Nivea Lip Smoothie Cranberry and Raspberry

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was intrigued to try this by the smoothie word in the name. I've not ever tried any product from Nivea before though I'm a sucker for a tinted fruity smelling lip balm, so this one roped me in pretty easily.

I've tried pretty much every tinted balm out there from the average drug store brand to the higher end brands and this one has impressed me for 2 reasons: it's by far the best tinted balm I've ever used and is also by far the cheapest.

Why I love it:

- it's super moisturizing
- it's long lasting
- the tint is so natural looking
- it's smells like delicious strawberries
- the marbled effect of the balm itself is cute
- it's the perfect size for my pockets
- it's made my lips look plumper / smoother even when I'm not wearing it

So if you're a fan of a natural 'no makeup' type makeup look give this a try, you will be impressed!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear lipstick so I'm a lightly tinted lip gloss kind of girl... I have been buying lip smoothies for a while and use it everyday. Nice soft pink colour and enjoyable scent.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with the previous review... this is the strangest product! It smells great and feels suuuuuper creamy and moisturizing immediately after it is applied. But, after about an hour when the product had sunk in, my lips were flaking and extremely dry and itchy. I'm not sure if this is because I live in a very dry climate right now (winter season in Canada). I think this product only "works" if you apply it about every 20 minutes... you can't ever let it dry and sink into your lips or else they'll be super dry and itchy. So bizarre! I'll give it another shot in the summer and see if it works better in a different climate. It's a pity though because this product functions as a sort of lip gloss with high shine and a light pink tint-- if only the moisturizing aspect of it actually worked! *sigh*

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love the shine, colour and scent of this. The packaging is cute and I like the swirl in the product. But it dried out my lips terribly. I did not have an issues with my lips being dry before I started using this and only bought it because I wanted to try something a bit different than my regular old lipsmackers. If this did not dry out my lips I would prefer it because of the subtle tint and loads of shine but it was awful, my lips feel dry all the time after using this for about 2 weeks. I have used other Nivea lip products and had no issues, would not repurchase.