September 20, 2014 | 1759 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Timewise Repair System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by GrannyJules

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a P.U. (personal use) consultant with Mary Kay. I have been using the Repair system for nearly two years. I recall the first time I used it, the serum it felt like it was burning my face. I know now that it was 'fixing' my ultra-dry skin. About 3 months after I started using it, I saw a gal I hadn't seen in about two years (not involving Mary Kay at all) and the first words out of her mouth were an exclamation: 'YOU LOOK YOUNGER!!!'. That said it all for me. I have done price comparisons with other similar systems and the MK Repair set is by far the least expensive. I will say that the Serum lasts about 2 months and the other products do last longer. The day cream has an SPF in it so you don't need to worry about using sunscreen on your face. I washed out the 'jar' from the day and night creams and use them for dispensing other products. The repair was very thick in the bottle and when I cut the top off to use every speck of it, I transferred it to the day cream 'jar' and nary a drop will be wasted. I use it with the Mary Kay Skinvigorate brush and I have to say my skin is softer and more moisturized than it has even been and I have been a user of Mary Kay products since 1978!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by dee615

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have had sensitive, acne prone oily skin since I was 11. My acne subsided in my 40s (as the dermatologist had predicted when I was a teen). This means that since my early teen years I've tried all types of products, none of which helped to make my skin look noticeably clear, smooth, and radiant, contrary to what they promised. I had so given up on finding good products for my skin, that I did not even bother to try on the Time Wise Repair samples I had with me for almost two years.

At a Mary Kay party I saw how ONE application of the products dramatically improved the look of a woman in her late 50's who had been pretty low maintenance with skin care. I was so amazed that I decided to try on my samples after I went home. I was still very skeptical (after all those decades of disappointments and LOTS of wasted $$$$), but saw an improvement in my skin after three days. Because it was the day after I had gone to the optometrist, I honestly thought that the drops he used for my eye exams had made my vision blurry. I was so used to seeing my face with dark spots that I had a hard time adjusting to the new reality of - yes, clear, smooth, even skin which I never had since age 11 !!!

Anyway, I gave that long preamble to make my point that the product really works! Now I use the cleanser and Volu-Firm on my face everyday. They make my skin feel soft, and the Volu-Firm goes on v. lightly. The day cream makes my skin look v. slightly ashy (I have warm, deep caramel skin), so I use a light sunscreen. But I use the night cream on my hands at night. It is instantly absorbed. (I read before bedtime, and the cream doesn't leave greasy spots on the pages.) The products have a subtle, pleasant, fragrance that quickly wears off. The creams do not feel "goopy" at all, and the packaging is very elegant - in a pinkish mauve tone with silver accents.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Debmurphy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best skin care I've used ever! The packaging alone is fabulous, keeping it fresh and free of bacteria. I have spent a fortune on skin care. Estée Lauder, Lancôme, La Mer skin ceuticals. Hands down, Mary Kay hit a home run with this. Not your grandmothers skin care. and it takes only a few minutes every night. everything works together, feels great, no burning, flaking, redness etc. a great value too. You can buy each part one at a time as you use up other stuff! I started with the day cream, then cleanser, retinol night cream, serum and finally bought eye cream. 5 products for 200.00. And it really works. I'm 62 and my skin looks like I'm 20 yrs younger.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by KP111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I an a MK consultant. I'm not a pink caddy driving saleswoman but between myself, two daughters and a few friends I somehow manage to buy just enough make up to keep myself in business. I ordered some samples of this new system but had not gotten around to trying it out. I gave some samples to a friend of mine and she went nuts about it so I HAD to give it a try. Holy Cow!!! I LOVE this new line. It is light and clean. My skin has never felt this clean. After about a month of using I can see such a difference in my skin. Little lines are fading and my skin tone is just better. I am comfortable leaving the house with out make up for the first time in years. If you can get a sample, give it a try but be prepared to order it after you use up the sample. I have friends who are now scared to try it because they know they will love it. My big regret is that I didn't do before pictures. I've been on this for close to a month and the other ladies are right. You don't have to use much. A tiny amount is all it takes. At this rate I'm sure it will last at least 6 mos. I have even found that if I use too much of the day cream it kind of balls up and rubs off. Use it sparingly, it's much too expensive to waste.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by cmpannell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Totally LOVE this system! I've been a MK user for years and was hesitant to try this system b/c of the price, but boy, am I glad I did! The foaming Volu-Firm Cleanser smells fantastic - love the way it lathers up and that you only use a pea size amount. The Volu-Firm Lifting Serum works best for me on a damp face - not a dry one. I think it has certainly helped the crow's feet as well as the laugh lines that were beginning to show. The Volu-Firm Renewal Eye Cream is silky and the applicator feels heavenly on tired eyes. I use it underneath both in the a.m. and p.m. and then a small amount just on lids at night. The Volu-Firm Night Cream with Retinol is not as creamy smooth as the Volu-Firm Day Cream. I have normal/dry skin and sometimes the Night Cream with Retinol leaves my cheeks red immediately after application, but that goes away. I've never used anything with Retinol before this and I think redness is common upon using. The Volu-Firm Day Cream is super creamy and seems to moisturize well, although during the winter months I did have to occasionally add some extra moisturizer on top of it in my really dry areas. By the way, I'm 46 yrs old and since I've been using this system for the past 4 months I've had people comment on how good my skin is looking and I usually surprise strangers who guess that I'm in my mid-to-late-30's. Will definitely keep using and will recommend to my friends. My sister, has currently just purchased her first set and I'm anxious to see if she loves it as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by SusieQ40

This review is only for the cleanser in the new Timewise Repair line from Mary Kay. I have combo skin. I absolutely love this cleanser! It is described as a foaming cleanser; I would say more that it lathers. You only need a tiny bit, not even pea-size, so the tube will last forever and will probably be a bargain at the $25 price. My face actually feels clean without feeling stripped and no filmy residue. This is making my skin more normal without oily or dry patches. I will keep using this and will most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by czechgirl01

In my opinion, the best MK line. I love their serum and day and night cream. Amazing consistency, absorbs wonderfully, smells great, my skin is visibly smoother and looks healthier... I know I am not 'old' enough to be using this, but I like it so much more than their other creams and serums that I just have to. Can't help it, it really is good...though I wish they were cheaper. (Unfortunately, MK products in the Czech Republic are overpriced)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Spiffymom

I'm a big La Mer fan, and I have always broken out from using MK skincare products in the past. With that being said, I started using this system a month ago and I LOVE it. It's pricy, but 1) it's still less than La Mer,and 2) it blows the top off of anything in the MK line. This is definitely a new turn in the right direction for MK (*and no, I'm not a consultant). Day and Night creams are thick and luxurious; the scent is delicate yet distinctly different for each. The cleanser is very thick but lathers up well (especially when used with a Clarisonic cleansing brush). The eye cream applicator feels really comforting on tired, puffy under-eye areas. And the Volu-firm lifting serum stings a little when you put it in--but the results are remarkable. Little tiny cracks in my crows feet and lines on my forehead are far less noticeable already. My skin feels like it is being healed; no more oily areas, no more flaky dry spots. My skin looks dewy, healthy, and well-maintained. I'm waiting to see if they entire system really lasts 4 months as publicized. I'm really surprised more people haven't reviewed it on this site.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Sleek69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YES IT WORKS! I'm 61 (yikes) but have been using Mary Kay skin care for over 30 years. My skin was in very good condition (or so I thought) and decided to give the Repair products a go.
The firming serum and retinol night cream make the most noticeable changes in tightening the skin on my face and jawline. Skin is clearer, brighter more youthful looking!
I'm using up my Timewise products for daytime and the Repair products at night. This may be the greatest leap Mary Kay has made in their nearly 50 years in the skin care business!
SKIN CARE TIP ...use a facial sunscreen everyday! Even incidental sun exposure causes your skin to age! (Should have been using sunscreen on my hands for driving but it's too late for that!)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

At 42, I'm working to hold back the signs of aging. I've been using sunscreen products since I was 19, so my skin is in pretty good shape. Disclosure: I've also been using Mary Kay products since I was 19! However, I switched to this system two months ago since I'd started adding non-MK products with Retinol (for example) and other higher tech products as I've gotten older. So I figured I'd try the MK version of these products to see if I could consolidate my skincare routine. And YES, I have been able to get rid of my pricey Skinceuticals 0.5% retinol product and Obagi Blender dark spot corrector! (Almost $200 for those two products alone!) I'm quite pleased with this new system. All hormone-related blemishes have gone away entirely, plus my skin has maintained its bright, clear condition. I will repurchase and get rid of my older Timewise Miracle Set products. A winner from Mary Kay!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No