November 24, 2014 | 1740 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2014 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Milena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Believe the hype! I held off from buying this forever; I thought it would be yet another overpriced mascara with a wet, clumpy formula. I finally caved today and it is nothing short of amazing. This is the first mascara I've EVER used (I've tried almost every one) that truly requires only one or two coats (one for a gorgeous fan of flirty lashes; two for a dramatic, lush fake lash look). I was previously using Maybelline's waterproof Pumped Up! Colossal mascara and using my same old application technique: alternating from wiggling the mascara wand at the base of my lashes for volume, then swiping from root to tip for length, then repeating several times. I have done this again and again with different mascaras, and thought that was just the way you had to apply mascara to get a voluminous, lush effect. NOT the case with Le Volume- you just comb a coat on and you're done! Thirty dollars is a lot for a mascara, but this is the only one I've ever found that you don't have to "work" with or apply a certain way. It also doesn't flake or smudge (a problem I always have, which is why I have only used waterproof formulas 99% of the time). I hope they never discontinue or change this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by MissLulu1

This is the best mascara I have ever used, yes it's expensive but I no longer need to use false eyelashes for a night out! This mascara along with using ardell which helps your lashes grow long my lashes look fuller, longer which out clumping. I had a sample size but will be buying a full size mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kukundrela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Malthawadi

This mascara is by far the best Mascara I found ever!!! my lashes are already very long, but not as thick, so this is a great mascara if your looking for volume!

When I got out and use this mascara, my lashes look so thick and almost fake! (love the fake
lashes look - but might be too much for people who don't like the fake lashes look)

I always restock when I finish it! been through 4 already!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LalaNlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

simply amazing! One of the best mascaras I've ever used and I tried everything out there! This Mascara gives me Volume and separate my lashes very good.Love Love Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I honestly thought this was going to be just another expensive and overrated mascara by a high-end brand. But I was so wrong. This is actually probably the best mascara I have used so far in my life. Does not smudge. Lasts for 18 hours without any flaking or loss of volume. Stayed put even when I cried(this is not a waterproof formula). It's a matte finish, no shine. Two coats is all you need.

But the thing is... I can see how this would not work for those who prefer a natural look. Because this mascara will give you a true false lash effect. Ton of volume and length. I see how it can be a bit too much for some people.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too thick and clumpy. I'll stick to Iniranle

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so, I committed a beauty sin with this mascara. I bought it, used it once, didn't like the results and shoved it in a drawer. Truly a crime when you're talking Chanel! But I moved recently and in the process unearthed this guy (it had only been about two months), and decided to give it another shot. My initial complaint about this mascara was that it didn't really coat every lash- the thick brush and wet formula didn't allow me to reach the inner corners and bottom lashes effectively, and the densely packed bristles tend to clump the lashes after one coat. So, in the spirit of second chances, I decided Le Volume might benefit from some layering. I curled my lashes, applied two coats of Shiseido Nourishing Mascara Base, one coat of this, and one coat of Lancome Definicils to separate and get those finicky little lashes. And BAM, it was like I had falsies on! And this mascara was definitely the workhorse, as I really just used Definicils to grab the lashes it couldn't. For the price I think this should perform a lot better, but I am very pleased with the results my layering got me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra0330

Bought this mascara because of all the great reviews! And I'm so glad i did! By far the best mascara I've ever used! After two coats my lashes look incredible! The only con is the fact that it smudges a bit, but when it comes to volume, definition, lenghth and curl, it is a 10+!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

It builds up my poor short lashes to quite a nice "you have great lashes" result. You have it all - volume, color, length. What else would you want from a HE mascara? I would prefer it not to flake but it does. On me, that is. So I am not going to re-purchase and will go back to my beloved Dior extase.