November 1, 2014 | 1249 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Foxy Curls Hi-Def Curl Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by ShruBrew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After admiring the super-cute packaging of Tigi Bed Head products from afar for years, I finally snapped and binge-shopped four of them in a month. And after spending what is probably a small fortune for many, I can vouch for all the hype around these babies! They are pretty darn good!! It took a few trial and error sessions and a few days of having wet-looking, crunchy curls (yikes!) to figure out the best way to use this spray. Instead of spraying the product directly on to damp hair, which gives inconsistent coverage, use it as a cocktail with the Foxy Curls (or any other) mousse. I take about a little less than a golf ball sized amount of the mousse in hand and spray around 4 to 5 pumps of the Hi-Def spray. It sort of thins out the mousse but that doesn't matter. I then scrunch this mix into my 3B hair. Keeps frizz at bay all day and holds the curl really well even when subjected to some serious wind (I love sitting in the window seat on the bus, the wind gets pretty nasty near the sea). Humidity isn't a problem. And it keeps my hair intact and the curls separated even when I sweat like a pig on a hot summer's day. I'm knocking one lippie off for it's propensity to make your hair crunchy. But overall it's a great product. Will definitely re-buy!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this one. I am partial to spray gels, and once L'Oreal discontinued Glossy Curls Started trying everything I could get my hands on. This does smell like candy, and it is heavily perfumed. I like super sweet smells so that doesn't bother me. I layered it over curl keeper scrunched with a flour sack towel, then diffused. My hair is wavy, maybe an inch past shoulders. It isn't advertised as a thickening product, but for me it is. It is tacky when wet, but that dissipated with blow drying. This gave ok definition, but it was i also couldnt easily get my hands through it. Second day hair was much better. I detangled the ends, spritzed with h2o, scrunched in a dime amount of conditioned, plopped in flour sack towel for about 20 minutes. I had ropey mermaid hair. Pretty sexy. I hit the roots with the concentrator attachment, and hot damn. Way better than first day. But third morning, dreads. I am tempted to work with it, maybe use leave in only on first day. But it is drying, which may cause it to go in the swap pile.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sawg12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was purchased to revive second day curls as I can't seem to find much out there that is a good spray. Took me a few times to figure out how to use it and I didn't like it at first, but now I love it and carry it in my purse and in the car. It's not sticky on my hands, smells like candy, and perks curls right up. Really helps with second day hair. Kinda pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by playboy_mommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this right after applying the Foxy Curls Contour Cream (which I love). This made my hair sticky and difficult to work with: my hair stuck to my hands when I scrunched, and stayed semi-sticky throughout the day.

It left my thick waves crunchy and wet-looking with a halo of frizz. Awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to product if I want definition and volume for my natural waves / curls. The trick is to use only a tiny amount - if you use too much your hair will end up limp, stiff and not voluminous or bouncy at all. I spray around 4-7 pumps for my long fine hair and scrunch the hair with hands and I'm ready to go. Easiest product ever and it totally keeps the curls rocking all day long! The smell is also heavenly!