December 19, 2014 | 1576 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jesalyne24

I'm on my fourth tube of this mascara. I've never bought a fourth (duplicate) of any cosmetic product before. This is the product I always come back to. I recently tried the new It-Lash by Dior and in no way did it compare to holding a curl and creating volume to Chanel...so I'm back again.
This mascara does it all: creates length and volume, can hold a curl all day, doesn't smudge/flake (once dry) and is a great lash defining shade of black. My only complaint is that it can be a little 'wet' upon the first few applications and sometimes that can lead to smudging under the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes can touch my skin as the mascara takes a little bit longer to dry during this time. This isn't a big deal to me b/c I just make sure to wipe down my want thoroughly the first few application times and fan my lashes a few times to help speed up the drying process.
The price of this product is pretty steep - over $30 usd, but to me, it's worth it. Mascara is my favourite product and the one thing I'll wear w/every look, including a 'no make up look'. The packaging might explain the price a bit, too. It's a sleek, black tube w/the Chanel 'C' logo on the top on the cap. When you close the product, you feel a 'snap', indicating the tube is securely closed. At first I thought it was a bit 'gimmicky', but I noticed the longevity of these mascaras seem to exceed the standard '3 month' rule - about 6 months or so of daily usage. It doesn't even need a refresher by running it under warm water to revive the product.
It does take a little bit of effort to take this product off. I generally do it by first rinsing my eyes with warm water to sort of 'melt' the product off, then washing thoroughly w/my face wash (which gently removes make up product). I finally finish with using a make up remover that you don't have to rinse off (I switch between Chanel Bi-Phase and Clinique Take Off the Day) to remove any make up residue. I notice (and really like) that this mascara really clings to my lashes and get best removal results by using warm water to remove first. It helps to break down the product better than by soaking a cotton pad in eye make up remover and holding for 30 seconds or so. Also, doing so daily would irritate my sensitive eyes.
All in all, I highly recommend this product - it does everything I want a mascara to do. I know it's pricey, but if you break it down, you're spending pennies a day and you can always try to purchase it at a store where they have a generous return policy so you can at least take it for a test run.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Believe the hype! I held off from buying this forever; I thought it would be yet another overpriced mascara with a wet, clumpy formula. I finally caved today and it is nothing short of amazing. This is the first mascara I've EVER used (I've tried almost every one) that truly requires only one or two coats (one for a gorgeous fan of flirty lashes; two for a dramatic, lush fake lash look). I was previously using Maybelline's waterproof Pumped Up! Colossal mascara and using my same old application technique: alternating from wiggling the mascara wand at the base of my lashes for volume, then swiping from root to tip for length, then repeating several times. I have done this again and again with different mascaras, and thought that was just the way you had to apply mascara to get a voluminous, lush effect. NOT the case with Le Volume- you just comb a coat on and you're done! Thirty dollars is a lot for a mascara, but this is the only one I've ever found that you don't have to "work" with or apply a certain way. It also doesn't flake or smudge (a problem I always have, which is why I have only used waterproof formulas 99% of the time). I hope they never discontinue or change this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by MissLulu1

This is the best mascara I have ever used, yes it's expensive but I no longer need to use false eyelashes for a night out! This mascara along with using ardell which helps your lashes grow long my lashes look fuller, longer which out clumping. I had a sample size but will be buying a full size mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kukundrela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Malthawadi

This mascara is by far the best Mascara I found ever!!! my lashes are already very long, but not as thick, so this is a great mascara if your looking for volume!

When I got out and use this mascara, my lashes look so thick and almost fake! (love the fake
lashes look - but might be too much for people who don't like the fake lashes look)

I always restock when I finish it! been through 4 already!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LalaNlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

simply amazing! One of the best mascaras I've ever used and I tried everything out there! This Mascara gives me Volume and separate my lashes very good.Love Love Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I honestly thought this was going to be just another expensive and overrated mascara by a high-end brand. But I was so wrong. This is actually probably the best mascara I have used so far in my life. Does not smudge. Lasts for 18 hours without any flaking or loss of volume. Stayed put even when I cried(this is not a waterproof formula). It's a matte finish, no shine. Two coats is all you need.

But the thing is... I can see how this would not work for those who prefer a natural look. Because this mascara will give you a true false lash effect. Ton of volume and length. I see how it can be a bit too much for some people.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too thick and clumpy. I'll stick to Iniranle

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so, I committed a beauty sin with this mascara. I bought it, used it once, didn't like the results and shoved it in a drawer. Truly a crime when you're talking Chanel! But I moved recently and in the process unearthed this guy (it had only been about two months), and decided to give it another shot. My initial complaint about this mascara was that it didn't really coat every lash- the thick brush and wet formula didn't allow me to reach the inner corners and bottom lashes effectively, and the densely packed bristles tend to clump the lashes after one coat. So, in the spirit of second chances, I decided Le Volume might benefit from some layering. I curled my lashes, applied two coats of Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base, one coat of this, and one coat of Lancome Definicils to separate and get those finicky little lashes. And BAM, it was like I had falsies on! And this mascara was definitely the workhorse, as I really just used Definicils to grab the lashes it couldn't. For the price I think this should perform a lot better, but I am very pleased with the results my layering got me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra0330

Bought this mascara because of all the great reviews! And I'm so glad i did! By far the best mascara I've ever used! After two coats my lashes look incredible! The only con is the fact that it smudges a bit, but when it comes to volume, definition, lenghth and curl, it is a 10+!