April 20, 2014 | 1905 users online

Mascara - Artdeco - Ultra Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
This works much better now that it has become slightly drier. It both stopped smearing and flaking because of this. Still it sometimes gives small lumps, but looks good in general. Gives some volume and length, but I would not build it because it has the tendency to lump up.
END OF UPDATE
I hate this mascara - there are cheaper ones that are way better!
I bought it because I have sensitive eyes and this claims to be fragrance free and suitable for sensitive eyes. I can tell you that one of the first rules for a mascara for sensitive eyes and contact lence wearers is that IT SHOULD NOT FLAKE! Although it may not have bad ingredients, this flakes really badly and smudges easily, which irritates my eyes as I will need to touch them to get the pieces of mascara out and touch my sensitive undereye to clean up the mess.
Other bad things about it is that it is SO lumpy! It looks totally horrible on the lashes! This is both because of the formula of the mascara and because of the brush, which is WAY too soft - it just can't manage to spread the mascara evenly. The volume is achieved only by clumping your lashes together. If that's the look you like - stubby, glued together lashes, then sure, buy it, else I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting their money on this mascara.
I also want to say that I purchased mine at beautybay.com. If you have totally different experience from using this mascara, it may be that it has something to do with where you got it.