September 18, 2014 | 1867 users online

Lip Gloss - Bobbi Brown - Uber Suede

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I am skeptical of lip gloss that contains anything remotely like glitter - I don't necessarily find it flattering on women beyond their teens and early twenties - but this formula and color range has changed my mind. This product is exactly what it's described as: it's a shimmer gloss, and a sophisticated one at that. Uber suede is a warm, medium brown shot through with extra fine particles of pink and gold shimmer. It works very well against my olive (NC 35+) complexion and pigmented lips, although unfortunately I am not sure if it would be quite as appealing on to those with cooler skin tones. No one does brown or neutral shades quite like Bobbi Brown (with the exception of Burberry). This is shimmer that's definitely work appropriate, unless your job environment has an extremely conservative dress code.

The color pay-off for this shade is better that with the lighter colors in BB's high shimmer gloss range, and I notice a slight mint taste to the gloss, which I don't find bothersome (it's not a obviously synthetic taste). In fact, it can be worn alone, over a neutral liner, or lipstick and is flattering all three ways. Another benefit is the change in the application wand: now BB lip glosses come with a doe foot applicator as opposed to a brush, which is a welcome improvement. Overall, I do recommend this product and would repurchase, as it is unique and of high quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its described as a mid-tone golden beige. Itís actually a medium-dark brown with pink and gold shimmer. I found it very unflattering on my skin tone, it was way too dark. I will not repurchase.