October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Out of the three Smoky Shadowsticks that I own, this is my least favorite. It's not that this is a terrible product...I just don't see anything to love about it.
Firstly, the colors are oddly paired. It's not that I've never seen a pearly pink and a brown together before, it's just that I don't love this combination. It's a very specific color combination; I can't make this work for every day purposes. Also, the pink is extremely light and sheer, and the brown is dark and more satiny; imo, it looks like the pink isn't even there at all when you apply it, and the brown is incredibly overwhelming. Not my ideal results to work with.
Also, these shadow sticks are incredibly hard. You really need to press them onto your eye in order to get them to draw, and that can become painful. In turn, their blendability is not good. This one refuses to compromise, especially the brown color. So, it's difficult to actually get the color onto the eyes, and once you have it on there, it ain't budging for the life of it.
With that being said, it has great staying power and it is capable of staying the whole day without problems. I use it with primer, just in case.
I don't like the price or packaging either; the packaging is very cheap and I've cracked one of the caps, and it's kind of costly for a drugstore eyeshadow duo. It goes for a grand total of $9 ish dollars. I wouldn't recommend this shadow stick; some of the other ones in the line are better, but you're better off staying out of this collection in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by melanous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Pretty color combo that would look nice on lots of folks (kind of a pinky-gold and a brown with golden undertones) and looks great with my coloring. I found this at Big Lots for around $2 or so.

I wore this first using both colors which was really nice. Used the lighter shade in the middle of the lid and brown in the crease and along both upper and lower lashes and kind of blended out the edges. Another time I used the brown side only as a smudged liner with some other eyeshadow combo. Today, I literally took about 3 minutes to do all of my makeup and I smudged the brown on my entire lid as a smoky shadow just up into and just past the crease and then underneath my eye as liner and quickly blended it out with fingers so there were no weird edges. OMG I love it! I've had it on for a few hours and no creasing. I popped it into my purse thinking I might have to make fixes. Nope! I'm not saying this will last you an entire day until you wash your face in the evening but I think it lasts long enough so that you could touch up at lunch or possibly in the early evening if going out but wouldn't you anyway? I love the way it makes my eye color pop out. Very, very pretty and highly convenient and almost dummy-proof product!! Love you Revlon! I also have the Smolder combo but I think I prefer this one. One other thing about this is that I like that it is not powder. As I've gotten older, powder kinda makes my eyes look a little crepe-y and the cream formula here seems to be helpful for that. So glad Big Lots had these so I could try out these products without spending $. I love drugstore products but not having testers makes it so painful to plunk down cash and lets face it, Revlon, L'oreal, Maybelline and Covergirl are not as inexpensive as they were back in the day, relatively speaking.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a really convenient simple eyeshadow for travel and it's just amazing hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by jeane519

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily eyelids and this does not crease on me. Good color payoff. Fantastic as a base/primer for similar colored shadows, but good on it's own. I would repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got it from my friend as a present and frankly speaking I didn't think that it will work. But despite my expectations it has very nice colors and even almost doesn't crease.
The only thing which turned me down (one lippie off) is that the stick of a lighter shade fell out of the tube. I can put it back but if I turn it upside down it would fall out again. But I still can use it.. so it's ok...
Overall its a very convinient product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I bought Revlon's Colorstay Smoky Shadow Stick in Flare and liked it so much I went back to get all their other colors. After Flare, this is my 2nd favorite just because I prefer purple shades. The colors are super complimentary and they are very pretty and flattering on my olive green eyes. There is a shimmery peach and a chocolate brown with a copper shimmer. It's also a 3-in-1 product which is always a plus, a shadow, liner and highlighter and the staying power is really excellent. I don't really have anything bad to say about it, you can apply it lightly for a conservative day look and they apply more densely for a night-time look so overall I'm giving this 5 stars!