Clio Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

4.2

This eyeliner has changed my life.

Years ago, if you told me my HG eyeliner would be a pen liner, I would have scoffed and not believed you. See, the thing is, my eyes are super sensitive and even more so when I'm trying to poke at my lashline with pointy objects. Prior to this, I was using a gel-cream eyeliner, which was a horrible experience since my eyes are fussy when dealing with brushes.

I chose this product as an exchange item because I figured, hey what the hell, if it sucks as well, I'll never wear eyeliner for the rest of my life. Maybe it was a sign because it ended up being on sale so I had to pay a little bit extra for it. Honestly, the blackness of the color as well as the lasting power, when I tested the eyeliner, motivated me.

I've been wearing it for a few months now and, wow, it has changed my outlook of this particular pen liner. My eyes don't freak out when I touch the tip to my skin and it stays on for hours and hours. Sweat? No problem. Oiliness? Never an issue. I'm majorly impressed and I hope that Clio won't reformulate or discontinue this product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my holy grail of holy grails. If I could buy one eyeliner for the rest of my life-this would be it. My eyelids are super oily and NOTHING I've ever bought it the past could make it an hour without smudging. This lasts the whole day perfectly and I've gotten so many complements on my cat eye because of how precise the brush is. If you've had a bad experience with eyeliners like me (I'd sworn off liners-gel, pen, pencil before Clio), then don't hesitate to buy this because it might change your life. The price is a little bit high for a small pen but you can get it on ebay for around 15$ which is still pretty good.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

So I paid a visit to South Korea and went crazy for their beauty products. I bought this on a recommendation from a website about Korean beauty products, and I was pretty excited to try it out. It has a beautiful, sharp thin line which is very easy to control. I like to line my eyes with a very thin line so this was good for that. I also liked the intensity of the colour - it is very black and opaque. The problem I have with this product is the lasting power. It doesn't last through the day on me and has flaked quite often, with people even commenting on the fact that it has transferred to below my eye or smudged, which can be embarrassing. So don't believe the hype that this lasts all day.

Having said that, it is better than the other liquid eyeliners I have tried (which is not very many... I usually use a dark powder eyeshadow to line my eyes because I prefer to subtle look and because it doesn't transfer. I hate smudged eyes). Still looking for the perfect one as I have gotten bolder with my makeup of late and want something for a dramatic eye especially for evening. Sadly, this is also not widely available to me where I live, so I will probably not repurchase or jump through hoops to track it down when my current pen dries out. If only it stayed as beautiful as it is when it's freshly applied!

If you have oily lids and teary eyes, this is it. No running, flaking, or smearing at all. Best eyeliner I have ever tried, regardless of origin, its thin tip is easy to use and the color is very black.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

wow I'm soooo happy because I have been searching for a prefect eyeliner for quite some time now and because of my oily eyelids nothing seemed to be very good. I mean I experienced fading, smudging and eyeliner cracking off into little black pieces (ew) and I thought I would never find a good eyeliner. Then I heard about Asian eyeliners and so I tried Dollywink and K Palette which everyone raves about. However as I wasn't completely happy with either (Dollywink fades away and K Palette smudges by the end of the day) I decided to give this a go and man am I glad I did because it is just brilliant. I prime my eyelids with NARS eye primer and then apply eyeshadow (sometimes even cheaper drugstore eyeshadows) and my eyeliner lasts all day long from 7am- 1am at night. I'm amazed with this product tbh and I now I have about 3 which I use in rotation. Also eyeshadow does tend to stick to the brush which makes it hard to get any eyeliner out but the solution is to use a makeup remover wipe and wipe the brush over to get the ink flowing again. Plus this is soooo much easier to apply to the eyelids than most other liquid eyeliners which I always find have huge brushes so you end up with ink everywhere.

I just don't understand how this doesn't have more reviews as for me this is the best liquid eyeliner and I have tried and I have tried so many including: Dollywink, K palette, Kanebo Kate super sharp, Kiss Me Heroine Make pen liner, Etude house liner, Estee Lauder liquid eyeliner, Lord and Berry, Urban decay, MAC superslick and many UK drug store eyeliners.
I'm aware this may not work for everyone but if your desperately looking for a great liquid eyeliner that stays all day then give this a go.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

It's of one of the best asian brand eyeliner that i ever used. i've been long time using NARS long time ago, but it is so pricey. Clio eyeliner is very reasonable due to the price.
Love the black color but it is not that thick BLACK light NARS. it is also come with the free o'tank mascara in the box.
This eyeliner even is a lil' bit soft and not thick at all, it non smudeproof and waterproof. Sometimes i use it more than 8 hours, but it still well.

it easy to wipe it off with eye makeup remover.
if you are looking for reasonable drugstore eyeliner, you can try this one from Clio.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have been a liquid eyeliner user for over 20 years and have mainly used Chanel or Lancome. I have tried gel liners and all different brands of liquid liners and I just accepted that they would all give me raccoon eye. Literally, I keep Q Tips in my purse to clean up under my eyes. Clio is amazing and I use it everyday and NO RACCOON EYES. I use to line my upper and lower lids and it stays forever until remove it. I live in heat and humidity and it still does not move. Excellent and I have finally found a liquid liner after 20+years of searching.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My every day eyeliner!!!

This stuff is amazing. Just so many reasons why I love this eyeliner. Colour payoff is amazing. It is soooo dark and gives a clean sleek finish. Easy to draw a nice wing with the fine tip. I love how we can just shake the pen to get more of the ink out. Although consistency may not be the same after a stroke once I've used it many many times, I can just reapply it over and make it darker.

Alsoooo the dark black colour stays forever!! At least for more than 8 hours. Was pleasantly surprised to it still black. Product doesnt smudge too! Loveee. Have rebought this severeal times at a discounted price. Original price in my country is about $22-23?? :'(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was pretty disappointed in this eyeliner due to the hype. In reality, it's a fine eyeliner--application is easy and wear-time is about that of most drugstore eyeliners. But the color isn't what I'd call "black:" it's more of a dark grey, and the wings flaked off pretty fast. Was it worth $15? Not in my experience.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've finally found an eyeliner that is affordable and will not smudge, transfer or fade from my super oily eyelids!! This eyeliner is amazing for the price paid! I've tried many liquid liners(from drugstore to high end), always trying to find one that is super black and most importantly, stays on my lids all day without smudging. For reference, it's better than Shu Uemura's calligraph liner (which I've been lusting after for ages) in terms of price and longevity.

For the first time in my life, I've found it! With one stroke I can get a really black line, which is always a good thing. Plus, the brush tip can draw really fine lines. The packaging is straightforward and simple, making it easy to carry around in my pocket if needed.

The eyeliner stays on all day, even if I tear up or get oily. However, the only downside to this product that I can find is that at the end of the day when my lids are oily, I just have to rub on the liner to remove it. It'll come off in black flakes. It doesn't budge if I don't touch it with my hands at all though, so I really don't mind this part. This liner has become a must have item for me and I'll definitely repurchase it when I run out, or stock up if there's a sale. If you've got oily lids like mine, do give this a try!