December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Nivea - Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by thehybridmind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly think this product sucks. I usually like NIVEA because it's good quality for a reasonable price and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, but this primer is simply rubbish. First of all, it wasn't very hydrating - I even felt like it mattified my skin. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - I bet this works great for people with combination or oily skin, especially in the summer.

BUT the worst thing about this is that it rubs of when you put makeup on - I've tried this with BB cream on top, liquid foundation on top or powder foundation on top - there's always those little clumps coming of and it just doesn't look great. Not at all suitable as a primer. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by majaclovek

This was one of the worst products I have tried in a while. I usually like Nivea products, which is why I have tried this one. I bought the one with a pink lid - for dry skin. However, this primer did everything but hydrate my skin. After an hour or so after applying the cream - even if not applying any make up - my skin was even drier than before I applied it. Not to mention that the primer starts peeling off when you put on foundation which makes it very difficult to evenly apply your make up.
During the three weeks while I was using this product (before I finally threw it away) my face pores got really clogged and my skin was in much worse state and drier than usual (I usually have pretty clean skin). As I didn't change any other face products during this time I blame it on this hydration primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Rubytaylorx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good primer, made my foundation look so much better and last longer, also made me skin really soft. Only bad thing was that it stings a little on my skin and makes it go slightly red, but that might be just me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this product a while ago as I had never used a primer before and trusting Nivea I decided to give it a go (also it had just been released over here making it cheaper ;) ) so anyways I bought it and I have to say it smells FANTASTIC! I applied it to my face the next day before putting on my foundation and it went on really well, made my skin feel soft and ready for the day ahead and i have to say it works wonders! Not only did my makeup glide on swiftly but it helped my makeup stay put all day which was exactly what i had hoped it would do, the best thing the packaging and product comes in twp ranges, blue packaging for normal skin and pink packaging for dry skin ( I opted for the dry skin as this is my skin type) and it can also be used as a daily moisturiser as a quick pick me up in the mornings. I would definatly recommend getting this product.

Love,
Emma x

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Beautybaloo

I recently purchased the Bourjois Happy Light matte Primer to go with the Happy Light foundation. It was awful so I decided to try this Nivea one as it was on offer at Superdrug for around £5. It's absolutely fantastic. Smells gorgeous, goes on silky smooth and a little goes a long long way! No flaking/peeling. This will last for ages. I was going to purchase a higher end brand such as Benefit/Urban Decay but will be purchasing this instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Enp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect little 2 in 1 product!! Does exactly what it says on the tin and its so refreshing! A little goes a long way and its now a part of my daily make up routine. Don't know where I would be without it and everyone I have recommended it to have commented on how surprised they were that I worked for them! Probably best for dry skin types x

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by catiewynne

I really like Nivea so gave this a go but was disappointed as when I applied my foundation (even after waiting a few minutes) is started to peel/flake. I ended up tossing it after 3 attempts. Even if I would only wear the primer with no make up it left a filmy feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by EternalBeauty786

When i opened this product i did think the packaging was slightly smaller that it appears on the pictures, however there is A lot of product in there and for £4's its rather much. Ive only ever used No7 primer, and have used that for a couple of years. But when i saw this i decided to give it a go. Well... It smelly gorgeously luxurious, infact the scent is just lovely, i personally really love the smell and have been using it as a hand cream too, its just mmm.
I can only compare this to my previous No7 Primer, and it is very different. The No7 leaves a completely matt smooth finish and is more like a thick creme. But this one is more of a gel, it absorbs oil and moistures at the same time, leaves a lovely cooling sensation as its drying and the air sweeps your face. i use this after moisturising and the two go well together, creating a dewy finish even without having applied make up. Not that I'm implying going without makeup is fine with me, its not. After having applied make up, this sits nicely, it almost creates a barrier between yours skin and foundation which i must say is sensationally noticiable. I really like that. I will definitely repurchase especially as the scent is just wonderful

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Hermione87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't like this at all! It's a bit slimey and flaked off when I applied my foundation. Can't see any result of it lasting all day long. And my face didn't really seem" hydrated" with it on. Definitely wouldn't buy it again. Only good thing is that it was quite cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MISSKAUR88

Great 2 in 1 product, moisturiser and primer, for me it lasts 8 hours plus, holds make up well, just as good as top end primers for the fraction of the price, soaks into skin very quickly, ideal for everyday use in the morning. Will be purchasing again.