November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Moisturizers - Chanel - Hydra Beauty Gel Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This gel cream is expensive is a average moisturizer its good for non sensitive oily skin. Not good for combination dry skin that is sensitive or ance prone. The textures is like a light cream but is sticky like a gel. So basicly a sticky light cream. It is to sticky to blend out smoothly. After it was dry and absorbed it was less sticky but my face was still dry and started to itch especially the drier parts.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by atrayloraxo

I have combo skin that breaks out with creamy moisturizers. Loved this because of the gel consistency, feeling on my face and fragrance. Downside is the price tag! However, I have not found anything comparable yet so I may come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Reitelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had gotten a small sample of this roughly about a year ago when I was purchasing my HG mascara from the counter. I absolutely loved the creme and even that tiny little sample I had lasted me quite a while. I'd been pining after the full size ever since but finally decided to take the plunge and purchase it about two weeks ago.

I have been using it twice daily and I absolutely love it! The weather has been vacillating between hot/humid and cold/dry which normally does a number on my skin but this creme has been protecting my skin on both accounts; mattifying my skin when it's humid and keeping it moisturized when it's dry.

A little definitely goes a long way with this creme; I still haven't even starting using the creme out of the jar itself; I've just been wiping a fingertip across the lid and that small has been enough to cover my face and even a little for my hands and elbows. The smell is absolutely TDF! I feel confident in having made this purchase because the product is doing its job wonderfully and at this rate, it will last me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by RLDonaghy

First let me say, I miss HydraMax. This however is a close replacement. I cannot get enough of the smell. It is a strong scent, but it smells so clean. If scents tend to bother you then I would suggest trying a sample of this before buying.
I have oily skin and this is the perfect moisturizer. It is very light, but moisturizing enough that my skin doesn't feel the need to produce excess oil. A small amount goes a long way. I also only use this moisturizer in the morning, on clean skin. It is expensive so I like to get the most of this product. Because of the scent, I would not recommend using around the eye area. Highly recommend!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Valentina200

It did a decent job in keeping my face matte, and mildly moisturized. But the biggest negative for me is the very strong scent as well as the silicone-y feeling of it. It felt a bit sticky on my face and kind of like a film or something.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

I decided to splurge and buy a full size of this after one of the SA put it on my skin. It made my skin feel soft and nourished. It worked well on my oily/combination skin and did not make my face more oily. You get a decent amount of product and a little goes a long way. While I did like this product very much, I would not repurchase. For the price I wasn't "wowed". If you are looking to splurge, this is a nice option. However, this will not be a part of my regular skin care routine once finished.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing cream really plumps the skin and leaves my skin soft supple and radiant and prepped for makeup it acts as a great base considering buying a full size when my samples up just hate the price though. Otherwise its a win for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by calyx_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had nothing but brilliant experiences with Chanel products in the past, and when I was in need of a new moisturizer, I didn't hesitate to pick one from Chanel. Even though I have sensitive, combination/dry skin that's prone to redness, my skin cannot handle rich cream moisturizers. That's why I was drawn towards the idea of a gel creme moisturizer. I thought it would be lighter than the rich creme types but moisturize my skin better.
The packaging for this moisturizer is gorgeous, classic Chanel. I don't love the fact the moisturizer is housed in a jar (unsanitary!), although I did appreciate having a little plastic spoon to scoop out the product. Unfortunately this product did not work for me at all. I was really surprised because until now I've had nothing but five-star experiences with Chanel skincare and make-up. Upon application, the moisturizer didn't sink into my skin completely, and I was left with a weird, mask-like feeling for hours. What's worse, my skin felt tacky and sticky, even 8 hours after applying. The product felt like it was just sitting on top of my skin. (When I went to bed, my face was sticking to my pillowcase! YUCK!)
I don't know if this would've worked a little better had I exfoliated first, or applied it right after I showered, but I wasn't willing to have another sticky/tacky experience! I returned this to Chanel the next day. I am going to try another moisturizer from Chanel soon to see if that works any better for me, and I will post a review soon. Fingers crossed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by exelero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using for a couple of months the CHANEL Hydramax + active gel creme I gave this new one a shot. Doesn't impress. The scent is similarly good, the texture is a tad more rich than the Hydramax but I think the last one is more moisturising... I felt my face somewhat dry... Nice but not worth the price, as Hydramax was.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kristynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really nice moisturizer. My skin is very dry so they ladies at Chanel told me to buy it. I have only used it for a week but it is very nice and my skin does look better. My husband also says it smells lovely.