July 31, 2014 | 1012 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Kami98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect everyday eye shadow palette and I have kept it my everyday makeup bag ever since I bought it.
For me one of the best things is the packaging. It is sleek and compact which is surprising when compared to the unneeded bulk of the other naked palettes. It can easily be fit into a makeup bag making it perfect for traveling which is a priority for me.
There are only 6 shadows making it the smallest of the naked palettes, however all of the shades save venus are completely matte. I prefer working with matte shadows but it is hard to find quality one that are chalky and urban decay delivers. I love all of the shadows however I find faint can be a bit patchy and difficult to work with.
My main complaint with this is price. Compared to other more expensive brands this isn't an expensive palette but I feel that when compared to other naked palettes it seems a bit pricey. At $28 naked basics is just over half the price of the other naked palettes which makes sense given it contains half the shadows. However with the bigger palettes you receive an extra such as a brush or eyeliner making those a better value.
Overall I recommend this palette to anyone who is looking for either a good neutral everyday palette or quality matte shadows. It will not disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love it. I use it every day.

Packaging is sleek and tight and not matte. I use mirror for all my makeup routine as it opens wide all the way (not like hourglass ambient light palette). There's lots of product it it. Use it, close it, forget about it till the next time.

Eyeshadow quality is outstanding: highly pigmented, blends like heaven, applies smoothly and does not fall off of the brush even with the fluffiest brush. Can be applied wet (has the same color intensity as applied dry (!)). You get exaclty the color you see. Staying power is also very good. I have very oily eyelids and it does need a touch up during the day as all eteshadows do, so no miracles here.

Overall I am glad that I bought it. I use it for my eyes as well as for countouring and for my brows all the time. It's my go to palette. If you're looking for high quality product in excellent packaging for a reasonable price take Naked Basics!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry for bringing this palette down but it really was a miss for me. This palette leans more cool than warm. The browns in this palette swatch very gray toned for me. Yes, they do come across brown but it leans more cool than it does warm. If you are into cool toned eyeshadows then this palette is perfect for you gals. But I tend to buy eyeshadows that lean more warm brown/neutrals than anything else. I wish this palette would take out the ugly gray browns and put some warm browns instead. Then OMG this palette would've rocked it for me...but sadly it was a return.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by SarahLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Perfect for travel with enough shades to create multiple different looks for either day or night. Highly pigmented quality eye shadow with neutral colors capable of producing natural looks or a great smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by breatheonbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a staple for me. i use these colors in conjunction with a few others to create an everyday look. perfect for all over lid (wos), crease (the two browns). brows, highlight (venus)... those alone are amazing for me. i use wos, the brown colors, and venus everyday, and then usually do a liquid liner. when i vary my makeup, i do a different color blended into the crease. nice, basic, easy. foolproof for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette has its place and is not a bad thing, it just may not be the best thing, particularly for people of color. I find that I have to put in a little more work with this to pull off these shades, like using a white base/eye primer. It is truly a Naked "basic" palette. If you work a conservative gig or just want to use some really conservative colors, this palette would suit you well. I am a fan of UD across the board but, in hindsight, I could have left this one in the store. I rarely reach for it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm thinking about returning this for a number of reasons. First, it's boring. I figured that would be a good thing and I could use it for travel, but it's just... so... dull. I never know what to do with it so I end up with the same eye look every time I use it. Second, the lightest shade is far too yellow for my skin tone which is extremely frustrating. Third, the colors don't blend well on my lids even after trying multiple primers. Fourth and last, the smell is god-awful. Mine smells of cat pee and it's just disgusting, especially when you're using the mirror that comes in the compact.
This palette is just too expensive for me to justify so I think I'll probably return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by tazz222003

Hello, gorgeous!! I waited to get this for so, so long. I thought; "You have enough neutral eye palettes to last a lifetime, why do you need this??" I also wondered if the shadows would show well on my fair complexion. I took the plunge and have never been more impressed. I've used nothing else since I bought this over 6 months ago (!) and I've discovered so many added bonuses. First off, the size is heavenly! I can throw this in purses, travel kits, clutch bags, you name it! The shades are such fantastic multitaskers: Venus as an all-over face highlighter, Foxy as an under eye concealer setting powder, Faint as a brow powder, Crave as an eyeliner. The formula is so luscious and buttery. It lasts all day, looks chic and can be nude or smokey. My perfect world wish is that I could add a shimmery pink color and a bronze shade. But seriously this little baby is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by blushbeauty18

This palette is the best thing in the world! I have been wanting it for so long and was super excited when I got it and tried out every color. Plus you can totally pair the colors perfectly together!!I do not have any regrets on buying this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

This was one of the first eye shadow pallet I bought when I was getting into eye shadows. I didn't want to get anything too shimmery because I didn't feel I was ready for that, and this purchase was an amazing choice. Even after branching out to different ones this palette is still a favorite of mine.