September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Conditioner - Living Proof - Restore

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous conditioner. I am using this for a few weeks now and can see a huge improvement in my hair. I have blonde heavily highlighted hair and lately it had been showing a lot of damage and breakage. I decided I needed to take some action in order to make my hair look shiny and healthy again. I am so glad I found this stuff. It's very rich and when I leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing, it leaves my hair smooth and easy to detangle. I generally have horrendously knotted hair after I shampoo and I spend ages trying to get the knots out with a tangle teaser. Now, using the Restore, I have a much easier time.

The only down side is the price. It cost me 29 which is very expensive. However I will repurchase this because it's making such a positive difference to my hair and to my whole washing/combing routine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by sensitiveskingirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have fine dry hair, and very sensitive skin. Conditioners that work usually leave a residue on my skin which leads to bad skin issues. I will sometimes deal with dry hair to avoid this. This leaves my hair perfectly conditioned but without residue, and no break outs! Now I can have both! I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Good, but not $28 good. And it's only an 8oz bottle too.
This conditioner is very heavily scented with that perfume-y Living Proof scent, but it doesn't linger. Very rich and thick texture but only provides okay slip. Decent moisturizing but I've used better.
All in all, I actually like this conditioner but it's not worth it for the price. When I bought this from Ulta I had a generous coupon and I redeemed some of my rewards points, so in the end I ended up paying about half price. I'm glad I got such a great deal because while this is a decent product, it's an overpriced one.
Have to say I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This and the shampoo are the single greatest s + c I have ever found+ used for my hair.
The fact that it doesn't have cones it it really shows that it is actually beneficial for my hair and not just covering up the dryness. My hair is bsl and the ends are prone to split and usually quite dry. The best part is, my hair gets oily quickly and weighed down at the scalp and even if I put the conditioner up to my roots it does not make my hair oily, limp, or blah. It's amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by boribabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first two times I tried this product, I absolutely hated it. I got the trial pack at Sephora and was especially disappointed with the shampoo. My hair has extensive heat and bleach damage and very dull. At that point, the only conditioner that improved my hair's condition was Biolage.

I gave it a few more chances and holy crap, it has totally made a difference. This is hands down the best conditioner I have ever used. After I use this conditioner, my hair is super shiny and soft. It honestly 'restores' your hair without weighing it down. I love the smell, too. The only downside is the outrageous price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by asporkin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm mixed on this product line - I like the Root Lift spray, sort of like the Full Thickening cream. Don't care for this conditioner at all. I've got fine shoulder-length colored hair in decent conditioner. This did nothing except possibly make my hair a little crunchy. I went through the full bottle with several different kinds of shampoo...plus let it airdry as well as with mild product. And the only time my hair felt more brittle is when I used this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by anapp822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely hated this line. I have dark brown, highlighted hair that's mid-way down my back. I blowdry every 2-3 days and occasionally use a flat iron. I try to use sulfate- and silicone-free products to preserve my color and protect my hair, and had heard great things about the LP line.

I tried the Restore Shampoo and Conditioner, No Frizz Styling Creme and Weightless Spray, and Satin serum. I could tell that the shampoo and conditioner were drying out my hair while I was still in the shower -- I couldn't run my fingers through my hair at all. I used the three styling products when I got out of the shower, and started to blow dry. My hair felt like straw, and when I tried to add a little more of the Satin serum, it just felt like sticky straw. My ends looked completely fried and the cuticle just looks frizzy and not smooth at all.

I tried the shampoo, conditioner, and products 3 more times since I first purchased and tried them 2 weeks ago, and finally returned everything to Sephora today. In 2 weeks, I have not worn my hair down once because of how poofy and dry it looks. Not recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Katejang81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of the conditioner and shampoo. It just didn't wow me. It didn't weigh down my hair but it also didn't feel like it did anything to moisturize or restore my hair. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't wow either. I wouldn't spend the expensive price tag for the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lizindallas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this shampoo and conditioner set. My hair has been damaged from years of highlighting and blow drying. I have been using this set recently and truly feel a difference. My hair feels significantly softer. The price for each is ridiculous and I am not sure I'll be using them again any time soon as I just can't justify the cost.
I'll at least alternate with my L'Oreal Sulfate Free Ever Pure Moisturizing stuff because that stuff rocks and is WAAAAY cheaper.
But overall, I still give both the shampoo and condition for Living Proof's Restore line two thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

As with the shampoo, I cannot get excited about this product and I need to feel excitement to pay such a price. It has not restored anything. Prior to using the shampoo, conditioner and mask, I used an Herbal Essences duo (honey-apricot strengthening) and honestly see no difference between this and that DS cheapie. After using the shampoo and conditioner or mask, I still have to apply a cream or oil for my hair not to be flyaway and dry. Smells strongly of bergamot/grapefruit. I have colored, mature hair that is naturally curly and shoulder length.