December 19, 2014 | 1097 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Rives Quad

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by soitgoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Rives is a beautiful quad by Chanel. This was initially released in Asia, but it made its way to the US as a Nordstrom exclusive for a while (during Nordstrom Anniversary sale)--that is when I purchased it. Unlike the pressed eyeshadow quads that Chanel has available in the US, Rives came in a baked version--the type that is typically associated with the European and Asian release of Chanel quads.
In terms of colors, this is an excellent neutral quad that leans on the warmer end of the color spectrum. At first, being more accustomed to using taupe-y eyeshadow shades, I found that I needed some time to get used to the warmer tones--particularly the peachy-coral shade. However, now I am used to it and use this quad in regular rotation--I think of this as my neutral, warm quad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my favorite neutral eye shadow quad. i love all four colors and use all four colors!. it is a very wearable palette that i often reach for and would be happy to just have this if all of my eye shadow palette collection disappeared :) i love how this quad has a highlight color that is shimmery but not overwhelming. the peachy shade is so beautiful as a base and to blend out and the light and dard taupy shades look very expensive on the eye lids. i would highly recommend this quad if you can find it. unfortunately, this was a limited edition, nordstrom exclusive.