October 26, 2014 | 1368 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion d'Iris EDP Absolue

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by stls

I have already written a favorable review about the original Infusion d'Iris EDP (I like that better than the EDT which is more floral/less incensey and L'Eau d'Iris which is a floral/minty version). Despite my admiration of the EDP it was a bit too uptight and austere to feel comfortable wearing it and got swapped.

Infusion d'Iris Absolue is a flanker well made; neither so different that it would seem unreasonable to share the same name nor too similar so there would be no point of being around like others. They share some basic traits but there are different perfumes altogether.

It reminds me of the first EDP in the opening because of the bright orange blossom and neroli they have in common but there is no citrus here. It's apparent from the first moment that Absolue will be a warmer scent.

Both are powdery but the original turns woody/incensey while Absolue has none of these traits. Instead I get sweet/warm powdered resins. I would describe it as a softer, less spicy and more contemporary version of L'Heure Bleue.

Stays close to the skin and seems to last less than the original or I get this impression because it could be mistaken for a skin scent after a certain point and that's not the case with the first EDP. I don't get the same clarity in the transition of notes here, the lines are blurred and the whole composition seems more compact.

I can see how the wearers of Infusion d'Iris EDP could be disappointed, but if the original is a serious, aloof, intelligent woman at work, Absolue could be the same woman after letting her hair down in the safety of her home. Worth a try I'd say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I totally love this fragrance, I wear it all the time, I get compliments a lot, I didnt like the first one, I am not fond of clean sheets smell, too green, too dry, too much like laundry scent.But Absolue is smoother, rounder, sensuous, and rich, I feel like I am wearing a luxurious fragrance, feminine, enveloping , balmy, I can't say enough positives about this gorgeous scent.
I understand why lovers of the first one wouldn't like Absolue, it is a different scent all together, much more exciting to my nose. The ingredients are top quality, it is obvious to my nose.Wonderful scent, I will buy another bottle soon as I I don't want to be without it..
I will add that it can be worn all year roud , being balmy, and green enough..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by marseeuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG, I absolutely love this fragrance, I got the sample and sprayed it ...didn't like it, but once it settled I was obsessed...now I spray it on even when I don't have anywhere to go...I think you either love or hate this fragrance. and I LOVE it. Understated elegance all the way around!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by doocaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Infusion d'Iris, and was so excited about this new version. Absolue was a disappointment. It started out very much like the original, but became overly powdery after it dried down. The effect was really unflattering on me. I wanted to love it, but I'll stick with Infusion d'Iris.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited for this perfume, but unfortunately, it didn't live up to my expectations at all. The original Infusion d'Iris is one of my favorite perfumes, so I guess this goes to show that it doesn't pay to mess with greatness. Upon application, it smells similar to the previous version, but the powdery aspect is altered. I think the intention was to make the floral aspect stronger, but strangely enough, to my nose, it smells like the fragrance has "gone bad" in a way. I got the distinct impression of dust, kind of a dirty musty powder. I think this is what a previous reviewer described as a sort of "sharpness" at the beginning. It's difficult to describe- the notes just don't mesh well, it's discordant and unappealing. This aspect lingers through the perfume experience till the drydown. The drydown smells exactly like the original Infusion d'Iris, except that it's very faint, almost no sillage at all. So for me, this perfume was a waste of money. Unpleasant at first, and then identical to a perfume I already have. Very disappointing. I'll stick to my beloved EDP from now on!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ScreamingMonkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Slightly soapy, soft and powdery, elegant and subtle - these are my associations when I wear it. If you are looking for a fortified version of the original Prada Infusion d'Iris, you may be disappointed. To my nose it does not resemble the original Prada Infusion d'Iris at all - Infusion d'Iris Absolue is sweeter and less citrusy than its predecessor. It reminds me more of L'Heure Bleue, even Apres L'Ondee, and it is equally beautiful and sophisticated. In the dry down Absolue smells like clean and healthy skin. Sillage is moderate, longevity excellent. A minimalist beauty with a potential to become a classic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I give this a three because I adore Infusion d'Iris. It has been my main day to day fragrance for years. I always have it. I bought this one without testing because I loved the idea of a heavier version with some extra musk and vanilla ~ however this completely let me down. This smells almost exactly like the original on me - it is slightly "sharper" in the beginning but other than that I seriously cannot tell a difference! The bottle is the same as the original but gold, very pretty I will say. Also I find that this does not last as long either. I won't return this because I was almost out of Infusion d'Iris and this is basically the same, however I won't buy this particular one again as it is more expensive and LE. Huge let down for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No