September 21, 2014 | 1084 users online

Palettes - BeneFit Cosmetics - TropiCoral Lip & Cheek Kit

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by serpendity

This was my first time trying out Benefit products, and I've always wanted to try out cha cha cha tint and high beam. So I got this pallete which was a bargain compared to the full sizes of these products!

The quantities of the tint, highlighter, blush and gloss are quite decent and will easily last me for months. The quality of most of them, barring the blush is also excellent.

I especially love the tint which shows up beautifully on my NC 42 skin. It's equally beautiful of my lips which is rare for me since I have two toned lips and most tints just look horrible when applied by themselves. But cha cha cha shows up as a pretty orange coral shade. It is a bit drying, but topped with some balm or the gloss provided, it lasts for a good 5-6 hours. The application can be a bit tricky in the cheeks, but you just have to work with one cheek at a time and blend fast. It stays for a good 8 or so hrs on my cheeks which is brilliant in the crazy tropical human weather we have here!

The gloss is quite sheer but works well with the tint. It feels really plush and non sticky. On the downside, it has a slightly strong smell which sometimes can get overwhelming.

High beam is really awesome and gives a beautiful finish to the skin. It does show any visible shimmer or highlight any pores. It just makes my skin glow pretty naturally on all the high points of my face. Brilliant for an evening out and it lasts as long as the tint. It is also less fussy than the tint and easy to use.

The only disappointment for me is the blush. It does nothing for me and refused to show up as more than a highlighter! The texture is also a bit too powdery. I guess people with NC 42 and above should avoid the blush.

Overall an excellent purchase with three really great products. Made me want to invest in the full sizes when these finish and also explore more of benefit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this little set. I have not used any Benefit products before. I had a gift card for Sephora to use, and I saw this and decided to give it a try. I love sets like this that let you try a few different products out. I prefer that to spending about the same amount of money to try one full size product. The Coralista blush is so pretty. It is not a color I have ever tried before (actually, all of these are from a color family I have never tried before.) But it is a pretty, natural color that gives me a nice little flush, not really looking like I put blush on, just looking healthy. I use the Cha Cha tint more as a lip stain, followed with a bit of the lip gloss. I never use highlighter, but am having fun trying this in a few different ways. It's a nice highlighter, not over-the-top shimmer, just a pretty glow.

I would like to try the other sets that are like this one, it was so much fun to try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is awesome! My boyfriend bought this as a little gift for me as I was on the hunt for a matte peach blush for ages. It is a great way to get you to sample their coralista blush, cha cha tint, high beam and their coralista lip gloss, and for RRP $40AUD it isn't THAT bad.
Absolutely love the high beam, the cha cha tint does dry and leave streaks if you don't blend quickly so one trick I learned was to dampen my fingers first. The coralista blush looks beautiful applied on top of it and it is magic when teamed with the high beam. Not a great fan of the lip gloss but it looks great over my Nars Barbarella lipstick. I wont be repurchasing because I have a feeling this is going to last me for a while and it is more suited for a gift for someone else.
p.s The kit is great for travel! x

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by layleighia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Grey

Very pricey would be the first thing that comes to mind when I think about this product. Not worth the money, in my opinion, but still a nice gift to yourself for when you want to completely spoil yourself.
I love the lip and cheek tint because it's subtle enough on my cheeks that my face doesn't look overwhelmed (though you need to be fast to avoid streaks!), but keeps a strong colour on my lips. The gloss is nice, but fades fast. The blush is a very nice colour and not so deeply pigmented that it overwhelms my face.
Overall, I love the product but it isn't worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by zeppelindoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this as much as I was expecting to, which is obviously disappointing. I believe the tint and blush would show up a lot better on darker-skinned gals.

First of all, I usually love Benefit's adorable retro packaging, but I find the leopard print to be a little tacky sitting in my cabinet with all my other pretty things. I chose Go TropiCORAL over the other kits because I found the swatches online of this one more pigmented than the others (there is also Feelin' Dandy and Sugarlicious). My friend has the Dandelion blush and it's too pink for my liking; I prefer peachy blushes on my light, warmer-toned skin.

Here are my opinions on each product:

1. HIGH BEAM - I've owned a full sized bottle of high beam before and I like it a lot. I apply a touch on the bridge of my nose, and sometimes on my cheeks and inner eyelids. It's the best highlighter I've tried so far.
2. CORALISTA BLUSH - I'm underwhelmed by the pigmentation. I have to apply quite a few layers for this to be noticeable, but after layering it will make my cheeks look cakey. Not impressed.
3. CHA CHA TINT - I like the peachy color, but it doesn't blend well at all. The directions say to brush several strokes on your cheeks and blend with your fingers, but if I don't work fast enough, it will leave tiny streaks where I applied the brush.
4. CORALISTA LIP GLOSS - This is a sheer coral on my lips, and it's pretty, but it doesn't last long and I don't particularly care for the vanilla buttercream taste. I prefer fruity glosses.

I do like Benetint a lot, so I think I would've been better off trying the Sugarlicious kit instead. Benefit's thicker formula tints just don't work very well, IMO. I kind of wish I returned the product and bought a blush from another brand instead. Benefit, despite their irresistible packaging, have very hit or miss products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite out of the three lip & cheek kits released by Benefit.It contains mini sizes of the High Beam liquid highlighter, Cha Cha Tint (a coral/mango stain), Coralista powder blush, and the matching Coralista lip gloss squeeze tube. Very flattering on warm skintones - all the products add a bright flush of color on lips and cheeks. I find this to really perk up my complexion - comes in handy on those mornings where I feel really tired - helps me to fake the fresh and wide awake look. I really enjoy the lip gloss too because it has a slippery vs. sticky texture, and the color payoff is pretty good for a sheer stain. When layering the Cha Cha tint under it, it really pops. All the lip & cheek kits are a great buy because they give you a chance to try four products for only $28, and let you figure out what's worth buying the full sizes of.