October 21, 2014 | 1571 users online

Eye Primer - Make Up For Ever - Eye Prime

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this in North Carolina and Maine but once I moved to Florida I hated it. I found my eyeshadow did not stay for more then an hour outside. I had creasing and fading bunching it was just bleh I don't feel like Florida is much worse humidity wise then North Carolina but the move made a big shift in how my eyeshadow stayed I also have found this primer holds some brands of eyeshadow better. The package is okay I don't have an issue with the applicator or getting all the product out of the tube. I still keep this for trips to less humid and hot places but I won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lemiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wasn't impressed with this product. It was difficult to use the applicator, I had to use my finger. Didn't make my eyeshadow long lasting, it smudged off a few hours after application. Especially in humid weather, it smudged off even faster. It didn't make my skin breakout eventhough I have oily eyelids. It dries up fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by sniffer123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow! This worked really well for me! My eye make-up stays put until I wash it off! No creasing.
But drawback is the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kiefer5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go to eye primer and I use it everyday. I use to use cream eyeshadow as my base like Mac painterly paint pot and some Bobbi Brown Long wear but they can be drying and thick. Besides sometimes you just want no color underneath your powder eyeshadow. This never creases on me and I have oily eyelids.
Update:
This is starting to crease on me now after about 6 or 7 hours. I downgraded the score.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by lmad5989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wasn't impressed with this product. My eyeshadow still seemed to smudge off during the day. One good thing about this product, it didn't leave a greasy residue. It was clean, but I didn't believe it had an impact on my eyeshadow. The applicator was a bit hard to use, I had to put some on my finger to apply it to my eye lid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A Sephora MA recommended this product so I thought i would try it out... (I usually prefer UD Eye Primer)

HATE the packaging...it has an unsanitary wand that you use to apply the product and then put it back in the tube....

Small amount for a large price! $22 for .18 oz
Urban decay gives you .37 oz for $20

Product goes on smoothly, looks like nothing is on your eyelid after applying, stays all day and increases shadow wear. That said, i simply will not purchase again b/c of the packaging and amount you get for the money.

If the company considered changing the packaging to a tube and gave you more i would consider it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Asian monolid & oily eyes.. so double whammy!

HG status, probably one of only a handful of reviews to use the words HOLY GRAIL. Been there, done that w/ UD, TFSI, Etude Proof 10, ELF (regular and mineral), bases in pot form (MAC, Bobbi Brown), LORAC, NARS.

Hands down, this beats any of those above for stopping the creasing of my shadows for a work day (and that's what counts for me, I'm not looking for midnight of the same day... not that I'm up that late anymore w/out refreshing my makeup at some point). If I could not get the MUFE one easily, and knowing everything else just performs average, I would just purchase an ELF one to make do with until I got my MUFE Eye Prime replacement.

Update 3/1/13: For anyone who was traumatized over the price to amt ratiio, just found the NYX HD Eyeshadow Base $7 wand version (not the pot!) that works just as well!

Update 6/26/13: With the warmer, more humid weather coming in, MUFE is now beating NYX HD wand version or the Milani. So I'll switch btwn the 2 depending on the weather.

Update 10/10/13: WTF, I pulled out my MAC pro palette of Satin Taupe and Trax and major creasing by midday... I thought my tube was going bad. So starting to take notes:
MAC(Day 1 & 2) - creasing by mid day for 2 days in a row
Guerlain (Day 3) - 3:45pm, and little to no creasing. I HAD NO CLUE THAT DIFFERENT SHADOWS COULD CREASE.
Urban Decay - TBD
Inglot - TBD

If I find it's only MAC that's creasing, that might end my love affair w/ anymore of their eyeshadows. These will be interesting tests.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No