December 20, 2014 | 1673 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kimclaire23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this palette. I use it almost everyday and usually combine it with shades from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. The shades work beautifully to enhance but not overpower the natural beauty of any eye color. It's a must!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by themelody1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best matte eyeshadow palette I own. Its very compact so it's great for travel and it has all the colors I need for an everyday look. If you want some good matte eyeshadows and don't want to splurge on this sonia kashuke matte eyeshadow palette is amazing as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

I own UD Basics 1 & 2, & Nakeds3; they are all truly awesome!! For the price of USD$29 getting 6 very finely milled beautiful shadows is a bargain!! I am working on getting Nakeds 1 & 2 & Nakeds On The Run, maybe Santa this year or else if not imma def buy them for myself!! I love making smoked out eyes w Basics1, the dark black color is lovely for using over eyeliner to make it extra smokey & all of the shades coordinate together so nicely! The texture is to die for, buttery soft & long lasting, easy to blend. I bought 3 different dupes (2 of which being from Coastal Scents & the other a no name 1 from kmart) & tbh I never use them, the money would have been better spent putting towards another UD palette. Don't get the dupes, they aren't the same. You may be able to get similar looks w the dupes (coz any1 who is really skilled/talented w makeup can make dollar store items look decent!), but to me they just aren't the same. There is just something luxurious & special about Nakeds in general, I am addicted!! I find myself reaching for the UD palettes most often. I am a hard core devotée!! You can do just about anything w them from light eye to smoked all out & looks the best paired w a nude lip color to my eye, but u can also pull off a brick red or something like MAC Brave/Velvet Teddy/Satin Taupe. I've also paired it w Barbie pink for good results, so I think whatever lip color you are most comfortable in u can rock Basics1 with it. Conservative enough for school/office but can be so smoked out for going out to a club/concert/party/soirée. You can dress if up or down as much as u want! I wish they had put a little slot w a brush in there, that's about my only complaint! I love me some UD!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I love this palette for travel because its light-weight, compact and has the basic neutrals for an everyday look and a matte black which I use for liner. The shadows are smooth and very pigmented, similar to the larger naked palettes. I usually apply 'naked2' on the lid, 'faint' in the crease, and 'venus' as an inner corner highlight. My only dislike with the product is that I wish they included a tan, or mid-tone brown colour because 'naked2' and 'w.o.s' look very similar on my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by janeyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to palette for day-to-day eyeshadow. Most days I do not wear eyeliner, but I love this palette. It can work for day or night. The shadows in it are: Venus, described as an "off-white demi-matte (read, slightly pearlescent), Foxy, a light yellow matte, Walk of Shame, a pinky-nude matte, Naked2, a taupe matte, Faint, a brown matte, and Crave, a dark brown/black matte. All of the shadows are very finely milled, and highly pigmented. They swatch smooth and creamy and apply the same way. They make blending a breeze. Of all of the shadows, my favorite is Venus. I use it as a brow and tear duct highlight with almost every eye look I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katekatekaate

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I prefer to do a neutral eye and these shades are absolutely perfect for everyday wear. With the primer potion they will literally last from when I do my makeup at 7 AM until late into the evening. I'm hesitant to purchase one of the full Naked palettes because there are a lot of shades I likely wouldn't wear, but I use all of these regularly. Te only issue I had was that the black chipped a little after a so-called friend knocked this onto the floor and then proceeded to get all over everything I hold dear - the other shades, my contact case, my toothbrush ---- clearly a tragedy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay. I get it now. I had been scratching my head over this palette for quite some time and could not understand all the rave reviews. Now I have it and I understand. This goes on like a dream. Stays for hours and hours. I love that it looks like I am not wearing eye shadow and my eyes just HAPPEN to be fabulous! You can achieve a very natural eye look that is just simply pretty. I'm very happy that my curiosity lured me to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by diagsquirrel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through so many "neutral" makeup palettes in my day... and let me tell you, save yourself the trouble and get one of the Naked Basics. I was hesitant to purchase the full Naked palette because of its price, since I knew I wasn't going to use all of the colors, but I got the Naked Basic right away. There are 6 very wearable, natural colors that work with all skin tones and looks. The shadows themselves are wonderfully textured and pigmented, and blend beautifully. If you're more into the natural eye look than crazy colors, this is the only product you should invest in, because it's worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette is really nice to have because it contains a nice array of nude matte shadows to use for any eye shadow look, one of which happens to pretty much match my skin tone exactly. I'm glad that it includes black, because as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, a good matter black shadow is hard to come by. The only thing about this palette is that sometimes the eye shadows can be a bit on the powdery side, but they still blend with other shadows nicely. I think this is a great staple for anyone who wears eye shadow frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by yazzielee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! when choosing to decide whether to buy this product or a cheaper MUA version or a more expensive two faced version its a no brainer! this product can easily transform your look from daytime to night-time with its neutral and dark shadows. I most commonly use W.O.S on my lid and naked two in my crease with faint in my outer v. i will definatley be purchasing the naked basics palette. you may think its expensive but considering the quality is totally worth it!