April 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 8:42:00 AM More reviews by jealouspony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not used to this kind of cleanser, but I'm really starting to like it. It doesn't lather, so it's difficult to know how much product you need in the beginning, but you get a hang of it eventually.

I have combination/oily skin, but not acne prone, so this is great for my type of skin. I just massage it on to my entire face and then wipe it off with a cotton pad. I finish with the Seaweed Toner and my face feels super fresh and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Adversely

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I mainly used The Body Shop's "tea tree" line but I found it was drying out my skin, especially in the winter months. I went to my local Body Shop and asked the sales associate which product would be best for me and explained the problem that I had with the tea tree line. She recommended that I try the Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser.

To be honest, I wasn't at all excited to use it. It is a cream cleanser and I never really liked cream cleaners. I decided to take a chance on the product because it came in a "bundle" (seaweed cream cleanser, seaweed toner, and seaweed moisturizer) for 30 dollars.

I started using this as my morning facial cleansing routine the next day. I decided to continue to use the tea tree products as my nightly routine. Using both the seaweed and the tea tree products on a daily basis have really helped clear my skin. I have used the seaweed cleanser as my morning cleansing routine for over six months. It worked wonders in the winter, my skin was no longer dry!

I really do like this product. You don't need a large amount of product to wash your face, (even though it doesn't lather), so the bottle probably lasted me about half a year. I did not break out while using it, I love the smell, so would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by nanadinside

I asked the lady in the Body Shop whether I have to choose this or the tea tree one because I got oily skin but not acne prone. She told me to get this one. It was pricey for me, but I thought it'll worth it. I was wrong. It burns my skin, and I thought it was because my skin was exfoliating due to the usage of retionic acid. But as I see there are so may ppl complaining the same, the fault is not on my skin. It doesn't remove make up completely, I need to clean my face twice or even three times to get it totally clean, and again, it burns like hell when I apply it more than once. That isn't the worst part. I've been using this only less than a week, and now I have small red bumps here and there, and pimples on my chin, cheek. HORRIBLE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It doesn't work. It didn't help me with my acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ROFLsmacker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not really for me. It couldn't remove all my mascara, it stung my eyes a little and it smelt like sea breeze, which isn't really for me. It is an okay product, not amazing. I Will not buy again as it is not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Vickybliss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what prompted me to buy this, but it made me break out and the fragrance (light as it is) stung around my mouth. I think it's the linalool my skin didn't like. Sensitive-skinned people, I would steer clear. I examined each and every cleanser in their store and I couldn't find any product that DIDN'T have my triggers (shea butter, excess oils and extracts, and coconut derived ingredients). Those of you with better skin than I might have better luck.

Plus the saleslady was a boo about the return, but that isn't influencing my review. It just makes me not want to shop there for any other products, despite their nice sales and easy availability.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

This stuff makes my combination skin feel sooo soft. It's a really good product to be used as a cleanser. I haven't seen any fault in it, except the price. It is pretty pricey, and the cleanser will run out fast if you do a daily routine, unless you change the cleansers up. But I don't, so this stuff is running out pretty quick.
This is a great product, but I wish it could be cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by rachelxelizabeth

I think this is great for what it is. It's a very gentle cleanser, I use it along with the seaweed today and face lotion and my face is super soft and clean :) I'll repurchase if I can't find something better.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I told the lady at The Body Stop that I have oily and acne prone skin, and she told me to get this cleanser, and it's okay. But this really dried out my skin which is almost impossible because I'm so oily! I really don't know how that happened. Even though my skin got dry and flaky, my skin would still get oily during the day so it was a really weird situation. It just didn't work for my skin. It is probably better if it isn't used daily, maybe that's where I went wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by sho52

A friend recommended this product to me when I had very bad acne back in my freshmen year of college. I would get very bad break outs with a forehead full of pimples. This was the ONLY cleanser that actually calmed my skin and made it better. I used it every night before bed. My skin looked so much better after a month.

I've been using this product for about 3 years now. I'm no longer getting any control for zits. It may be because my skin is so use to it, but it's the only cleanser that helps my combo skin stay matte and less greasy.

This product honestly doesn't do a good job at removing make up. It helps with LIGHT make-up, but if you're the type to use heavy foundation and waterproof mascara, this isn't the product you would want to use.