July 25, 2014 | 1246 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Kohl Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by aknakano

Formula: Unlike some of the other reviewers, I actually didn't have a huge problem with the product being too hard. (On the other hand, I can't say I am surprised; the quality of ELF products tends to be inconsistent.) Mine went on smoothly and not painfully. The application was actually quite nice.

However like the other reviewers were saying, it did not have much staying power. Even with some primer, it transferred from my lash line to just above my eyes. It was such a complete transfer, that it looked like someone just tried to circle my eyes. Not what I want out of an eyeliner.

Packaging: I think the packaging for this has a mix of weak and strong points. Overall I think the packaging looks sleek, like most of their other Studio products. I like that the cap is a pencil sharpener, but I have some trouble keeping it from falling off. I like that there is a smudger, but I think it is too big.

Overall I think this product has potential, and with a few tweaks to the formula and packaging, I might have been willing to make this an everyday go-to.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been loving E.L.F. tools lately so I decided to see if my love transferred to a product... but I really wish I hadn't started with this liner. I dislike the consistency, the way it applies, the difficulty in smudging, and the cap with the sharpener won't even stay on. There's really no redeeming quality in this. It WAS super cheap, so I guess if you're strapped & in desperate need of black liner... no. Just get wet n wild, you'll be better off.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

K this eyeliner sucks. Like there are literally no good points to it in the slightest. In fact, I'm almost convinced that this thing got mixed up with a shipment of pencils or something. Like it's so incredibly hard, I think I would have an easier time getting a legit pencil to rub off on me. It hurts swatching it on the back of my hand, let alone on my eyeballs. I wouldn't know how the staying power is because I've never actually been able to get any on my eyes. The smudger on the other end is large and awkward and smells like an eraser, actually, which supports my pencil theory even more, huh!?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ham1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My eyes get really watery because of allergies. This was a mistake. I tried to line the bottom lash line and water line, but I had to keep going over it multiple times to try to get some color (with black), and when I finally did, it didn't last very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by naddy14

I was happy when i purchase this product. I love the pencil looks very sleek and i kinda like the size. I like the texture of the pencil and the intensity of the black.
but i was disappointed with this product. I thought it might work on the waterline since its a kohl liner. I wore it out and it smudges like crazy after 2 hours! Good thing it's cheap so i cant really go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dawny0826

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this product recenty and I've been using it and really like it. It's a black, kohl liner. it comes in really neat packaging - as most of the E.L.F. studio line products do. Some of their products have a very "NARS-esque" packaging appeal to them and this is one of those products.

I paid $3.00 or less for this jumbo khol pencil and I think the packaging is what makes this such a great buy - as you have a generous amount of kohl pencil on one end and the cap to the pencil has a built in sharpner and it's of good quality.

The other end of the pencil has a smudger and you can remove the lid to that if you wnat and use that over the pencil itself, if you're storing the pencil in your bag and don't want any left over shavings from the sharpner cap to get into to your purse or bag.

As far as quality, this is a great pencil. Goes on smoothe. Blends easy. My only gripe with it is that it's a little waxy in consistency, which doesn't usually impact it's wearability except when my eyes are a little watery.

If my eyes are watery - this isn't a pencil that will deposit at all over moisture. It's not exactly ideal for a moist water line, though I haven't had any trouble with it for general lining and smudging as long as my eyes aren't watering...

I'd buy it again, because of the packaging and the value. But, I would like to see it offered in an array of colors.