying either. It would be a good starter red lipstick, if you're too afraid to go bold or want to try something that doesn't last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have the chubby sick intense in the holiday 13 LE shade, rocking Raspberry. I looooove this. The color, the formula, everything is perfect. It glides on creamy and lasts for hours, isn't overly drying and is really easy to use.

Compared to regular chubby sick these are much more pigmented and less of a balmy feel, more like a really creamy lipstick.

Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

I hate to be only the second person to give this anything but a super review. Maybe it is simply a problem with the particular shade that I own, which is Heftiest Hibiscus.

The first thing that I noticed when putting it on was that it is identical in colour to Clinique's Long Last Red Red Red shade. Oh no, I thought, because although I have never had troubles with other shades in Clinique's Long Last line, the Red Red Red somehow was drying and settled unevenly on the lips. I hoped that Heftiest Hibiscus wouldn't be the shade with the same problem in the Chubby Intense line. I applied the Heftiest Hibiscus and yikes, same problems as Red Red Red from the Long Last line.

Just to confirm, I got out my Red Red Red and put it on the left half of my lips and put the Hefty Hibiscus on my right half. Would you believe that the Heftiest Hibiscus, even though the newer tube amongst the two, ended up looking the worse of the two after about 20 minutes as far as uneven settling, drying of lips, etc.

Oh well......am glad that everyone is enjoying the Chubby Stick Intense line, and just like Red Red Red from Clinique's Long Last line, perhaps it is just a pigment issue that that is affecting that shade as well as this identical shade of Heftiest Hibiscus in the Chubby Stick Intense line.