September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Lisse Gloss #3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK. I must agree with MUA member Angieee on this one. This is the most beautiful chocolate fudge brown I have ever laid on my lips and most people would think I was truly in love with it. The only problem that I have with it, a MAJOR problem is the smell. OMG it is so overpowering that I don't think I will be able to wear it. I swapped two Lancome JTs for this and I thought I would love it based on the great reviews. I do love it but the smell makes me not able to purchase it again. I doubt if I will be able to finish the tube. Again, everything except the smell is great. it has great texture, color, and staying power. Don't get me wrong, I love fragranced LG just like anyone else. I love my scented JTs. This smell is 3x a loud and about 10x as obnoxious than any other LG I have tried. Too bad. Otherwise, I really love this gloss.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by angieee

Okay, what's up with this smell? This is the best true brown gloss I have come across but it smells like floraly flowers with flowers on top and a side of flowers. OVERPOWERING. I often don't mind scents in products (I can deal with Revlon's and Nars Lip Lacquers) but certain ones really get to me. It's so frickin' pretty, though - looks like I just took a chocolate bar and smeared it perfectly over my lips. Very nice on my olive /MMM / GGG C40 complexion

UPDATE: I can't wear this. I get headches from certain perfumes and this is headache- inducing for me. Combine this with the fact that they test on animals - I'm not a PETA member, but I try to be aware - I can not see myself ever rebuying this even though it's gorgeous. Two lippies = wonderful color, but unwearable due to scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 10:09:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gloss is a true brown. I got it from Neiman Marcus on-line and in the picture on the website, the gloss looks more russet than brown, hence the name of this gloss, Cinnamon. I think it is good for a natural look if layered on lightly. Also, I think this gloss would look great with a more reddish toned, dark lipliner rather than a true brownish shade. The red in the range of a wine or burgundy lipliner would make this gloss more wearable and no so brown. I do like this shade on its own, but it is a bit too muddy. I do like the other Lisse glosses better than this one, i.e. Lisse #11 and #7.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2004 6:23:00 PM More reviews by JadedPlastic

Oh ... my ... god. This is the most gorgeous lip gloss I've ever worn. I'm a dark-skinned Black woman (e.g., Gabrielle Union or Aisha Tyler), and this gloss gives my lips the most natural cinnamony glow. I could wear this every day! My only complaint is the smell; it sorta reminds me of grape Dimetapp.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2003 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this gloss in a swap. The color is admittedly gorgeous, but the first thing that hit me with this gloss was the SMELL. It REEKS!! I couldn't pin it down at first, but after a few whiffs, I figured it out. It smells like Rose perfume and VINEGAR. Why they would make such a nice product smell so godawful, I don't know. If you can get past it, this is a nice gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by dolphy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, this is my favorite lip gloss of all time. It's got an amazing moisturizing facture to it and a super texture. It's thick like clear mac lip glass but not sticky. And this shade is to die for. It's a rosy brown. I'm already on my second tube!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2002 1:53:00 PM More reviews by xyan

The colour is a beautiful glossy brown, and the shine lasts! My only complaint is the price and the smell. Otherwise, when I run out, I will definitely be investing my hard earned money on this lovely lip gloss.