November 24, 2014 | 1276 users online

Mascara - Milani - Total Lash Cover

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by CarlyJennifer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this mascara! It separates your lashes and makes them long, leaves them softer then some other mascaras. The brush is a tad pointy you just have to be careful when putting it on so as not to poke your eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 More reviews by Courtney16

I LOVE this.
It gives my lashes so much volume.
It caught my eye in the store because of the colorful brush
It was cheap and well worth 6 dollars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to say that I seem to be one of the few people who really, really like this mascara. I have a bizarre fetish for trying new mascaras, so when I ran out of my Cover Girl Lash Blast Volumizing mascara, I wanted to try something new. My local CVS had all of their Milani BOGO 50% off. Since I needed a new tube of the eyeshadow primer, I picked a product from the brand I'd never tried before. They were sold out of all the other Milani mascaras, and they only had one left of the Total Lash Cover, so I snagged it.

The first thing you will probably notice about this mascara is that the wand brush looks a bit like some sort of poisonous sea creature. Or, maybe a bear trap. Either way, it has pretty colors and an interesting, albeit terrifying, brush. The brush is claimed to be designed in such a way as to give coverage to the lashes in the inner and out corners of the lash line and the spikes are supposed to separate the lashes.

Now, let me get out of the way my two downsides to this product, and they're relatively nit picky. The first is that it doesn't quite give me the some BA-BOOM! lashes that my Almay Intense i-Color Volumizer does, but that's okay. Sometimes I don't want lashes so huge they're tickling my eyebrows. The other downside is that the brush can be a bit unwiedly. I can see where if you were in a rush, you would struggle with application. I really have to be thoughtful in how I've angled that wand so that the brush isn't stabbing me in the eye or the end of the wand isn't smudging excess product in the corners of my eyes.

Okay, so on to the good points. The first thing is the formula is amazing. It is the only mascara I've ever used that doesn't make my eyes itch, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge onto my lower lash line or eyelid, doesn't make my lashes stick together like glue when I blink, and gives me all of the long wear of a waterproof, but is super easy to remove. It does give me decent volume. Enough volume for every day makeup. The second coat goes on nice and smooth and doesn't leave globs on my lashes, nor do my lashes feel/sound crispy when I apply the second coat. I do have freakishly long and thick lashes, so if your lashes tend to be a little on the short and/or thin end of the spectrum, this mascara may not be for you.

Bottom line, even if I wouldn't go to this product if I needed giant sexy lashes, I would use this every day and would purchase agai.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by GinniAffliction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Milani is an underrated makeup company. I LOVE THIS MASCARA!

Granted, my lashes are naturally thick, long, and voluminous. Soooo I dunno if this is a fair review because most mascaras look nice on me.....

Anyways, my lashes grow down. Just barely a lift to keep them from scratching my eyes but people still notice my lashes and ask if they're fake.

I wish I had more curl so when I saw this brush I hoped that the curling power would work.

Am happy to say it did :)

This mascara is on the drier side so I dunno how people with small lashes would feel about this but it doesn't leave lashes crunchy!!!!

Also, this is cheaper than most drugstore mascaras because it was only around $5 v.s. other mascaras that are around $7. (Excluding WnW, ELF, and N.Y.C of course).

I like it and would buy this again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not terrible, but not good. The brush is so spikey that it basically stabbed my lash line when I caught it. It's pretty painful, and doesn't do that great of a job at lengthening or volumizing. The 3-zone brush concept was good, but it wasn't executed very well.

It makes it seem like I have three lashes because it makes them clump together that badly. I tried the mascara using the wand from my CG Lashblast, and my lashes came out looking pretty good. This make me this that clumpiness and overall bad appearance is the doing of the brush from hell.

It has pretty good longevity. I wore it on a rainy trip to the botanical gardens and it didn't run too badly, but it still ran. It has a little flaking and doesn't smudge or melt in humidity. I know there are many mascaras and beauty products out there that are a lot more expensive (I've used many myself), but this wasn't worth the $9 ($12 without my CVS value card) that I spent on it and I probably won't get it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by MConnolly29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara may catch your eye with its multi-color applicator but keep on walking. Hands down worst mascara ever. Brush is a saftey hazard with its sharp points and quality is poor, does not coat the lash at all. I threw it away after one application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always trying new mascaras, so I was excited to see this at Walmart the other day. I was intrigued by the 3-sided brush, having green and white bristles like a traditional mascara, with alternating plastic bristles. I tend to like most Milani products but this mascara was a HUGE dissapointment. The main problem with it is that the plastic bristles are VERY sharp, they hurt! I couldn't apply this without feeling I was on the verge of poking my eye out. I have a Sonia Kashuk metal eyelash comb, and that's comparable to how sharp the bristles are. Also, when you pull the wand out of the tube, tons of mascara is on the end of the wand, resulting in a lot of waste. If they had made the plastic bristles softer, this might work. I would give this 0 lippies I could. Waste of $3.99!