November 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This wash really makes my face feel clean and takes off all of the makeup my cleansing towelettes may have left behind.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by carolynbennett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is super gentle, doesn't strip your face, but it just doesn't do anything for my acne like my HG cetaphil does. Nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kicko719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only been using this product for a little bit, so it might be a little earl for a review. That begin said, in all honesty I think it's a very average face wash. I use it in the morning and my face tends to feel nice for the rest of the day. Since I don't use it for makeup removal, I can't comment on its effectiveness in that department. Although I will say that it does not claim to remove makeup and I would never use it for eye makeup removal, so I find it worrisome that people are commenting about that. I have normal skin that tends to be on the dry side, so I find that I can't use this in combination with acne medicine. At the same time, when I don't use it with acne medication, my skin doesn't feel overly dry. Overall it's a really nice face wash, but I don't really fell that it's much different than some other similar cleansers on the market. If you don't want to spend the money, Cetaphil for oily skin might do the trick just as well. Did get on sale though for $7 so look out for that. I may post another review after I use it a little more :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Ahya146

Overall the product was good in removing oil and make up, but after using it for 3 months, it didn't do anything to make my skin look clearer and brighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by nknier

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the entire bottle of this cleanser and I felt that overall, this cleanser was fairly good. I have combination skin and so this cleanser was great for cleaning away the oils and removing makeup without drying out my skin. However, I felt that it wasn't that great in terms of clearing up present blemishes. I used this cleanser with the Clarasonic and felt that the "lotion" texture wasn't that compatible with the Clarasonic in comparison to a gel cleanser. I do recommend this cleanser for someone who wants a gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out the skin and doesn't have many skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not used to this kind of cleanser, but I'm really starting to like it. It doesn't lather, so it's difficult to know how much product you need in the beginning, but you get a hang of it eventually.

I have combination/oily skin, but not acne prone, so this is great for my type of skin. I just massage it on to my entire face and then wipe it off with a cotton pad. I finish with the Seaweed Toner and my face feels super fresh and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Adversely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I mainly used The Body Shop's "tea tree" line but I found it was drying out my skin, especially in the winter months. I went to my local Body Shop and asked the sales associate which product would be best for me and explained the problem that I had with the tea tree line. She recommended that I try the Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser.

To be honest, I wasn't at all excited to use it. It is a cream cleanser and I never really liked cream cleaners. I decided to take a chance on the product because it came in a "bundle" (seaweed cream cleanser, seaweed toner, and seaweed moisturizer) for 30 dollars.

I started using this as my morning facial cleansing routine the next day. I decided to continue to use the tea tree products as my nightly routine. Using both the seaweed and the tea tree products on a daily basis have really helped clear my skin. I have used the seaweed cleanser as my morning cleansing routine for over six months. It worked wonders in the winter, my skin was no longer dry!

I really do like this product. You don't need a large amount of product to wash your face, (even though it doesn't lather), so the bottle probably lasted me about half a year. I did not break out while using it, I love the smell, so would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by nanadinside

I asked the lady in the Body Shop whether I have to choose this or the tea tree one because I got oily skin but not acne prone. She told me to get this one. It was pricey for me, but I thought it'll worth it. I was wrong. It burns my skin, and I thought it was because my skin was exfoliating due to the usage of retionic acid. But as I see there are so may ppl complaining the same, the fault is not on my skin. It doesn't remove make up completely, I need to clean my face twice or even three times to get it totally clean, and again, it burns like hell when I apply it more than once. That isn't the worst part. I've been using this only less than a week, and now I have small red bumps here and there, and pimples on my chin, cheek. HORRIBLE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't work. It didn't help me with my acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really for me. It couldn't remove all my mascara, it stung my eyes a little and it smelt like sea breeze, which isn't really for me. It is an okay product, not amazing. I Will not buy again as it is not worth the price.