January 31, 2015 | 1611 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ladyc74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't know why I'd never tried this mascara before. It's really great if you're after dramatic volume and depth of colour. Not for you if you like a more natural look or hate clumps - it is a little bit clumpy but I like that. Fantastic mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2015 5:32:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, Le Volume De Chanel is the only mascara which gives my thin short !straight! lashes the 'oomph' or 'wa wa woom' effect. No need for my Shiseido lashes base anymore = hooray!
The mascara holds the curl!Amazing!I need an eyelash curler but maybe I don't need an eyelash curler anymore??? Will try tomorrow. AND with my La Roche-Posay Rosaliac Gelee Micellaire the mascara breaks down easily which is good for my delicate skin around the eye area!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 8:08:00 AM More reviews by laurennc

I really, really, REALLY love this mascara. I bought this about 2 weeks ago, and it already has become one of my favorite things. It is expensive (in my opinion), but totally worth it! It gives really good volume and my eyes don't look like panda eyes at the end of the day. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Kaatdr

i love it! i don't have long eyelashes and they have no volume at all. but with this mascara, i have thick, voluminous lashes. I definitely love it and i will buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Rht

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you left me on a deserted island with only water and one other item I would chose mascara. I love this mascara, it doesn't clump, doesn't flake and it does not dry out. I have been using this mascara since it came out, and love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really skeptical when I tried this mascara for the first time. It's very clumpy and wet brand new. If you wait a few weeks for it to dry out some, the formula is great. I don't have naturally long or thick lashes but when I wear this mascara, it looks like I'm wearing false lashes. The only issue I have with it, is it transfers to my crease area after a few hours so I'm constantly checking in the mirror, wiping away black smudge marks. For that reason, I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2015 4:20:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the best mascara I have ever used and given my age, I've tried a few :-)

My lashes are long but straight and not that thick. One coat of Le Volume gives me the result that three might do when I use a second-best choice.
More than one coat gives incredible volume - I always go for volume given my type of lashes, but with this mascara it's the first time ever that I think it could be too much for daytime.

It also holds a curl (and gives some by itself), the clumping is occasional and minimal, nothing that a quick stroke with a clean wand won't instantly fix. What more could I ask for?

This is the only HE mascara that I feel is absolutely worth the splurge. Amazing HG material!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:42:00 AM More reviews by franehh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: WOW. Chanel, you've done it again -- this mascara absolutely blew me away. Before this product, I'd pretty much given up on mascaras completely. I have short, unforgiving Asian lashes that can't hold a curl when mascara is applied. I've tried almost every Dior mascara, some other high-end brand products, as well as many drugstore... Nothing's worked; all the products either clumped, smeared, or didn't do much in terms of length or volume. Le Volume, however, totally changed my frustration. I received two small sample tubes after purchasing a different Chanel product, and needless to say it's now a staple in my beauty routine. Just one coat makes all the difference, but it's totally buildable -- you could go for a natural look or something more dramatic I'd assume (if your lashes are longer/thicker than mine). It doesn't clump, it doesn't weigh down my lashes, and it lasts quite a long time without smearing. I wholeheartedly recommend this product ugh I AM SO IN LOVE. The price is definitely steep, but for me it's worth it. I'm convinced this is the only mascara out there for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

The first few uses are awful, when first opened the mascara is very wet. After a couple weeks it becomes a perfect texture.
It's true that there is a lot of excess product on the wand, but that is the point with a volumizing mascara. The trick is don't put the wand back in. I can do 2-3 coats on each eye (without dipping the brush back in the tube) and I still have enough left on the brush for more! Love how it can really curl the lashes upwards. Fantastic length and volume. Only con for me is that it flakes :( Personally I find Jordana best lash extreme more affordable and similarly dramatic. (And it doesn't flake!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The "brush" on this stuff is so horrible, I wouldn't even know if the formula was amazing. It's like applying mascara with a spatula because the brush barely has any bristles and absolutely none at all on the last three or so millimeters (those little end bristles are what gives you that pretty, fanned out look, so without them all you get is blobs of mascara on your outer and inner corners). My lashes are long and naturally curly and the lack of bristle just caked on the mascara with no definition whatsoever. The end result was two giant blobs of eyelash on each eye...not a pretty look. It looks fabulous on my sister and it obviously has some really great reviews, so maybe it's just me.