November 27, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lips - Giorgio Armani - Lip Maestro Intense Velvet Color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by faaaabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this while wandering through Sephora one day and I am so glad that I got it! I bought this in 201 which is like a sexy dark red/wine color. Literally every time I wear this, I feel like a sultry vixen because it makes you look that SEXY. It's super pretty and lasts a fairly long time, but it does have a tendency to smudge. It also leaves a light stain on the lips after wiping it off and i guess that can get a lil bit annoying. But nonetheless, the finish is wonderful and velvety and it is totally worth every freaking penny!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Maryamyn

Love love love! Got two shades and I'm still waiting for for the third! Now with me is 502 😍 in deep pink and for my day to day application is 202 (nude) currently waiting to get my 503 😍💞

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by pk31

This has got to be one of my favorite lip products I have ever used!! The texture and pigmentation are amazing. The staying power is incredible, I can drink and eat all day and it stays put. Unlike every other matte lip product I have tried, Lip Maestro stays nice and velvety on my lips. A little goes a LONG way and you want to apply a very thin layer to avoid feathering. For best results, make sure to exfoliate your lips before application. It's on the pricier end of the spectrum of lip products at $33 a pop, but it is more than worth it if you want a product that lasts. This product's performance makes it worth every penny! I just wish there were even more shades to choose from!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by erdeva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*FACE OF AUSTRALIA make a good dupe of this (doesn't last as long or feel as smooth on the lips but it is pretty close in finish, texture and colors).

Lip maestro has a lovely color range. But I agree with one of the reviews below - 1 false move and this will end up in your teeth or face by accident. Smudges everywhere. Bought this for the reviews on lasting power but it does not stay on for longer than a few hours. The colors are far too vivid for me so I wear it blotted (and also because it smudges everywhere if I don't).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 402 (Chinese lacquer) and it's definitely one of my favorite lip products, I would definitely wear it everyday if it wasn't such a bright color. I have heard the neutral coloured lip maestros weren't as nice as the brightly coloured ones but I haven't got one so I can't compare. Armani lip products are definitely a favorite for me and beat out high and low end products alike (ysl, nyx, revlon, mac etc). // Pigmentation: absolutely wonderful, just swatch and you'll see the way the color glides onto your arm/hand 10/10 // Texture: so nice, at first it was glossy on my lips but once it settled it became nice and matte-ish. I didn't find this drying, it didn't settle into my lip lines or feather 9/10 // Wear: lasted for a good 5+ hours, I was able to eat and drink with this on -- it however DOES transfer and if you get it on your hands/skin if will stain it almost, it will take a bit of rubbing to remove (or just makeup remover)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

This is one of the best lippies I've ever used. It is highly pigmented and lasts 5+ hours. It is matte yet not drying, and applies easily like a gloss. It is reminiscent of YSL Glossy Stains in that it is a stain/lipstick/gloss, except it's not shiny. I do find that it wears better/longer than Glossy Stains.

The SA gave me this tip: apply it liberally as a first coat, then blot with tissue twice. Then apply a thin second later. That method works so well. It really doesn't budge.

I only have one color (504) but I will definitely be purchasing more. I get compliments on this every time I wear it. This is one of those high end products that really does deliver and is worth the extra money for the good pigmentation, longevity, and non-drying formula.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am about to make a second purchase of this product in a different shade. I have the Blush color now. It is a pinky/peach shade which works beautifully on my skin (NC15 for ref) and does not dry my lips while lasting over 6 hours -- with a pizza and drink thrown in.

It is super easy to carry around because of the beautiful tube casing. Yes, it might be a bit expensive and I am not to buy on names but on quality and performance.

this wand applies so smoothly and dries down to a lovely matte finish. I don't need a lip brush -- on days when I just want a soft blush with Blush no. 500, I will apply and then use my pinky.. and I get the loveliest long lasting stain.

looking for a red or raspberry shade now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Silfor

Great pigment and lasts forever! I have bought almost every colour. I'm obsessed

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm reviewing shade 402 (Gio).
This is a really interesting formula. It feels like a silicone primer, doesn't set, and is the most pigmented lip product I've ever used. INCREDIBLY pigmented-- even after I scrape off every molecule I can from the applicator (which is a great flexible, elongated doefoot), I still end up with a full oxblood-red mouth. Speaking of which, #402 is absolutely gorgeous. When applied in full, it doesn't seem to lean blue or red, just a very dark, slick crimson. But when blotted down, I think it pulls slightly blue; I have strong yellow tones causing many neutral colors appear cool on me, though. Still, it isn't noticeable enough to clash.
So it doesn't set. I'm trying to figure out the best way to work with this. Small specks tend to end up on my teeth even when I do the finger-pop or whatever. Some people have mentioned using a brush which I intend to try and then report back on. The upside of its refusal to dry down is that it doesn't suck moisture from my lips; it doesn't hydrate but I'm not craving lip balm after four hours either. Its wear time is around four hours and beyond that, it fades to an even, tough-to-remove cranberry stain. I don't notice any scent or flavor once applied.
So overall, I love the color, feel and wear time, while the non-setting aspect is a challenge at the moment.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by maiiiyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim, without looking at reviews first like I usually do with luxury products.
First off, I must commend the staying power and good pigment of this creamy lipstick, packaged like lipgloss, and it's like none other I've tried before! It is true to the matte claim and looks beautiful on! Not drying, goes on smooth.

However, the fact that it comes off so easily (i mean so easy that you have the constant fear its on your teeth/face, all your food/drinks and clothes), makes me on on a few occasions think twice about putting it on for a night out. Yes, I have tried putting less on (only way it wont come off is by blotting almost all product off until you're left with a stain) which is still nice but it does not look nearly as good and so i may as well just use a regular red lipstick.

Verdict: Best matte lipstick I've found so far in terms of aesthetics, but fail in the usability arena. (maybe save for photoshoots, less practical events) (apologies for the long review)