April 17, 2014 | 1913 users online

Makeup Brushes - LiLique Retractable Powder/Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Beautiful, super soft brush. I love retractable kabukis because there's no worry about keeping the bristles in good condition and you can also preload them with bronzer, powder, mineral makeup... and put them in your purse for touchups later on. I love this one for mineral makeup. I find there are two kinds of synthetic bristles out there. Some are more dense while others are fluffier and this one is the fluffier version. Gives a really nice finish and feels so luxurious you just want to pet it. :) These seem to be hard to pin down online but I find them at Winners in Canada (so I assume TJMaxx or Marshalls should have them in the US). They come and go so if you don't find it one time, it might show up the next. I've been spotting them again recently so I'll be grabbing a backup. They also don't take forever to dry. What I do is wash first with Dr. Bronner's Castille soap, rinse thoroughly and dry as much as possible with a paper towel. Then I get a little cup of 99% alcohol and dip the bristles in there, squeeze as much out as I can and again dry with a paper towel. Then I'll take a strip of paper towel and roll the brush in it (to help hold the bristles in place) and tie an elastic around the handle. Lay flat or at an angle with the bristles pointing down to any moisture drips away from the ferrule. The alcohol both disinfects and helps it dry faster.