August 30, 2014 | 1229 users online

Highlighters - Essence - Breaking Dawn Shimmer Powder - Bella’s Secret

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by imaunicorn

I'm not really a highlighter person but I still highlight certain areas like cheekbones, under my brows etc. This does the job just fine without making me shine like a disco ball. Especially great for using on the nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by FairlyVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Ah, I can see what all the hype about was now. :) This shimmer powder is LOVELY. What a bargain for $2.99! You get a ton of product, and it's a lovely, subtle finely-milled shimmer powder. Just perfect for highlighting the eyes, brow bone, and cheek bones! LOVE! I thought this would be all sold out by now (March 2013) -- but I found one Shoppers location that had almost the whole in tact display of the BD2 Limited Edition collection. I'm thinking of going back and getting more! For $2.99, how can I not? ;) Definitely recommend and would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by bananasx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Don't have time to write about how beautiful this is.
That is all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not too shimmering,really nice product~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddict444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of Twilight, so I was thrilled when this collection came out. I bought two pigments, a lipgloss, a nail polish, a glitter eye liner and the shimmer powder. I am satisfied with everything (except the glitter eyeliner, which I have to apply over another eye liner or an eyeshadow applied wet) but this product is really fantastic. It gives my cheekbones a nice, gold-shimmery-ish glow. It comes in a quite big compact, so I don't have to worry about using it up. (If that happens, I will probably cry since it's a LE and it's sooo amazingly beautiful) And it was dirt cheap.
I also love the packaging. It has angular (Well, it's still a round compact, but I mean angular as in: not rounded) edges and a black font instead of silver. Those two things really make a difference, because, to be honest: I think Essence's regular packaging is C-R-A-P. But the LE packaging looks great most of the time.
There's nothing more to say, right? Beautiful color, nice glow, amazing price. The only con about it is that it's a LE, so I won't be able to repurchase but if I could, I sure would!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by tbeezy07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, I'll state, I am not a twi-hard. I watched the movies, but eh...I'm not obsessed.
I will state however, I AM obsessed with highlighting products and anything that can make me "glow".
I have owned/own the infamous NARS Albatross, MAC Soft & Gentle, Superb, STILA Kitten, theBalm Mary-Lou Luminizer etc.
I stumbled across this when I was visitng ULTA (as I so often do) in the brushes section. There were polishes, blushes and glitter powder from the ESSENCE display but none compared to this beauty.
It reminded me right off the bat of theBalms Mary-Lou Luminizer, but with more of a brown peachy undertone.
I got home and swatched them both. As you can see from the picture I've included, Bella's secret is more of a subtle sheen. not overly frosty or glitter ball at all. Mary-lou is more light, white champagne colored with medium frost and mid glitter. Telling from both, Bella's secret would be great for mature skin because it does not highlight wrinkles or fine lines (which I have alittle of, even though I am 23 yrs). Mary Lou is more over-dramatic and noticeable. For three dollars, you can NOT go wrong with Bellas secret, AND you get .38oz which is TONS!
It is ever slightly powdery, which can be a result of drugstore products. It goes on nice and smooth. I use my Real techniques stippling brush to apply. Its like I got kissed with the highlight fairy! It lasts just as long as my face make-up does. I make sure to add my facial spray (Mario Badescu Facial spray), to make sure this melts right into my skin.
Even though the packaging looks cheap, I LOVE the fact that you can see from the outside whats inside, how much is left and what color it is. When I'm in a rush, its very helpful.

I even did a Holiday look with this and it looks so great with a light smokey eye and bold lips.
ULTA's return policy is great, so if you want to try it out, and don't like it afterwards and doubt you'll ever wear it, you can always return it. For me though this is a keeper and I am sure to use it when I need a soft lit glow to highlight my cheeks.
Get it!!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by winterfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first highlighter, so I can't compare it with others. It's golden and shimmery, but not over the top and it gives very nice and subtle sheen. Maybe a bit too yellowish for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up as soon as i saw it at Ulta due to the raves on the MUB, and I am sooo glad I did. This is a beautiful golden highlighter, and is shimmery, not glittery in the least. Not as finely-milled as the KA Candlelight one, but definatley awesome quality for such a small price. I apply this with my Real Techniques blush brush lightly to the tops of my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose, and it gives me a pretty golden-tinted glow.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I stumbled across this display at Shoppers Drug Mart and was intrigued by this new limited edition collection from Essence as for an inexpensive drug store line they have a few gems that I have loved and repurchased. One of the few things I purchased from the Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 Makeup Collection was the shimmer powder. For $3.99 you get 11g of product which is massive quantity and surprisingly a high quality product. I have become obsessed with this golden highlighter. It's finely milled, extremely pigmented, wear well all day without fading, and departs an amazing glowing luminosity without obvious glitter. It is truly a hidden gem and have recommended it to my friends. I even went back and purchased two more to give as gifts.