Clio Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

on 4/2/2015 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's of one of the best asian brand eyeliner that i ever used. i've been long time using NARS long time ago, but it is so pricey. Clio eyeliner is very reasonable due to the price.
Love the black color but it is not that thick BLACK light NARS. it is also come with the free o'tank mascara in the box.
This eyeliner even is a lil' bit soft and not thick at all, it non smudeproof and waterproof. Sometimes i use it more than 8 hours, but it still well.

it easy to wipe it off with eye makeup remover.
if you are looking for reasonable drugstore eyeliner, you can try this one from Clio.

on 2/24/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been a liquid eyeliner user for over 20 years and have mainly used Chanel or Lancome. I have tried gel liners and all different brands of liquid liners and I just accepted that they would all give me raccoon eye. Literally, I keep Q Tips in my purse to clean up under my eyes. Clio is amazing and I use it everyday and NO RACCOON EYES. I use to line my upper and lower lids and it stays forever until remove it. I live in heat and humidity and it still does not move. Excellent and I have finally found a liquid liner after 20+years of searching.

on 2/17/2015 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My every day eyeliner!!!

This stuff is amazing. Just so many reasons why I love this eyeliner. Colour payoff is amazing. It is soooo dark and gives a clean sleek finish. Easy to draw a nice wing with the fine tip. I love how we can just shake the pen to get more of the ink out. Although consistency may not be the same after a stroke once I've used it many many times, I can just reapply it over and make it darker.

Alsoooo the dark black colour stays forever!! At least for more than 8 hours. Was pleasantly surprised to it still black. Product doesnt smudge too! Loveee. Have rebought this severeal times at a discounted price. Original price in my country is about $22-23?? :'(

on 11/7/2014 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was pretty disappointed in this eyeliner due to the hype. In reality, it's a fine eyeliner--application is easy and wear-time is about that of most drugstore eyeliners. But the color isn't what I'd call "black:" it's more of a dark grey, and the wings flaked off pretty fast. Was it worth $15? Not in my experience.

on 8/25/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've finally found an eyeliner that is affordable and will not smudge, transfer or fade from my super oily eyelids!! This eyeliner is amazing for the price paid! I've tried many liquid liners(from drugstore to high end), always trying to find one that is super black and most importantly, stays on my lids all day without smudging. For reference, it's better than Shu Uemura's calligraph liner (which I've been lusting after for ages) in terms of price and longevity.

For the first time in my life, I've found it! With one stroke I can get a really black line, which is always a good thing. Plus, the brush tip can draw really fine lines. The packaging is straightforward and simple, making it easy to carry around in my pocket if needed.

The eyeliner stays on all day, even if I tear up or get oily. However, the only downside to this product that I can find is that at the end of the day when my lids are oily, I just have to rub on the liner to remove it. It'll come off in black flakes. It doesn't budge if I don't touch it with my hands at all though, so I really don't mind this part. This liner has become a must have item for me and I'll definitely repurchase it when I run out, or stock up if there's a sale. If you've got oily lids like mine, do give this a try!

on 8/21/2014 5:10:00 PM

Amazing Product. Great Price. Hard to find.... The thing is, I like the Kill Black Waterproof PEN Liner more. It is more pigmented and intense than the brush liner. With the brush liner, I was able to get a perfect, defined, and extremely clean eye line. The brush liner is easier for those who are beginners with liquid liner. It is extremely easy to apply, and easy to fix if you mess up (Q-tips are a girl's best makeup friend). In addition, the formulation and ingredients are ideal for people with sensitive eyes. Would definitely use it again, and recommend it to my friends.

on 7/7/2014 11:31:00 AM

I had heard such amazing things about this eyeliner and wanted to love it. Sadly, it is not waterproof and ends up under my eyes by 3 h. I used it with and without eye primer (UDPP and NARS) and I get the same result.

What I love: It's really easy to use, even for someone who is not skilled at applying eyeliner. I was able to get an extremely sharp line, which can be made thicker if you use the sides. It is very pigmented and only one pass is needed to get a dark, opaque line. It goes on smoothly, too. No tugging whatsoever.

However, as I mentioned above, it smudges quickly, even if I use an eyelid primer. I had full-blown panda eyes by 6 h. By 8 h, it's a lost cause. Another problem I noticed was that it runs out quickly. After 3 months, the pen started to dry up. And I didn't use it everyday.

The Bobbi Brown ink liner works better for me, IMO. With eye primer, it doesn't smudge until well after the 8 h mark. It has the same type of felt tip as the Clio eyeliner, so it's just as easy to use. However, the Bobbi Brown ink liner isn't as pigmented as Clio, so you need to make multiple passes to get an opaque black line.

on 7/2/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is pretty equivalent to Stila's Stay All Day liner, which I used previously for years and which is nice but not perfect as far as color intensity and longevity. Better than many but nothing I'd go out of my way to buy again, as the tube dries out a lot faster than Stila's.

In general I like this kind of felt tip. Good product dispersion, very soft and thin, and a nice quick alternative to gel for travel or busy mornings.

on 4/20/2014 12:53:00 AM

Pros: Excellent intensity of colour, easy to use, and a relatively sharp tip
Cons: Dries up quickly in the tube and on the brush and takes a little bit longer to dry

I had such high hopes for this liquid liner. When I first used it, I immediately elevated it to HG status, as it was more intensely coloured and had a slightly thinner tip than my HG, Heroine Make. There was absolutely no need to go over a line and potentially make it thicker by accident to make it black enough.

Five months down the road, I started finding little clumps on the brush tip, thinking it was just my foundation, powder, eyeshadow, and primer clogging up the eyeliner. So I start using it just by itself, i.e., no shadow, no primer, just eyeliner, but the same thing was happening. Heroine Make had never given me any issues with clumps on the brush tip.

Finally, I figured out it was just drying up and drying up very inconveniently in that the liquid would sometimes come out and then fail halfway through drawing my line and little clumps would form.

My Heroine Make liner is still going strong after a year (I know, I should throw it out!), so by comparison Clio is a disappointment. I wouldn't want to bring it on a trip unless it was brand new because of the possibility of it drying out.

If I lived in a place where sourcing Clio was easy, this wouldn't be that much of an issue. But I don't and Heroine Make is a lot easier to source, so Clio isn't my HG.

Overall, I'd buy again for its colour payoff, but its low price isn't that economical considering it dries up so quickly and inconveniently. Not my HG, but pretty good.

on 3/2/2014 12:58:00 AM

Why I like this eyeliner:
It has a thin brush with very deep black ink that is pretty waterproof. Easy to use.

Why I don't:
It dries up pretty quickly.

I've purchased this item twice, and it lasted about 3-4 months each time (without daily use) I would still repurchase this because I have yet to find a better eyeliner, but I'm on the lookout!