April 24, 2014 | 1091 users online

Fragrances - Nicole by Nicole Richie

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by nunyabiness

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: I'm changing this to "yes" I would repurchase because i would buy this as a gift, and I don't want to give it a lower rating just because I don't like musk or patchouli.

This is a really nice fragrance. But there is something a little off-putting in it to me, because I dislike some of the notes. I find that after about 5 minutes I like this better,

I'm not clear yet on what notes I dislike, but I'm pretty sure it's patchouli. I can also smell some vanilla. This is a nice winter fragrance to add in for a little variety.

If you do like patchouli you should try this relatively unknown perfume. It's not overwhelming with any one scent...all the scents blend together well. It's very well balanced, and smells better than very expensive perfumes I've tried at Nordstrom.

I like the bottle-it's different-but I don't like the cap, which is plastic and feels cheap,

Overall, it's a nice perfume that you can find cheap at Ross or other similar stores (maybe Marshalls & TJ Maxx.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing! I purchased this for an amazing price, and it was a blind buy, and I am not disappointed! I am not good at picking out notes in perfumes. But this is so rich and spicy. It is wonderful! She certainly hit the mark on this one. And it lasts a long time. I smelled it hours after I out it on. Love the bottle too! A winner!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Opening notes of Nicole bring to mind the snapping open of a ripe peach, fresh from a market stand. You break it in half, the pit still in place, and inhale the juicy fruit in all its' delicious ripeness. Nothing synthetic, pure freshness, you can almost feel the juice dripping. Add fresh-churned vanilla ice cream, the kind you get from dairy farms in the country. Vanilla ice cream that has a fresh flavor and aroma to it unlike no other because it was just churned today with fresh milk from dairy cows. Now add the sweet patchouli. And this is a sweet, mellow you can eat patchouli.
Nicole wears very lightly unless you layer it or use a moisturizing trick to get the fragrance to last longer. I use a very sheer veil of vaseline first on my skin, then spray the perfume. Any perfume I have that doesn't have good longevity suddenly lasts for hours on me.
I really love this scent. It's full-bodied, creamy, rich with its ambery, spicy feel. Not too fruity at all, the peach is more of a rum type or a boozy impression.
The bottle is what drew me in, tho. It reminds me of the Eiffel Tower. It sits neatly in my hand, easy to spray and is art deco and just pretty to display.
I love wearing this now during the winter-watching the snow fall and hearing the winds blow. Its notes are warm, sensual and comforting. I do wish it lasted longer, but todays perfumes unfortunately do not, it seems. But, taking into consideration how wonderful the opening is, and how to make it last, Nicole really is nice.
Top Notes: Blackberry, Orange.
Middle Notes: Rose, Papyrus, Amber, Lily-Of-The-Valley.
Base Notes: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla Absolute, Cashmere Wood.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by WenzdayB

I love this. So much. I bought this because when I go to stores I always have to look at the perfume section. I love to have a couple bottles of summer perfume and a couple for winter.

I have a friend that wears the sent Hana Mori. And I love it on her so much but I could never bring myself to by a bottle because it was when I was fifteen. Now I'm twenty and I haven't. Thought about the sent much. When I bought this for twenty dollars and went home to try it I fell in love. It reminds me so much of that smell that I loved so much.
This perfume is rich and comfy and warm and it makes me smell so marvelous. I get so many compliments when I wear this. People always want to know what I am wearing.
It is a richer wood smell so I would wear it in the winter time. It is fabulous

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nicole by Nicole Richie is a hidden gem. I snagged a 1.7 oz bottle at Marshall's for $14.99. I remember seeing this in Macy's/Nordstroms when it first came out for full price. However, after searching on their websites, both no longer carry this fragrance. This was a blind buy and it is absolutely lovely. The art deco style bottle is beautiful and seems like something out of The Great Gatsby - although, it can be a bit tricky while figuring out how to hold the bottle. The top notes I smell are sweet, creamy and slightly fruity. While I can't really pick out individual notes, the entire fragrance reminds me of 3 fragrances, respectively. The top sweet notes remind me of a lighter version of Jessica Simpson's Fancy. The middle, more woody/floral notes remind me of Miss Dior Cherie. The drydown is all Lilly of the Valley on my skin and reminds me of a light version of Narisco Rodriguez for her. This is perfect for the cooler weather, and smells so warm, earthy, sweet (not overly so) and fresh. The florals in the dry down seem like more of a coming of age perfume for my 20 year old self. It's so light (but not too light) comforting and warm. If you see a bottle I don't think you have much to lose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Good job, Nicole! What a wonderful scent - I love it!

Nicole EDP by Nicole Richie first came to my attention when she appeared on the Kelly & Michael daytime TV show, and the hosts both raved about how good she smelled and asked what she was wearing -- which she said was Nicole (of course). It might have been an advertising ploy, but Kelly & Michael both seemed to sincerely love the scent, and their reactions seemed spontaneous. So I had to seek out this perfume and test it. I wound up buying a discounted gift set, and it was SO worth it!

Wow, this is one of the best celebrity scents ever, IMHO -- this is pretty awesome -- I really love it. It's light, sweet, spicy, & earthy -- all at the same time. Definitely light & sweet, but there's papyrus, amber, sandalwood, & patchouli too -- none of which are annoying in any way -- and are very well balanced against the sweetness. It contains noticable vanilla, my favorite note.

All notes are blended very evenly & nicely, and the end result is a light sweet-spicy oriental. The scent reminds me of a lighter version of Vince Camuto, or Snake Oil (a perfume oil by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, aka BPAL).

Here are the notes from Fragrantica.com: "The composition opens with aromas of juicy blackberries and oranges from Seville, which are followed by golden amber, Moroccan rose, lily of the valley and papyrus, layered over the base of cashmere, sandalwood, sugared patchouli and vanilla absolute."

Although a light scent, this EDP lasts very well -- several hours. The bottle is a really gorgeous cut glass art deco piece and looks elegant -- like the bottom of the Eiffel Tower -- however, it does take up a lot of space. I found a discounted gift set for only about $40 at Dillard, which included a 3.4oz EDP, roller ball, lotion & shower gel -- a very good deal for this beautiful scent, whch I'm afraid will be hard to find very soon. I was almost tempted to buy 2 sets!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ls468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scent reminds me so much of Burberry Brit Red, when I spray one Red on one wrist and this (the edp) on the other, I find them indistinguishable until the dry down, upon which the Nicole scent lasts longer. If I had to guess I would say the notes in this are Vanilla and Rhubarb, maybe baked goods and some Benzoin... with my chemistry this is very fruity Gourmand. Not my cup of tea.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't been keeping up with the latest celebrity fragrance releases lately, so when I saw a bottle of Nicole by Nicole Richie at Ross (yes, Ross Dress for Less) I was a bit surprised that she released a fragrance. Since it was only 19.99, I bought it without even bothering to smell it first. Yep, I'm a rebel.

I got it home and unwrapped it and was relieved to discover it doesn't stink to high heaven. It fact, it's downright pleasant. I do not know how to identify top notes or specific scents in perfumes, so I can't enlighten anyone about that. I just know what I like and I do like Nicole. When I looked up the perfume on the 'net, Richie described the perfume as being reminiscent of the exotic oils her mother used to wear when she was a child. It does in fact smell like that. Not at all cheap or overly fruity/floral like so many celebrity perfumes tend to be. In my opinion, this is a warmer scent that probably would lend itself better to the fall and winter months. It's a bit on the heavy side and would probably be a bit overwhelming in the summer. As for staying power, Nicole lasts a good seven to eight hours on me.

I would recommend this to others if you're into non-floral, non-fruity perfumes. If you can find it for $20, so much the better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Berry notes seem to be popping up in most new mainstream perfumes now and NICOLE RICHIE opens with a rich blackberry note. I can't pick up the Seville oranges, but I can make out what I think is raspberry. These berry notes are long and distinctive, so carries down to the heart of the perfume.

I'm not able to separate any floral notes apart from the listed rose and a hint of lily from the sweetly powdered floral jumble heart of the fragrance, as the patchouli develops quickly and lasts for the duration of the perfume. The rose mixes with the slightly spicy vanilla, for a pleasant 'Turkish Delight' aroma. I'm not familiar with papyrus, but I'm guessing that it is responsible for the slightly bitter spiciness that hides under the sweeter notes.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant presence of the powdery floral/vanilla mix and patchouli. The soft, creamy cashmere and sandalwood mingled closely together so it is a warm, comforting mix, that is again similar to the heart notes.

Official scent notes: blackberries, oranges, golden amber, Moroccan rose, lily of the valley, papyrus, cashmere, sandalwood, sugared patchouli and vanilla.

I find NICOLE RICHIE sweet-but-not-too-sweet, creamy, slightly spicy and also woody, so I think it is perfect for the colder weather, although it's something that I'll probably wear most of the year round as the juicy fruits stop everything else from becoming too much. NICOLE RICHIE is very wearable and can be worn to work, casual wear/weekends and crowded parties, but it's not unique enough to make me feel glamorous on special occasions.

Overall: NICOLE RICHIE is pleasant and easy to wear. The reasonable price and good longevity [between six and eight hours] make up for the lack of originality, so the perfume is a pretty good buy and a nice gift choice.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No