July 30, 2014 | 1757 users online

Moisturizers - Peter Thomas Roth - Laser-Free Regenerator Moisturizing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Like the other reviews say. .. this is an odd product.

It is quite thick and gel like, almost like a hair product. It feels silky like a facial primer and goes on smoothly.

I wear this on "no makeup" days with some concealer over it. The effect is very nice, non greasy skin, my product stays put and skin feels nice.

I will say that the product is too heavy for my to repurchase, I don't need such a heavy duty silicone all over my face. For the cost and the effect, I wouldn't repurchase although I will finish the one I have and probably miss it from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by OvaryUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this with my Clarisonic, tried it once and then put it on the shelf because it was just so strange. But then I ran out of my usual moisturizer and went ahead and finished my sample. I'm glad I did. After about six weeks of use, along with the PTR gel cleanser, my skin has evened out and I'm not having any breakouts or noticing any clogged pores. My skin is usually very sensitive.

Also, this moisturizer is *amazing* at oil control. I use it under my foundation, and at the end of the work day I barely need another dusting of powder. Very mattifying.

I did purchase a full sized jar, but it is super expensive and the packaging is awkward. Since the consistency is so strange, I like to use a different moisturizer at night. I'm not sure if this will work through the winter, but we'll see!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product was recommended by a Sephora SA, and she was right in that it didn't irritate or breakout my skin, and most products do that to me. I like the silky feeling of it, it is absorbed into my skin quickly and makeup goes on very nicely over it. It did moisturize adequately, so my dislikes are more about price and packaging. US price is $68/oz, which is absurd, especially since it is packaged in a jar. I was kinda desperate for the soothing qualities, so I gave up and purchased this anyhow. If it were in a 1.7 oz tube, I would consider buying again for the way makeup goes on and stays on and because it actually is a good formula that degrades because of the jar. But as it is, no thanks.
UPDATE 8/26/13: I returned this product because I could see a decrease in effectiveness as time went on, and also, the texture and feel was moving towards gooey vs silky. I blame it on the jar container which allows the product to react to air and bacteria.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence...This is one weird product but I kinda like it for the summer.
I also got mine at the Q when I bought my Mia2.
This is one *weird* product. Supposedly it's a multi-tasker. It's supposed to moisturize, resurface any fine lines, and act as a primer. That's all well and good but it seems weird to me.lol
I mistakenly used it before primer and made a mess of my face with balls of primer kinda falling off everywhere....it was really gross. But when I realized it had primer *built in* I was like, Oh ok... lol
It seems a bit drying to me, like it would be good for acne skin or during the humid summer months. But my skin is dry, so I tried using a light moisturizer before this...Wound up a semi-slimy mess by afternoon with my makeup kinda sliding down my face. Not kool :(
But now that it's super-hot here and humid, I'm using it straight under my bb cream. Voila!! Works like a charm!!! Super smooth skin, even toned and very very nice!! It does work for fine lines like even under the eyes, so that's a plus.
It says to use morning and night, but I can't think of putting a primer on my face at night along with my usual night products...seems weird to me.
I think this is one confused product --it doesn't know if it's a primer or a moisturizer or a line eraser--and it doesn't really excel at any of them enough to justify the price. I'll give it points because in the summer it's a good moisturizer/primer in one so you can skip a step in the morning...But seriously the price is way out there! If I hadn't gotten this big sample I would never have tried it. It seems too that this stuff ought to last a really long time because you don't need very much to cover your whole face.
All in all, I like it for summer-time use, but I would never wear this in the winter and I sure wouldn't pay retail for a full-size jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Kindlecandle7

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To be honest, I was afraid to use this product after reading the ingredient disclosure. My disclaimer: I make most of my own products and/or buy the organic brands, so any product with a long list of unpronounceable ingredients tends to scare me off. I saw silicone (dimethicone) as the first ingredient and told myself, 'no thank you.' Received it as part of a package when I recently bought the Mia II from QVC. I have really pretty skin, mostly because I have a sun allergy so I have to avoid the sun and ergo little to no sun damage. I'm not taking chances by using a lot of chemicals. Oh, well, at least I didn't really pay extra for it, now just have to safely dispose of it. Glad it might work for some of you, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by bmichlig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Please see my review on the Gel/Cream as part of the 4 piece half-sized kit, including the Resurfacing Serum, the Eye Treatment, and the Retexturizing Exfoliant. Great, effective products that deliver results without irritation, flaking, peeling, etc. The whole quartet seems to play well with other products including the Strivectin and RetinA I use on alternate nights. Great find for "aging" skin - or any skin with pigmentation, texture, or dehydration issues.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by msamie54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being in my upper 50's and continuously being in search of the miracle products, I thought I'd give this a try. It came in a kit with a cleanser and Laser Free Serum. Been using it for a month. I like the gel as it does melt into my skin and does make my skin feel fairly silky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is a thick, heavy, viscous pink gel in a jar that feels like a cross between a very heavy makeup primer and hair styling wax. It sits on the surface of the skin, and feels like a heavy, occluding layer. The surface looks matte, but the feel is very slippery. I could feel my pores clogging on contact. It did nothing for me. I have mature skin.