August 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB cream - watery

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by siminims

This doesn't do much at all for coverage, but WOW is it good for oil-control.

On the days I feel spectacularly oily, I use this all over as a base WITHOUT moisturizer underneath. I wash my face, maybe use a toner, and then sheer this out all over my skin. It really controls oil all day...well, keeps me less oily than I would be without it.

I usually top the problem areas with HH Clearing BB Cream, but because the color match of both is slightly too pink I do try to top off with a darker powder, or just leave my hair down that day so no one can tell my neck is greener than my face. (I'm light enough for this BB Cream, but I have a strong warm-olive tone to my skin.)

But I suspect you could use this as a base, then top problem areas with a cream or liquid foundation if you didn't want to pile on another BB Cream. It really is fantastic for oil control and hydration--I think Watery is marketed for combination skin, but it works well for my oily dehydrated skin, too.

I only took off one lippie for the sheerness and the not-great color match, but the sheerness would be a plus point for those who don't need the heavier coverage c:

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mars007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The only two reasons I would not buy this again are: #1. that Holika Holika is not cruelty free. I don't like products that are animal tested (whether it be the product, the ingredients, or sold in China) and it can be very hard to find out the status on Asian beauty products. Which is why I have it... (KARA has some brands listed FYI but most are impossible to find) and #2: I like to try new BB creams.
This BB cream comes in a small squeeze tube and will last you a few months. It costs between $5-$8 to import from South Korea.
I have fair average skin that needs a little color correction to balance it out. This does that.
It's a smooth liquid cream in a somewhat grey/pink hued beige tone that adjusts to my very very light skin. I like that it is not white or orange or yellow after applying. It's thick enough to provide full coverage, and sheer enough not to feel heavy. It does not last all day and due to the thickness, I would not recommend it for oily skin. It's "watery" specific and there are, I believe, 3 or 4 other types in the line. Clearing, Shimmer, Moisture, and Essential (Firming) This one has SPF 25. Each has a different SPF level.
It is very similar to the Tony Moly Cat Wink BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

This is a better colour than any of my BB creams,, it does come off yellow than grey,, This has a strong scent.. it smells like soapy toiletries.. like a bathroom basically.. I don't particularly like this floral smell but the application is more water like than cream.. it's not as sheer.. it does feel like a layer on top,, it's not as natural feeling than the face shop oil free one that I have... I do like the colour... I would buy this again because after a setting powder I love it... It's just that scent..