Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Can be very clumpy. Also significant flaking by the end of the day. Odd that I can find drugstore mascaras that work beautifully (such as Cover Girl Super Sized) but the expensive "premium" brands are crap. Ah, well, c'est la vie. And good for my wallet.

When my beloved waterproof Chanel inimitable intense was discontinued, that left me in a frenzy to look for a replacement. This mascara was recommended for me to try. The packaging is nice and sleek, pretty elegant. I love simplicity. I should mention waterproof formulas are crucial to me as I have stick-straight eyelashes and waterproof formulas hold the curl. Every mascara I purchase absolutely MUST be waterproof. So, I was excited that this mascara came in WP.

This mascara delivered awesome volume. My lashes looked thick, black, without clumping together. I really liked the way it applied! I was so excited. Then sadly, after a few minutes... I noticed my lashes started to droop.

Seems like even the waterproof formula may be too heavy for those like me with straight lashes. I tried it a couple more times after that and the same thing happened, my lashes began to drop and lost their curl. I was so disappointed as I had high expectations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I stopped by a Chanel counter recently and came home with this mascara in a wonderful midnight blue called Blue Night, color 70. I used to love Inimitable in Prune, a subtle plum, but that was discontinued, and this pretty navy was only available in Le Volume. I was a little wary, since I had tried a sample size waterproof Le Volume in black, and found it to be really heavy on my lashes and a nightmare to remove. I did love the length it gave my lashes, so when the Chanel rep assured me I'd like the regular version better, I took a chance and was happy to discover she was right! The length and lift I get with this formula just amazes me--whose lashes are these? It's a pretty wet formula, so I just need a light hand, a single coat, and a spoolie for comb-through. The lash separation is not stellar, but thankfully the removal is fine. Funny it's called Le Volume--it should be called Le Length. Big shout-out to Blue Night--what a gorgeous color! I'd describe it as a sooty navy, in that it is dark enough to look neutral, not like a "color", but there is definitely enough blue in it to enhance the whites of the eyes. It has a lovely inky effect that is softer than black and an interesting change from my usual brown.

Great mascara! After one or two applications my lashes are nicely separated, coated with beautiful black (nr. 90!) and more voluminous. A keeper!

This is the greatest mascara ever!!! I love a good mascara, and Le Volume De Chanel is amazing. While I do have naturally long eyelashes, this mascara makes them extremely long. My mom sampled this mascara and within minutes of wearing it, she bought a tube for herself. I was using Too Faced "Better Than Sex" mascara, but found that it flaked off into my eyes, causing HORRIBLE irritation in my sensitive eyes. Chanel Le Volume De Chanel does not irritate my eyes at all. One tip that I recommend while using this particular mascara is to curl lashes pre-application to create maximum volume and length.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This mascara is in my opinion the best one out there on the current market. I've tried so many mascaras but this is the only one that gives me length, volume, seperation & curl (it stays that way for the entire day). What I also particulary love is the fact that it doesnt flake whatsoever. This product is very pricy, but in my opinion its worth it. Its quite frequently on sale so I try to get it then.
(THIS IS IMPORTANT) if you do get this product and you're going for a black one, I would highly recommend getting the regular version and not the newly released "intense black". That one sure is intense, but it smudges all over your eyebrow bone and eyelids, which is just a pain to keep track off.

LOVE this mascara. My two drawbacks are 1) the price and 2) it is very wet upon initial application (it can show up easily on my brow bone, but that's probably because of how my eyes are set in my face). I had been a longtime user of Benefit's "They're Real" but felt like I wasn't getting the volume I wanted. Switched over to this mascara and I definitely feel like I have huge lashes in comparison to how they looked before.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This can be a bit tricky to learn to apply, it can look a little clumpy if done incorrectly. That made me think I didn't like it to start with.

However, once you get the hang of it, and figure out how easy you should be on the hand, the results are unbelievable. It looks great even on my short stumpy lashes. It has not smeared once on me, and it didn't dry noticeable during the 6 months I used it.

I think this is a good one for people who like full long lashes, and don't have too thick or long lashes already. It can hold a curve, but requires that you curl your lashes first.

The price is a bit steep for the mascara, and I was thinking a bit back and forth on whether I would repurchase it. But at the end of the day I think it is good enough for me to purchase this a second time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Beautiful well defined lashes with lots of body and no clumps, in a perfect black. The only downside the price, so I try to reserve it for the evening or special days. So far my favourite mascara among hundreds all women must go through in their life.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Gives me gigantic lashes, but loses a lippie for slight smudging (and for the ridiculous price). To be fair, all mascaras smudge on me apart from Max Factor ones, and even MF does sometimes - my lashes are long and curl up so they touch the skin under my eyes and eyebrows, so mascara transfers easily. But for the price, I would hope the Chanel wouldn't smudge, so I won't be buying it again. It really does give you huge, thick lashes and doesn't clump or flake, so it's worth a try if you don't usually have problems with smudging. It's very wet when you first buy it and performs much better a week or so after having been opened and dried out a little.

Popular Mascaras