July 29, 2014 | 1891 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Superfine Eyeliner Pen

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Hannyliz

When I first bought it I liked it, it left a nice sharp line and the applicator was precise. However, for some reason the applicator lost it's stiffness and became floppy and less sharp. Furthermore, it began to dry up and became difficult to get a nice black line. Now it's almost impossible to use unless I wet the tip, and even then it leaves a watery line and is hard to apply

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SirEel

I really want to like this product as I love the precision of the pen, but I absolutely hate how this stains. Even after multiple rounds of face wash and makeup remover, a light shadow is still left behind on my eyelids when I use this eyeliner. It even stains my hands when I wash off my face after the day. If it wasn't for that I'd like this eyeliner just fine especially for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by RieRie29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I need a better liquid eyeliner! At first it was ok and the tip was nice. But after not that many uses it is pretty much dried out and not much comes out of it at the angle I apply it to my eyelid. It wouldn't show up on my waterline very well and by mid day it was gone. I would not recommend this eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible. So glad I paid under $5 b/c it was watery from the start. It would / could only apply a line on my hand if I pushed down really hard. The tip was sooo flimsy & nothing came out of it on the eye lid angle. Had it for all of 3 wks or so, & into the trash it goes :( On the otherhand, (ESSENCE'S) Liquid Liner in the little small tube (w/ the the silver top) is excellent & I've never had a problem w/ that one (except for the fact that it doesn't make an extremely fine line). I will have to just suck it up & re-purchase my HG fine-liner by "Stilla" when I have the extra $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Nancyplayfoot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this eyeliner. It lasts all day. It's easy to use, the packaging is great. I haven't had issues with it drying out. The pigment is off (it looks more navy then black) but for 3.00 it's forgivable. I will be buying this over and over. I'm sure there are better more expensive eyeliners but for me being cheap it's my new HG eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by rockhormon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner and would recommend it to anyone. Gives a nice line and a good color. It lasts long enough, but the pen tip really gets dry when not used frequently.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mostronic

I LOVED this at first, gave such a nice dark line when I tried it in store and for so cheap. Then as I applied it at home, the pen tip dried out so quickly and was difficult to apply because of it. As I wore it throughout the day it transferred to my upper lid and stained! Even when I tried to rub it off, it wouldn't come off. Lastly when I tried to take it off with my waterproof makeup remover, it stayed stained on my eyelids! I would much rather pay for my Stila than have the transfer to my upper lids.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by swaggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not the best. After two weeks, the tip was dry and after 20 minutes, I would find some of the eyeliner above my lid ( I have semi hooded eyes). The pigment is ok but it easily could be better. In the end I would not buy it again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those people that uses liquid liner on a daily basis but only ever have one laying around so at Ulta the other day, I picked this up having never tried Essence before. I plucked off the cap and there was this long, ultra-thin felt tip and I had to have it. (For $3, I was willing to gamble!)

If you're torn between the precision of a felt-tip, pen-style liner and the fluidity of a brush-tip, look no further - or at least give this one a shot. The liner is flat black in color and could honestly be more pigmented and deeper but for a basic black liner, it's just fine. (One of two negative points here.) The tip is, again, long and ultra-fine at the end that makes for a wonderfully easy application and one of the best "wing" makers ever. And boy does this stuff last. I had it on last night, washed my makeup off, and this morning I woke up with a stained dark line around my eye. Be wary when you remove. Oil-based or waterproof m/u remover will probably be best here.

If not for the staining and the "just okay" pigmentation, this is a good stand-by! For the price, I can't ask for much but this little guy delivers just what I need daily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love pen-type liquid eyeliners, but unfortunately the best are very expensive. Stila Stay All Day and Smashbox Limitless are the best. The Physician's Formula one is great and gets tons of love, but it is also pricey for drugstore brand. I decided to try this little cheapie. Certainly can't complain about price! The packaging is fine, nothing fancy. It glides on fine, but by the time I get to the end of my lining for the day the tip has dried out a bit and doesn't glide as smoothly. The problem is in the lasting, smudging, and staining. I really don't have any unrealistic expectations about how long this is supposed to last, it's also not waterproof. But I have decided I will not even do a little wing with this stuff because if my eyes water at all throughout the day it completely runs. Not only does it run, but it begins to stain where it ran immediately. Interesting how an eyeliner that doesn't stay at all will stain so badly. If I'm at work or out the stain will not remove with a little water and rubbing. The stuff generally removes fine with my oil cleanser at night. So the problem is that I'm completely insecure when I'm wearing it, worried that it has started to run. No thanks, I'll just pay more next time I buy a liquid liner.