Yankee Candles Sparkling Snow

on 12/3/2012 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

SPARKLING SNOW is one of Yankee Candles 'Festive Collection' fragrances and is officially described as "the crisp, naturally fresh scent of gleaming, snow-covered pines with hints of patchouli and fruit". I'd describe it as fresh mint and pine, with a undertone of patchouli, for a earthy bite. I'm not sure what the fruit is - sometimes I get a light breeze of what I think is cherry, but it is so faint that I can't be sure.

I do enjoy the fragrance as it is fresh/clean, and the pine is very festive. I usually prefer Yankee's sweet/spicy mixes for Christmas, but this is an exception. As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed; I've used some candles where the fragrance burns up before the candle does, but that is not the case here.

I've found that the tarts and tea lights throw off a stronger scent than the candles, so I think that they are the better buys. I personally prefer to use the tealights; as well as having a stronger fragrance, there's the fact that for the price of a box of 12 scented tealights you get a total of 48 to 72 hours burn-time, so they offer the most value for money. The tealight costs less then 12 tarts or samplers would, so as well as being cheaper - and offering a similar burn time - then either the small jars and tumblers, and over half of the price less then the medium jars or tumblers.

Popular Candles