October 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Lips - Clinique - Chubby Stick Intense

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As most women know, it has been an uphill task finding the perfect red lipstick. The wrong one can make one look harsh or tacky. Clinique's Chubby Stick in 'Heftiest Hibiscus' was the perfect shade of red for me. It is absolutely flattering.

Full review and photos available at: http://bit.ly/int-chubby

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

I have this in heftiest hibiscus, it's a pretty coral orangey/red colour. I don't really like the waxy smell (smells like play-doh!) and it's not very moisturizing and dries out my lips. For the price it's not worth it. I expect better from clinique.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I absolutely adore this product! I have it in the shade 'Grandest Grape' and it is the most flattering plum/berry colour on me. I have dabbled with berry lips in the past but usually the purple tones make me look incredibly washed out and sickly. This one however has enough red tones mixed in to make it look good on my fair/medium asian skin.

The pigment in this chubby stick is as pigmented (if not more so) than a regular lipstick, but my lips never get dry from this. For me, it lasts the entire day with eating and drinking when I have it on as a stain and about 4-5 hours when it is fully applied.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by teojia

I own too many chubby sticks for just one pair of lips. I have the original ones in three colours, but you can only do so much with a sheer lip colour. Then the intense sticks came along, and I found myself buying another two more chubby sticks. I have them in Mightiest Maraschino and Grandest Grape, and I love them all. Grandest Grape gets the most mileage out of them all - don't be fooled by the darkness of the colour, it comes out as the most flattering shade of plum on your lips, and goes really well with my fair complexion.

I've seen the Revlon sticks around, and have tested them in the drugstore itself. I honestly don't think the texture even compares, although the matt / glossy variety might be attractive to some. But hey, stick with the original man. You won't be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Kris0218

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Mightiest Maraschino. For such intense pigmentation, it really does have a nice, light feel. This shade is a classic red that reads slightly fuchsia in certain lights. I think some of the other shades would suit me better, and I'm eager to try some of the lighter colors. This does get the ring-around-the-mouth wash-out common among red lipsticks after about an hour of wear, due to its light, balm-like texture. It's not super moisturizing, but not drying either. It would be a good starter red lipstick, if you're too afraid to go bold or want to try something that doesn't last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have the chubby sick intense in the holiday 13 LE shade, rocking Raspberry. I looooove this. The color, the formula, everything is perfect. It glides on creamy and lasts for hours, isn't overly drying and is really easy to use.

Compared to regular chubby sick these are much more pigmented and less of a balmy feel, more like a really creamy lipstick.

Highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

I hate to be only the second person to give this anything but a super review. Maybe it is simply a problem with the particular shade that I own, which is Heftiest Hibiscus.

The first thing that I noticed when putting it on was that it is identical in colour to Clinique's Long Last Red Red Red shade. Oh no, I thought, because although I have never had troubles with other shades in Clinique's Long Last line, the Red Red Red somehow was drying and settled unevenly on the lips. I hoped that Heftiest Hibiscus wouldn't be the shade with the same problem in the Chubby Intense line. I applied the Heftiest Hibiscus and yikes, same problems as Red Red Red from the Long Last line.

Just to confirm, I got out my Red Red Red and put it on the left half of my lips and put the Hefty Hibiscus on my right half. Would you believe that the Heftiest Hibiscus, even though the newer tube amongst the two, ended up looking the worse of the two after about 20 minutes as far as uneven settling, drying of lips, etc.

Oh well......am glad that everyone is enjoying the Chubby Stick Intense line, and just like Red Red Red from Clinique's Long Last line, perhaps it is just a pigment issue that that is affecting that shade as well as this identical shade of Heftiest Hibiscus in the Chubby Stick Intense line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My story with these sort of products is this: I waited for a Chubby Stick dupe because I didn't want to spend a lot on a product that had seemed to me like it didn't have to be the highest of quality to be worn with dignity, so I got the Revlon Just Bitten in Crush which is a pretty deep berry shade. I thought that this kind of texture would make it easy to pull off a dark shade for daytime, and It did. I lost it two weeks later and decided to purchase the original Clinique product instead. At the counter I ended up getting the Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape which is also a deep berry shade. Now that I have tried both, I will review the two by comparing them. Let's start:
Color-wise, both are a deep berry shade, Grandest Grape is a little darker and it fades into a pinkier stain. Both are the darkest in their range.
Upon application, both glide smoothly and both are a little tricky around the cupid's bow and edges; the Chubby Stick Intense is, of course, more pigmented and applies just a little more even. I'd say Just Bitten has a medium pigment density while the Chubby Stick Intense has a a rich, almost full density. The Revlon Just Bitten has a little mild sweet scent while the chubby stick intense (let's call it CSI from now on, lol) has no scent or taste at all.
They both wear comfortably. I'd say the Just Bitten feels a little more waxy. None of them is very hydrating, but they both feel smooth. The CSI is a little smoother, but neither leaves my lips soft for long. Just Bitten also smears and transfers easily, I used to check myself in the mirror all the time to see if it hadn't smeared or faded, while the CSI stays put, which brings me to the next concern- lasting power, where Clinique wins big time. While the CSI's shiny coat fades (which takes a while), it still leaves a rich stain on the lips. It will fade if you drink with a straw but it won't if you sip from a cup. Just Bitten stays put for an hour or until you drink, whatever comes first, and then you have to reapply because it leaves a very faded wash of color (I wouldn't call it a stain). It doesn't fade evenly, too.
Overall, I think they are quite similar in everything except for the longevity, which for me made a difference. I didn't want to be bothered with having to reapply so often, worry about smears and just be conscious about it all the time like I did with the Just Bitten, and the Chubby Stick Intense made up for what Just Bitten was lacking. To me, it feels like the CSI is a stain with a shiny coat and Just Bitten is a colored shiny coat (you know what I mean?). I think Just Bitten is good but not as good.
Keep in mind that both colors reviewed are very dark, and dark colors require high maintenance. I think that if you want a wash of color or something lighter and more natural looking, Just Bitten will do the job just fine. If you're looking for something brighter or you plan on wearing it daily, investing in a Chubby Stick Intense would give you a peace of mind.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I definitely like the Chubby Stick Intense formula compared to the original Chubby sticks.
The Intense sticks definitely have a rich pigment and they leave a nice stain behind. They're not super long lasting given the creamy texture but it's a payoff. I don't like matte lipsticks because they dry out my lips and I'm willing to use a creamy formula if it leaves behind a pretty stain instead of that 'ring' effect. I apply clear gloss for a soft look.
I just have Mightiest Maraschino which is a nice everyday red and I plan to pick up a few more colours because I love this concept of lipstick pencils, especially these ones which are twist up so no sharpening is required. The lid seems to stay on well so I don't have to worry about smashed lipstick in my makeup bag. (ahem, NARS, cough cough)
Best of all, there's no fragrance and the price is reasonable.
Thank you Clinique for this great lip product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by uschiobermaier

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a free sample in broadest berry. I was super excited bc I've been dying to try the chubby stick but for the price I just can't justify it (when there are so many cheaper options out there these days). I am IN LOVE with this 'intense' version of the chubby stick.

The quality is amazing! It applies like a balm, super creamy and smooth, but it sets matte! The color becomes one with my lips, it's so comfortable. I have perma-chapped lips but this is like a soft, cool caress shielding them from the air and keeping them extremely comfortable to the point where I wear it at home while I'm just vegging out on the couch!

I'm a total spend-thrift, but I am convinced that I need more of these in my life! Although I'll probably have a anxiety attack handing over $20 for a single lip product, I get so much wear out of these that it's worth it!