December 20, 2014 | 1695 users online

Styling Products - Original Moxie Lux Locks Styling & Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Rida

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great for curly hair. I have thick 3c hair and its not as full as it used to be so I decided to stop straightening and wear my curls. This has been the first product that gives my curls great moisture and shine. And despite the glycerin, even in the cold weather. My hair was super soft and bouncy. This paired with hair bling is great! Just seal your wet hair first then follow up with this. You do have to figure out how much to use for your hair type and thickness but I love this stuff. So glad I splurged!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

My hair is curly, thick, unprocessed and never tangles but has been dry of late. I purchased a sample size of OM's Lux Locks as part of their choose 4 for $15 sample quad set. This is a natural brand that runs pricey so this is a great deal with a lot of options and the cutest jars on earth! The samples have hammered tin(ish) tops, the product is easy to remove and the labeling is bright and pretty. Also the CS is phenom!

I was looking for a leave-in to seal moisture AND sustain my hair's natural softness for longer periods. This product has a very high concentration of vegetable glycerin, which I usually avoid but I'm in a humid area. I used this on freshly-washed and also 'dirty' hair.

PROS: whipped texture; very easy to spread; post-wash gave amazingly buttery-soft curls; great shine; non-greasy; no product residue to the touch at all; kept my hair moisturized hours longer than other brands; worked well as a leave-in; a quick water spritz re-invigorated the super-softness each morning; no build-up; ingredients didn't irritate my skin; a little goes a long way.

CONS: smelled like Noxzema (1980s version, ugh!); the .5oz sample is $5, the 6oz is $18, the 12oz is $34; my usual tangle-free, soft curls became an impossibly tangled nightmare! I'm guessing the high glycerin caused this mushy, stringy, rough and hopelessly intertwined tangle frenzy.

I wanted to like this product and used it 4 or 5 times but the insane tangles were enough to call it quits. The smell is terribly medicated but I initially liked the positives enough to overlook it. The spiderwebby tangles were something I'd never like to revisit. I like other products from this line but Lux Locks is not for me.