September 1, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture #12 "Corail Fauve"

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FirstCircle

I am a huge lip stain and lipstick fanatic and have experimented with a number of brands and products. While I expected the YSL lip stain, gloss and stick all-in-one to be one of my all time favourites, I was a little disappointed by the performance of the product at the end of the day. I felt that this product had more style than substance, and didn't live up to its stellar reputation.

Pros:
- Gorgeous, highly pigmented colours
- Feels like a gloss going on without any stickiness or heaviness
- Excellent packaging- the beautiful gold & black container and box makes you feel like you're carrying something much more substantial than a lipgloss. Has a little view window to see how much product is left.

Cons:
- Has a very distinct, unpleasant scent when applied (reminscent of alcohol).
- Once the glossiness dissipates (> 1 hr), you're left with chappy lips and some weird tight sensations that are also seen in cheaper stains.
- Does not last as long as advertised. Stain fades after 4 hours or so.
- Very expensive. Approximately $36 CAN before tax.

Overall it's a mediocre lipgloss that can easily be rivalled by some cheaper high-quality brands. I will say though- it does make for a lovely fashion accessory.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

on my pigmented lips one swipe of this gives me a more rosy lip. i was hoping for more of a "brighter coral, peachy/pink" than rose. its a wonderful formula, goes on smooth and stays PUT through eating and drinking. i did lose some from the inner lip but its not a big deal. most of it was intact. its slightly tacky but not in a too gooey way. fantastic for girls who's lips are more pale, you can really bring out the coral color. i have too many rose lippies so i wont be repurchasing. until then, i will just blank out my lips with foundation to get the color i want out of this. would make a great, everyday office color for me (i am NC42, tan yellow toned southeast asian skin) but at this price point, i want something with more of a POP for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by suzannekittymeow

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the second of these glossy stains I've purchased (the other being the lovely petal shade "Pink Vinyl"). "Corail Fauve" is a juicy, cherry popsicle shade when lightly applied and a deeper, though still very bright, coralish-cherry with a heavy layer. Wonderful pop of color on my golden light skin. YSL has come up with an amazing formula--long-wearing, creamy, glossy, and nicely pigmented. I'm usually a "strictly sticky" gloss girl, but these wonderful new lippies have me hooked.