The Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate (Absorbent/Anticaking Agent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polysorbate 60 (Surfactant), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack Extract) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

Nope - didn't like this one tiny little bit! It has a horrible consistency (thick and milky, which put me in mind of some VERY unpleasant things), it did nothing for my skin when I used it except making it feel like I hadn't washed it at all and it smelt way too strong for my liking.

I usually rate TBS; they do some of my favourite products including their body butters, shower gels and body scrubs, but this is a real let down. I looked at the ingredient list for this product and was genuinely astounded to see four - yes, FOUR - parabens; Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Propylparaben. It also has a lot of fragrance ingredients in it, which may go some way to explaining the overpowering scent it has.

As a company that prides itself on Fair Trade working, natural ingredients and being against cruelty, it astounds me that TBS are still using this amount of parabens (all of which are labelled as preservatives on the label) in one product. I definitely wouldn't use this again given my experiences with it, but also because of the high amount of chemicals.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

What is in this cleanser?!?! It smells nice, has great packaging but the moment I put this on my face it burns like nothing I have ever used before. It is impossible for me to leave on my fave so I immediately have to get it off with a washcloth, and my skin is left looking red and irritated. Will never repurchase and I would not recommend this to anyone with even slightly sensitive skin.

You ladies did read the directions, correct ?. You put the LOTION on your face, massage around and WIPE off with a clean dry cloth. No water is involved. It is not a wet your face, massage in , and wash off product ..Just an FYI. Works awesome for me :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

this product is now part of my morning skincare routine! I love this cleanser because it doesn't strip your skin, but removes unnecessary oils (and most makeup products too) the smell isn't my favourite, but it doesn't smell terrible either. in addition to this cleanser, I also recommend using the toner and day cream. a little on the expensive side, but it is so worth it if you have oily or acne-prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This wash really makes my face feel clean and takes off all of the makeup my cleansing towelettes may have left behind.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is super gentle, doesn't strip your face, but it just doesn't do anything for my acne like my HG cetaphil does. Nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've only been using this product for a little bit, so it might be a little earl for a review. That begin said, in all honesty I think it's a very average face wash. I use it in the morning and my face tends to feel nice for the rest of the day. Since I don't use it for makeup removal, I can't comment on its effectiveness in that department. Although I will say that it does not claim to remove makeup and I would never use it for eye makeup removal, so I find it worrisome that people are commenting about that. I have normal skin that tends to be on the dry side, so I find that I can't use this in combination with acne medicine. At the same time, when I don't use it with acne medication, my skin doesn't feel overly dry. Overall it's a really nice face wash, but I don't really fell that it's much different than some other similar cleansers on the market. If you don't want to spend the money, Cetaphil for oily skin might do the trick just as well. Did get on sale though for $7 so look out for that. I may post another review after I use it a little more :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Overall the product was good in removing oil and make up, but after using it for 3 months, it didn't do anything to make my skin look clearer and brighter.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used the entire bottle of this cleanser and I felt that overall, this cleanser was fairly good. I have combination skin and so this cleanser was great for cleaning away the oils and removing makeup without drying out my skin. However, I felt that it wasn't that great in terms of clearing up present blemishes. I used this cleanser with the Clarasonic and felt that the "lotion" texture wasn't that compatible with the Clarasonic in comparison to a gel cleanser. I do recommend this cleanser for someone who wants a gentle cleanser that doesn't dry out the skin and doesn't have many skin problems.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not used to this kind of cleanser, but I'm really starting to like it. It doesn't lather, so it's difficult to know how much product you need in the beginning, but you get a hang of it eventually.

I have combination/oily skin, but not acne prone, so this is great for my type of skin. I just massage it on to my entire face and then wipe it off with a cotton pad. I finish with the Seaweed Toner and my face feels super fresh and smooth.