July 30, 2014 | 1538 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Aqualabel Deep Clear Oil Cleansing

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not a big fan of this cleansing oil as it broke me out very badly. I persisted for 2 weeks but I got cystic acne after cystic acne popping up and I had to stop because it was too painful.

First of all, this product is heavily perfumed. It's a nice scent but it is pretty strong and was a bit overwhelming. Second, this oil felt "funny" to me and it's kind of hard to describe how. The average oil cleansers feel slick and oily and when you apply to your face, your fingers just glide over your skin. This cleanser was oily but in a "dry" kind of way. When I was massaging my face with it, I felt like I could feel every pore/pimple on my skin and the whole thing just didn't feel like other oil cleansers I have tried before. When I emulsified with water, the cleanser came off easily enough but it left my skin feeling dry (but not tight). I think the closest thing I can liken it to is the feeling of touching your skin when your hand is all wrinkly from being in water too long.

Now I'm not sure if I just reacted to the cleanser or if it was because it was autumn when I started using it (air was turning dry and cold) but this wrecked havoc on my face. The packaging certainly looks nice (I really do like the clear blue look) and the pump works well at dispensing the product, but it's a no-go for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes it says "oil cleansing" on the bottle not " cleansing oil". This is the cleansing oil that I'm referring to in my reviews for mascaras. Very effective for removing Kiss Me and MJ mascaras.
I put one pump on a cotton pad and place that on my eye for about 20 seconds, that takes off most of my eye makeup. For removing mascara, I run a brush over the cotton pad along my lash line and that will dislodge all the mascara. The cleansing oil needs to be emulsified to be cleaned off, so I usually wipe with damp cotton pads to make sure that the eye area is completely clean.

The cleansing oil is supposed to work for all waterproof makeup. However, I tend not to use it for removing face makeup. I find the emulsifying part too troublesome and if not done correctly, leaves a sticky residue on the face. I would rather use a remover that just requires rinsing.

There's a strong rose fragrance typical of all the products in the aqualabel line.
I'm using it just as an eye makeup remover so it has lasted a long time, definitely more then 6 months. Can't remember the actual price but it's cheaper than the hada labo one.and since it has lasted for such a long time, i think it's great value for money.Definitely going to repurchase.