August 29, 2014 | 1177 users online

Eye Shadow - Burberry - midnight brown eye shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This Midnight Brown is my first foray into a non-Bobbi Brown eyeshadow, but the amazing colour from online swatches and the rave reviews about the buttery softness of the Burberry eyeshadows had swayed me to deviate from my brand loyalty.

As I'd ordered this product online for pick-up ahead of my arrival in London (Burberry Beauty isn't available in the UAE), I didn't try this out before my purchase. The colour didn't disappoint when I applied it onto my eyelid: it shows up as an intriguing coffee-bronze on my medium/olive skin tone and I pack it on over a primer with a Hakuhodo K024 eye shadow brush.

I've been used to wearing heavily pigmented eye make-up with black undertones, so am still getting used to seeing myself sporting a lighter colour (even though the pigmentation of the Midnight Brown is very strong anyway). I've also bought the Mulberry and Midnight Blue colours from the same range and am yet to try those out. So far, I've paired my Midnight Brown with a new emerald green from Bobbi Brown and found the two to be highly blendable into a stunning combination.

Price-wise, the Burberry eyeshadows are firmly in the high-end range, but it's also available at T3 duty free of Heathrow Airport where the discount puts it on par with Bobbi Brown and MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Blssflsea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say that hasn't already been said by the two other reviewers? It's a gorgeous brown with beautiful shimmer. It looks great on my hazel eyes. I wear in on my lid blended into my crease. I get a ton more compliments on my eyes when I wear this. I love Midnight Brown and if I ever hit the bottom of the pan, I will buy another.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

On a dreary chilly January I figured a new eyeshadow with free shipping from Nordstrom would be the pick me up. Though I expected when it would arrive I would be excited for a minute and then wonder why I purchased YET ANOTHER eyeshadow in YET ANOTHER brown. The product was the biggest surprise ever. It is a medium, leaning to cool brown with the teensiest bit of plum undertones and golden flecks (which really should be called illuminators because they are not anything like glitter). The pigment is very intense but it applies beautifully and the colour is out of this world sophisticated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this color is all you need if you want a quick defining eye look and it looks as if you used at least two or three eye shadows to acheive the look. it gives multi dimensional affect depending on how much you apply it and how much you blend it. it looks a little shimmery in the pan but when applied, it gives amazing sheen. burberry eye shadows are one of my favorite!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No