Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.3

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

on 6/27/2015 12:43:00 PM

Love this mascara, really works for me!

on 6/26/2015 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Damn I didn't want to fall in love with this but I totally did. Packaging is classic Chanel; it is black with the white c's and has a basic shape. The brush itself looks rather large but surprisingly I had had an easier time manoeuvring it throughout my lashes compared to other mascaras with a large brush. This may be due to the bristles, which are quite small and not bushy. They are also plastic/elastic?

This dispenses a good amount of product onto my lashes and covers them evenly. The brush is good in that it doesn't grip onto my lashes with rough bristles and pull them out. Yes,this is something that has happened to me before with other mascaras.

The colour is a nice, rich black and the volume.. Oh the volume! Most volumising mascara I have tried to date. There is a slight degree of clumpiness, which I think accompanies voluminous mascaras, but it never looks dry, spidery or like I only have three lashes. Mind you, if you just went for it like crazy this may still happen! I also find that it isn't too dry or too wet, being wet enough to glide on but not so wet as to take ages to dry. What makes this a nice surprise is that this also lengthens really well in addition to adding volume and also helps curl my lashes. It won't replace an eyelash curler but I have gotten lazy and stopped using them. I find this gives a nice lift and adds some curl, which I have not experienced before ever. I didn't take the curl claim seriously until I tried. However, due to the formula I feel that if you have easily weighed down lashes, pre curled lashes might droop a bit after application So this is my most dramatic mascara and the closest to creating a 'falsies' effect.

Now, I do have a problem with mascaras smudging due to having oily eyelids. As long as I wear a mattifying shadow primer and wipe away any messy mascara application on my lower eyelid, then I'm fine. If I don't do this I will get a bit of smudge on my lower lid, but it surprisingly does not create a panda effect. But I have yet to try this in a hot, humid environment. Lucky for me I live in a super dry climate.. I also haven't had it smudge when rubbing my eyes or having them water.

Completely addicted to this product and would definitely repurchase. A bit bummed that I have fallen in love with another Chanel product but I feel this is worth it. Also, not going to lie, who doesn't love displaying these on their dresser, makeup cabinet etc.?!

I am trying to think of cons.. The price... And the wand may be too large and awkward for some eye shapes.

on 6/24/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Actually nothing special for me. Although one of my friends raves about it) for me L'oreal telescopic is a waay better.

on 6/11/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this mascara!

I am on my second tube now (my first tube was in the colour 30 Prune) now I have the black one - and I have to say it delivers in all aspects.
It is pretty wet at first so allow to dry for a few seconds. It layers beautifully and I agree with previous reviews, it gets better after a couple of weeks of use - it gets a bit thicker in the tube and makes for a more dramatic effect.
It is not only volumizing but also lengthening and if applied with a light hand, good enough for daily/office use. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge.
Applied over a coat of Lancome's Cils Booster it gives a false lash effect, but in a good way. So good that I was once I asked if I have lash extensions.

The packaging is phenomenal as well.

Will definitely repurchase!

on 5/31/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Awful brush - I saw this on You Tube and it looked amazing on the makeup artist. I purchased a mini off eBay for $7. The mascara formula is very wet and was gooped up all over the brush. I did like the intense blackness but the applicator is awful. I don't like plastic brushes so this started off bad for me - this "snowflake" brush did nothing. The formula does lengthen and thicken BUT for $30 a tube it really should do more. I definitely wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/20/2015 12:06:00 AM

This is mascara is amazing!!!! I received a sample of this at the Chanel counter in Nordstrom. I hate using little travel size mascaras but I gotta say I was so impressed with this travel size Chanel mascara!!! It gives my lashes so much length & thickness and also holds a very good curl. I only need 1 coat to make my lashes go vavavoom but I prefer to add more drama and go with a second coat!! I loved this so much I went out to get a full size. It is a very intense black shade similar to the Mac zoom fast black lash. This Chanel mascara beat my Dior show by a mile!!! This will be my forever go to mascar!!! Also it has no flakes/ fallout even after over 10 hours of wear!!! Amazing for how much drama it gives to the eyelashes!! Definetely recommend and worth the $35!!

on 5/13/2015 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the ABSOLUTE BEST MASCARA on the market!!!! Everything from the way it applies, separates lashes, VOLUMIZES, and curls lashes, to the glorious longevity with ZERO flakey fallout or smearing!!! I have searched far and wide for a mascara with only half of these qualities and always would find something to complain about! With this mascara, I don't have to compromise in ANY area!!! The brush is wonderful and delivers this amazing product without clumping. It's easy to build a more dramatic look (if desired) with still, NO CLUMPING!!! And the packaging is just GORGEOUS!!! This mascara is a win on every level!!!! Go buy it right now!!!!!! =D

on 5/5/2015 10:40:00 AM

When it comes to mascaras, I feel like a legless person in a triathlon. There is not much to be done about my really short and straight lashes. This Chanel one is rather good, though, and one of very few I have repurchased. Every one that tries it likes it. Great curve (for a water soluble one), thickness and it builds fine. Nothing can replace eyelash extensions or falsies if you are sparse in the lash department, but this is definitively one of the best mascaras out there and I have nothing bad to say about it really.

on 3/23/2015 1:56:00 PM

My first time using Chanel mascara and I will never use anything else. This mascara is PHENOMENAL. I have medium length, straight asian lashes that usually fall flat right after I apply mascara, even if I spend 5 minutes curling them. After using this mascara everyone has been telling me my eyes look bigger and people I videochat with ask me why I'm wearing false lashes. What I do is curl my lashes, add two coats of this mascara, let it dry then gently curl my lashes again. This mascara applies super smoothly and HOLDS A CURL! The only thing is it is a bit wet and dries slowly so be careful not to blink when applying or you will get it on your eyelids. I'd say definitely worth the $32 price tag. Absolute holy grail product.

on 3/4/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This Is the best mascara out there :) I have tried many, but nothing like this one. My absolute favorite!