April 18, 2014 | 1189 users online

Makeup Brushes - Hakuhodo - Large pointed Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by powerderprincess

This blows my Nars yachiyo out of the water. It is much softer than the Nars version, but not as soft as some of the other J series Hakuhodo brushes that I own. I love this brush for applying my very pigmented blushes from Tom Ford.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not as soft as other Hakuhodo brushes. I had to condition it a few times for the hairs to have good movement because when I first got it the hairs were all bundled together in a narrow point. It sheds a little when I wash it, use it, or knock the powder off after. I like the point and the overall size of this brush. Smaller than most blush brushes so it's great for contour, highlight, or precise blush placement. The handle is wrapped in twine maybe?? And it's super thin but feels good. There's a tiny little piece of twine sticking out at the end of my handle and I thought it would unravel over time but it hasn't. I've had it for almost a year. It's a good brush, just overpriced in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Moremi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After era of using ecotools blush brush, I felt needed something more precise and with the ability to diffuse pigmented blushes. My eyes landed on the NARS yachiyo, but after reading reviews I decided on Hakuhodos version, because it was described as softer and better. Anyone owning Rae Morris book "Makeup: The ultimate guide" will see this exact brush featured in the brush chapter, where she states that she loves it.
The brus is soft, but in a cotton-y way, instead of having that smooth silky feel that Blue squirrel offers. It manages to apply both sheer and heavily pigmented blushes. You still have to shake of the brush before letting it touch your cheeks if you're using something along the likes of NARS Taj Mahal.
This is the only Hakuhodo brush that has been shedding. About 4 or 5 hairs.
UPDATE: After 7 mpnths of use, I have to rate this lover. If I only had to rate performane, it would get a 5/5, but the quality of this brush is not at the same level as its price. It sheds a LOT. I still love it and use it everyday (since this is the only blush brush I own and I hate throwing expensive stuff), but if I could wind back time, I would have bought a brush from the B series. They are made of softer, black goat and/or squirrel and does not shade one bit!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No