Bare Escentuals Stroke of LIght

3.8

on 1/23/2015 4:45:00 PM

This is too sparkly, doesn't really conceal anything and lasts only 3-4 hours, except for the sparkles. It doesn't crease under my eyes, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

on 12/29/2014 3:15:00 AM

LOVE this product! I have very sensitive skin, and quite dry dark circles under my eyes, this stuff is amazing! I use luminous 2. It isn't the most full coverage and doesn't eliminate the dark circles completely but this is the only product ever to not make my skin looks a thousand times dryer and that I'm not allergic too. I apply this with my finger then blend it in with a beauty blender, works wonders. It is also pretty cheap compared to a lot of makeup out there in Australia.

on 8/31/2014 5:18:00 PM

I initially purchased this for dark circles, but it works just as well for blemishes. It has great staying power. I tried the fuller coverage concealer and found it to be cakey. This is just right, and the shade Luminous 2 goes well with the mineral foundation in Fairly Light.

on 8/1/2014 8:10:00 PM

This is my first Bare Escentuals product, and I am truly amazed. The formula is just right: not too thick or runny. The consistency and pigmentation is great as well.

However, I would suggest that you try to find a cheaper price on Amazon or Ebay, because some people do consider $22 dollars for concealer as pretty expensive.

on 7/3/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love most BE products, but this has done nothing for me. It doesn't conceal or highlight very well at all, and is pretty expensive. I have much less expensive concealers that do a better job. I have serious dark under eye circles and some mild acne scarring. This didn't cover either. If you have very light under eye circles, this might be ok. Didn't work for me.

on 2/19/2014 6:47:00 PM

My first concealer which unfortunately did not work for me. Not only did it fail to lighten my undereye circles, it was cakey and left quite noticeable sparkle particles.
It is also not a cheap product.
Packaging is average, but doe-applicators are not really my thing.
Will not purchase again.

on 2/15/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't understand all of the good reviews. I received a sample of this and it's so sheer, it doesn't do anything. No highlighting, no concealing. Seriously.... It was like I was putting water on. Thankfully, I only had the sample size.

on 1/21/2014 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

hmmm.. so let me start this review by saying that I own this product in the wrong shade. that is part of the reason I don't like it, but not completely. I have it in luminous 1, which is a light pink color. it is VERY pink, which is ok for using under my eyes even though I have yellow undertones. My main issue with this product is that is does not cover anything, it creases like crazy, and it doesn't last for more than a couple of hours.

I would probably purchase it in luminous 2 (light yellow) for highlighting the rest of my face. I don't have fine lines anywhere but under my eyes, and the sheerness and slight shimmer would be nice for facial highlighting.

But if your looking for an under eye concealer, this isn't it, unless you're one of those people with a smooth under eye area with no dark spots.

EDIT: I've since bought luminous 2, and it is GREAT for highlighting/light concealing. This is great for me because I use a heavy duty concealer under my eyes and I use this one on the rest of my face which just needs a bit of concealing/highlight.

on 1/13/2014 1:12:00 AM

This product burnt the skin around my eyes. I don't know how or why as it seems that no-one else has experienced this but at the end of two days of use (just during the day) the skin under my left eye and between my nose and right eye was raised, sore and red. The skin on my right eye still hasn't healed and looks rough, and older. Not impressed.

on 1/12/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

It doesn't really do much of anything. I got a sample of this product with a Sephora purchase and it's pretty much just skin colored liquid that doesn't really brighten anything or cover anything up efficiently. Not to mention, if you are very fair, the color spectrum for this product has like zero range for pale people, so it's not really a 'stroke of light' but a 'stroke of slightly-tanner-than-me skin color.'

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products