April 18, 2014 | 1700 users online

Scrubs - Orange peel powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I am happy I am not the only one that tried this!!
But I use it in another way: I take an orange, I wash it very well, I peel it and I use the white part of the peel on my face massaging my T-zone.
My blackheads come to surface and then I am having a facial.
It smells great, it is all natural, it is fun, and it makes my skin glow and clear!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by aksharad

I'm surprised to find that there's absolutely nothing about orange peel powder on MUA. It is actually a fantastic exfoliant for both your face and body. Here are some details:

Oranges are extremely rich in vitamin C, which acts as a good astringent and makes your skin glow, works well on spots, pigmentation, dullness and makes skin smooth. It evens your skin tone as well.

So basically you need the outer peels of oranges. let them dry (preferably in the sun) till they are hard and feel sort of crisp. Then grind them in any food precessor to a powdery state. It will smell beautiful and citrusy. And there you have it! You can combine the powder with a lot of things according to your skin type and make your scrub.

People with dry skin can use yogurt, honey and/or milk. And if you have oily skin, you can combine the orange peel powder with rose water, lemon juice or even plain water will work!

Once you have your combination set, you can directly use it to exfoliate your face and/or body. For your face, you can even use it as a face mask first, and then exfoliate your skin while washing it off.

Some things to kee in mind:

1. Once you have prepared the powder, make sure you store it in an air tight container.

2. If your skin is sensitive, grind the peels to a very very fine consistency so that you don't experience any irritation.

3. If you think that the powder is too grainy or something, then do not worry, the liquid base which you'll be using will soften it considerably.

So that's that! Do give it a try :)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No