Bare Escentuals Stroke of LIght

3.8

on 4/13/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I cannot rave about this enough. If you have dark circles and really thin skin under your eyes, this reduces the appearance of them and makes them 80% less noticable. If you enjoy makeup that looks natural and like you're not wearing anything, this is the one. I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything under my eyes either, and my eyes are highly allergic and have yet to react to this. I applied about a quarter sized amount and patted it in with my ring finger and people have told me I look more awake and less tired. I couldn't live if they ever discontinued this. This is the MOST NATURAL looking under eye concealer ever, and I understand it's a brightener but it has concealed my circles for me, too.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I've been looking for something luminous to top concealer off with. Years ago, I've owned the very popular YSL and Dior pens. A year ago, I tried the L'Oreal pen and Maybelline Age Rewind bingo marker concealer in neutralizer but found them to be pretty useless. Something sparked my interest lately to re-explore these highlighter pens. I first began my search with BE Stroke of Light due to the affordable cost ($22) and it appeared to be very promising. Well, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. This comes in a slim tube with a long applicator stick and a very soft doe foot tip. I love the packaging! I like the long applicator because it allows for a nice comfortable precision application. It is slim and streamline able to fit anywhere. The doe foot tip is so soft which makes it a pleasure to use. This is where the love ends.

The Shades: This comes in four shades. Luminous 1 (Pink toned for porcelain/ fair skin), Luminous 2 (Yellow toned for fair-medium skin), Luminous 3 (Peach toned for medium skin) and Luminous 4 (Apricot toned for deep skin).

The Dirty: I swatched all the shades and since I'm using this for a brightening effect and not as a primary concealer, I thought Luminous 2 would be ideal. It does have a brightening effect for sure however it is so tacky and cheap. This contains a crap ton of glitter in it. It looks so unnatural under the eyes and gives that awful reverse raccoon effect. This also doesn't have any coverage if you wanted to use this as your primary concealer. Plus, because this is nothing but a disco glitter funky thing, it won't work on blemishes or any other area of the face. This just reminds me of child's play makeup. No a fan.

on 3/26/2015 1:42:00 PM

Good for
Brightening and covering discoloration at the same time
Using Under the eye area
Not creasing
Highlighting any part of your face

Bad
To use as coverage for any other part of the face except your eyes
Very sheer - doesnt cover up heavy dark circles (or any other discoloration) completely

Note: has a lot of reflecting pigments which is nice to highlight any part of your face but can also bring attention to the imperfections you might be trying to cover up.
I give the product a 4 because it does what it promises to do, which is to lighten and brighten the undereye area

on 3/23/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I originally got this product as a sample and have repurchased the fullsize product twice. I use one swipe under each eye, blended out with a small stippling brush, overtop of my normal foundation and it definitely helps to balance out the darker pigmentation I have there and it makes me look AWAKE! It doesn't settle into lines and crevices like other concealers do, and it lasts all day. I will keep buying this stuff until they stop making it.

on 3/12/2015 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm going to start by stating that my skin tone is about NC20 with olive undertones. My under eye area isn't horrific but it has issues.

I have darkness and tear troughs that a lot of HG (for most people) concealers and correctors don't work for me (all Benefit under eye products, Bobbi Brown corrector, Pixi correction concentrate, and skinfood Dark circle corrector to name a few).

I use my MAC Studio Finish concealer to cover the darkness and then go in with this. My under eye area looks fake it's so good. Ymmv with what you like. I've had no issues with cakiness (which is usually a huge pain for me), it didn't disappear at the end of the day or slide off, and it didn't fall into every fine line I didn't know I had (ahem NARS creamy concealer).

on 1/23/2015 4:45:00 PM

This is too sparkly, doesn't really conceal anything and lasts only 3-4 hours, except for the sparkles. It doesn't crease under my eyes, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

on 12/29/2014 3:15:00 AM

LOVE this product! I have very sensitive skin, and quite dry dark circles under my eyes, this stuff is amazing! I use luminous 2. It isn't the most full coverage and doesn't eliminate the dark circles completely but this is the only product ever to not make my skin looks a thousand times dryer and that I'm not allergic too. I apply this with my finger then blend it in with a beauty blender, works wonders. It is also pretty cheap compared to a lot of makeup out there in Australia.

on 8/31/2014 5:18:00 PM

I initially purchased this for dark circles, but it works just as well for blemishes. It has great staying power. I tried the fuller coverage concealer and found it to be cakey. This is just right, and the shade Luminous 2 goes well with the mineral foundation in Fairly Light.

on 8/1/2014 8:10:00 PM

This is my first Bare Escentuals product, and I am truly amazed. The formula is just right: not too thick or runny. The consistency and pigmentation is great as well.

However, I would suggest that you try to find a cheaper price on Amazon or Ebay, because some people do consider $22 dollars for concealer as pretty expensive.

on 7/3/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love most BE products, but this has done nothing for me. It doesn't conceal or highlight very well at all, and is pretty expensive. I have much less expensive concealers that do a better job. I have serious dark under eye circles and some mild acne scarring. This didn't cover either. If you have very light under eye circles, this might be ok. Didn't work for me.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products