Original Moxie Lux Locks Styling & Shine

3.3

Aqua (Water), Vegetable Glycerin***, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Preserved With Potassium Sorbate*** & Citric Acid***, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Virgin Olea Europaea* (Olive) Oil Infused With Ascophyllum nodosum* (Kelp), Azadirachta indica* (Neem), Emblica officinalis (Indian Gooseberry), Equisetum arvense* (Horsetail), Symphytum officinale* (Comfrey) Root, Urtica dioica* (Nettle), & Yucca glauca**(Yucca) Root, Virgin Butyrospermum Parkii* (Shea) Nut Butter, Virola sebifera Nut Oil (Ucuuba Butter), Hydrogenated Glycine Soja (Soy) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soy) Wax, Caprylic-Capric TG (Fractionated Coconut Oil and/or Palm Kernel Oil), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid , Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Tocopherol*** (Vitamin E), Cera Flava (Beeswax), Essential Oils of Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang), Vanilla planifolia (Vanilla), Aniba Roseodoro var. Amazonica (Rosewood), Rosa damascene (Rose), Syzygium aromaticum L. (Clove Bud), & Piper nigrum (Black Pepper). *Certified Organic ** Wildharvested *** Natural Source

on 1/16/2015 8:51:00 AM

great

on 3/8/2013 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is great for curly hair. I have thick 3c hair and its not as full as it used to be so I decided to stop straightening and wear my curls. This has been the first product that gives my curls great moisture and shine. And despite the glycerin, even in the cold weather. My hair was super soft and bouncy. This paired with hair bling is great! Just seal your wet hair first then follow up with this. You do have to figure out how much to use for your hair type and thickness but I love this stuff. So glad I splurged!

on 12/5/2012 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My hair is curly, thick, unprocessed and never tangles but has been dry of late. I purchased a sample size of OM's Lux Locks as part of their choose 4 for $15 sample quad set. This is a natural brand that runs pricey so this is a great deal with a lot of options and the cutest jars on earth! The samples have hammered tin(ish) tops, the product is easy to remove and the labeling is bright and pretty. Also the CS is phenom!

I was looking for a leave-in to seal moisture AND sustain my hair's natural softness for longer periods. This product has a very high concentration of vegetable glycerin, which I usually avoid but I'm in a humid area. I used this on freshly-washed and also 'dirty' hair.

PROS: whipped texture; very easy to spread; post-wash gave amazingly buttery-soft curls; great shine; non-greasy; no product residue to the touch at all; kept my hair moisturized hours longer than other brands; worked well as a leave-in; a quick water spritz re-invigorated the super-softness each morning; no build-up; ingredients didn't irritate my skin; a little goes a long way.

CONS: smelled like Noxzema (1980s version, ugh!); the .5oz sample is $5, the 6oz is $18, the 12oz is $34; my usual tangle-free, soft curls became an impossibly tangled nightmare! I'm guessing the high glycerin caused this mushy, stringy, rough and hopelessly intertwined tangle frenzy.

I wanted to like this product and used it 4 or 5 times but the insane tangles were enough to call it quits. The smell is terribly medicated but I initially liked the positives enough to overlook it. The spiderwebby tangles were something I'd never like to revisit. I like other products from this line but Lux Locks is not for me.