July 28, 2014 | 1613 users online

Moisturizers - The Face Shop Heaven Grade Ginseng Cream

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The Face Shop carries its own line of cosmetics from Korea. What caught my eyes are the natural bright lights that mimics daylight in the store (take a lesson, Sephora)
In the past I failed to try Iope and other Korean skin care, because the store hires SA that speaks very poor English. I tried some Mirenesse products and loved it (some are actually made in Korea).
To make a long story short, I entered the store and asked the SA for the heaviest moisturizer. She showed me this cream, it is a gel cream, kind of a silicone and oil blend, very light in texture. With the silicone, the immediate feeling is a false sense of smoothness, but I was concerned that it may not provide enough moisture and it sits wet on the skin for a long time before absorption.
I took the plunge and paid $88, the set has a 50 ml. cream and a 20 ml. of Heaven Grade Ginseng Oil. The oil is also a silicone/oil blend and it is almost the consistency of water.
They both have a lavender scent which I find very calming and it does not linger. Both products absorbed well into my dry skin, I even applied it on my slightly oily T-zone without any problem. My skin feels so smooth & satisfied, and the moisture stays, unlike some heavy moisturiser gradually loss its effectiveness in a few hours. And the skin feels clean, without a coating of product sitting on top.
For those who tried Hourglass No. 28 primer serum, this 2 products are kind of similar to that.
I don't know how I will like this in summer, but for sure I will keep using it for fall/winter, and I am going back next week to buy an extra set just in case. Oh, and to check out their other stuff.