April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Lips - Giorgio Armani - Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

This is one of the best lippies I've ever used. It is highly pigmented and lasts 5+ hours. It is matte yet not drying, and applies easily like a gloss. It is reminiscent of YSL Glossy Stains in that it is a stain/lipstick/gloss, except it's not shiny. I do find that it wears better/longer than Glossy Stains.

The SA gave me this tip: apply it liberally as a first coat, then blot with tissue twice. Then apply a thin second later. That method works so well. It really doesn't budge.

I only have one color (504) but I will definitely be purchasing more. I get compliments on this every time I wear it. This is one of those high end products that really does deliver and is worth the extra money for the good pigmentation, longevity, and non-drying formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am about to make a second purchase of this product in a different shade. I have the Blush color now. It is a pinky/peach shade which works beautifully on my skin (NC15 for ref) and does not dry my lips while lasting over 6 hours -- with a pizza and drink thrown in.

It is super easy to carry around because of the beautiful tube casing. Yes, it might be a bit expensive and I am not to buy on names but on quality and performance.

this wand applies so smoothly and dries down to a lovely matte finish. I don't need a lip brush -- on days when I just want a soft blush with Blush no. 500, I will apply and then use my pinky.. and I get the loveliest long lasting stain.

looking for a red or raspberry shade now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

Great pigment and lasts forever! I have bought almost every colour. I'm obsessed

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing shade 402 (Gio).
This is a really interesting formula. It feels like a silicone primer, doesn't set, and is the most pigmented lip product I've ever used. INCREDIBLY pigmented-- even after I scrape off every molecule I can from the applicator (which is a great flexible, elongated doefoot), I still end up with a full oxblood-red mouth. Speaking of which, #402 is absolutely gorgeous. When applied in full, it doesn't seem to lean blue or red, just a very dark, slick crimson. But when blotted down, I think it pulls slightly blue; I have strong yellow tones causing many neutral colors appear cool on me, though. Still, it isn't noticeable enough to clash.
So it doesn't set. I'm trying to figure out the best way to work with this. Small specks tend to end up on my teeth even when I do the finger-pop or whatever. Some people have mentioned using a brush which I intend to try and then report back on. The upside of its refusal to dry down is that it doesn't suck moisture from my lips; it doesn't hydrate but I'm not craving lip balm after four hours either. Its wear time is around four hours and beyond that, it fades to an even, tough-to-remove cranberry stain. I don't notice any scent or flavor once applied.
So overall, I love the color, feel and wear time, while the non-setting aspect is a challenge at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim, without looking at reviews first like I usually do with luxury products.
First off, I must commend the staying power and good pigment of this creamy lipstick, packaged like lipgloss, and it's like none other I've tried before! It is true to the matte claim and looks beautiful on! Not drying, goes on smooth.

However, the fact that it comes off so easily (i mean so easy that you have the constant fear its on your teeth/face, all your food/drinks and clothes), makes me on on a few occasions think twice about putting it on for a night out. Yes, I have tried putting less on (only way it wont come off is by blotting almost all product off until you're left with a stain) which is still nice but it does not look nearly as good and so i may as well just use a regular red lipstick.

Verdict: Best matte lipstick I've found so far in terms of aesthetics, but fail in the usability arena. (maybe save for photoshoots, less practical events) (apologies for the long review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I feel like the people don't use this product correctly. You cant work it in your lips using the wand- you use the lip brush! Wand deposits way too much product and it just sits on the lips.

It is really interesting product, it applies like gloss, super pigmented but then it kinda dries down to a real velvet finish. Just wow. I have 402 colours which is warm red. The pigmentation (incredible) makes it easy for me to get more even shape to my lips without need to use lip pencil or trying to work in layers of lipstick. I already plan to buy more.

I would say its less drying than YSL glossy stains and they are definitely more sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by mysilentface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think there's another lip product like this on the market. The texture is very unique - applies a little glossy and dries to a matte finish. It literally feels like velvet too. I was a bit disappointed with it at first because it had a tendency to bleed and I had to reapply after about 3 hours. I later learned that using the wand to apply it was a result of this and it's best to use a lip brush. The wand doesn't allow you to work the color onto your lips like a brush can, which is key to getting the lasting power that the company claims. After switching to a lip brush, this stuff lasted 6+ hours without any bleeding (no lip liner needed). I even had greasy pizza and fried mozzarella sticks in between and my lips still looked fantastic by nights end. They're not cheap, but the quality is amazing so they're very much worth it in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Probably the worst lip product I've tried in years, from drugstore to high end. I was willing to pay for a long-wearing product for an event, so reluctantly shelled out the cash when a Sephora rep said this was the best. Unbelievably awful on me! It didn't set, bled, came off unevenly and didn't last longer than 10 minutes. Like other reviewers, it actually smeared off after several minutes of setting! It looked dry, cakey, unnatural and settled into lines I didn't know I had. I followed different instructions and really gave this a try- ie: letting it set for ages, primers, etc with no luck. Worrying that your pigmented lip product may migrate around your mouth is not a worry one should have, especially for so much cash. In contrast, Yves St. Laurent's glossy stain looks smooth, lasts for many hours, has fantastic shades and is totally dependable. I've also had better luck with recent Maybelline and Revlon products when I want to keep cost lower. Big, expensive fail for me! I haven't been so annoyed with a product for a long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:01:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

This is a beautifully creamy formulation. Does not seem to dry out the lips, lasts for hours. I found the applicator to be easy to use, no need for lip liner. When you put this on, it is like a traditional moist lipstick, I prefer to blot. As I don't like the feeling of lipstick and the transfer factor. Even when blotted, this still lasts for hours and leaves an even stain. So it fades nicely. I bought this in 500 (blush) and 501 (liberta/casual pink). 500 is a peachy pink nude, that I love for daytime. 501 is a soft raspberry, slightly bold for daytime for my light coloring, but would be gorgeous on medium to dark skintones.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by therealblonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so disappointed in this one! I had a friend buy it for me in the States because I was reading all these raves reviews, but now I'm sorry I spent the $$$. The color is gorgeous (I have the 400), and it's true, it doesn't dry out your lips. But it's slippery, it smears really easily, and comes off on everything, so much more than a lipstick or a gloss does. Worst of all: it creeps into the little lines of your mouth which I HATE. Not for me, unfortunately. I'm sticking to YSL's Glossy Stain.