Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer

Aqua, Cyclomethicone, Alcohol Denat., Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower, Extract, Propylene Glycol, Acrylamide/Ammonium Acrylate Copolymer, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Isostearate, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, BHT, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Parfum

on 3/31/2015 6:06:00 PM

I love this product!
I have the sensitive version (the pink one), i bought it for around 4-5 pounds on sale (40-50 kr.) and I live in Denmark so that's cheap for 50 ml. I does what it says, I get a better finish and my makeup lasts longer. The only con is the packing, it's a glass bottle which makes i heavy to carry around... I much prefer tubs :) But other than that I am absolutely loving this product and will properly repurchase it once I run out.

on 3/14/2015 2:55:00 PM

This product is so under rated! I have dry skin and have tried everything to stop my foundation from going cakey or flaking after a few hours.
I have the dry and sensitive version of this primer and it's much better then the Bobby brown and smash box moisturising primers that I have tried before which give out after 4 hours.
You just let it sink into your skin after applying it on your face and then applying your foundation as normal.
Honestly this is now a must have product for me and my skin looks flawless when I use this as a base. The price is amazing too! It's defo worth trying for anyone with dry skin

on 3/4/2015 5:25:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It feels very cool and refreshing when you first apply it and it really does help to keep my makeup in place all day.

I use the type for dry skin and find that I can use this without a moisturiser if I'm in a rush or feeling lazy.

Great product, great price - I don't think I would ever use any other primer again!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Firstly, just want to say I don't think there's much difference between the version of this primer for sensitive/dry skin and the version for normal skin. They've both worked exactly the same for me.
I've had a lot of issues with makeup flaking off as I sometimes get very dry skin, but this primer helps a lot. My tip for people who are having trouble with it is to leave it to set on the skin for a little while. Once I've left it to "soak in" for a bit then I can basically apply makeup as if I don't have dry skin! My makeup stays on all day when I wear it, so I have no complaints, and have repurchased it a few times!

on 11/2/2014 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I honestly think this product sucks. I usually like NIVEA because it's good quality for a reasonable price and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but this primer is simply rubbish. First of all, it wasn't very hydrating - I even felt like it mattified my skin. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - I bet this works great for people with combination or oily skin, especially in the summer.

BUT the worst thing about this is that it rubs of when you put makeup on - I've tried this with BB cream on top, liquid foundation on top or powder foundation on top - there's always those little clumps coming of and it just doesn't look great. Not at all suitable as a primer. Would not repurchase.

on 10/28/2014 12:47:00 PM

This was one of the worst products I have tried in a while. I usually like Nivea products, which is why I have tried this one. I bought the one with a pink lid - for dry skin. However, this primer did everything but hydrate my skin. After an hour or so after applying the cream - even if not applying any make up - my skin was even drier than before I applied it. Not to mention that the primer starts peeling off when you put on foundation which makes it very difficult to evenly apply your make up.
During the three weeks while I was using this product (before I finally threw it away) my face pores got really clogged and my skin was in much worse state and drier than usual (I usually have pretty clean skin). As I didn't change any other face products during this time I blame it on this hydration primer.

on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM

Really good primer, made my foundation look so much better and last longer, also made me skin really soft. Only bad thing was that it stings a little on my skin and makes it go slightly red, but that might be just me.

on 3/7/2014 8:18:00 PM

I bought this product a while ago as I had never used a primer before and trusting Nivea I decided to give it a go (also it had just been released over here making it cheaper ;) ) so anyways I bought it and I have to say it smells FANTASTIC! I applied it to my face the next day before putting on my foundation and it went on really well, made my skin feel soft and ready for the day ahead and i have to say it works wonders! Not only did my makeup glide on swiftly but it helped my makeup stay put all day which was exactly what i had hoped it would do, the best thing the packaging and product comes in twp ranges, blue packaging for normal skin and pink packaging for dry skin ( I opted for the dry skin as this is my skin type) and it can also be used as a daily moisturiser as a quick pick me up in the mornings. I would definatly recommend getting this product.

Love,
Emma x

on 1/16/2014 10:54:00 AM

I recently purchased the Bourjois Happy Light matte Primer to go with the Happy Light foundation. It was awful so I decided to try this Nivea one as it was on offer at Superdrug for around £5. It's absolutely fantastic. Smells gorgeous, goes on silky smooth and a little goes a long long way! No flaking/peeling. This will last for ages. I was going to purchase a higher end brand such as Benefit/Urban Decay but will be purchasing this instead.

on 10/19/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect little 2 in 1 product!! Does exactly what it says on the tin and its so refreshing! A little goes a long way and its now a part of my daily make up routine. Don't know where I would be without it and everyone I have recommended it to have commented on how surprised they were that I worked for them! Probably best for dry skin types x