July 28, 2014 | 1862 users online

Eyeliner - Clio - Waterproof Brush Liner - Kill Black

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by miwamoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard such amazing things about this eyeliner and wanted to love it. Sadly, it is not waterproof and ends up under my eyes by 3 h. I used it with and without eye primer (UDPP and NARS) and I get the same result.

What I love: It's really easy to use, even for someone who is not skilled at applying eyeliner. I was able to get an extremely sharp line, which can be made thicker if you use the sides. It is very pigmented and only one pass is needed to get a dark, opaque line. It goes on smoothly, too. No tugging whatsoever.

However, as I mentioned above, it smudges quickly, even if I use an eyelid primer. I had full-blown panda eyes by 6 h. By 8 h, it's a lost cause. Another problem I noticed was that it runs out quickly. After 3 months, the pen started to dry up. And I didn't use it everyday.

The Bobbi Brown ink liner works better for me, IMO. With eye primer, it doesn't smudge until well after the 8 h mark. It has the same type of felt tip as the Clio eyeliner, so it's just as easy to use. However, the Bobbi Brown ink liner isn't as pigmented as Clio, so you need to make multiple passes to get an opaque black line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty equivalent to Stila's Stay All Day liner, which I used previously for years and which is nice but not perfect as far as color intensity and longevity. Better than many but nothing I'd go out of my way to buy again, as the tube dries out a lot faster than Stila's.

In general I like this kind of felt tip. Good product dispersion, very soft and thin, and a nice quick alternative to gel for travel or busy mornings.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by astrael_nyx

Pros: Excellent intensity of colour, easy to use, and a relatively sharp tip
Cons: Dries up quickly in the tube and on the brush and takes a little bit longer to dry

I had such high hopes for this liquid liner. When I first used it, I immediately elevated it to HG status, as it was more intensely coloured and had a slightly thinner tip than my HG, Heroine Make. There was absolutely no need to go over a line and potentially make it thicker by accident to make it black enough.

Five months down the road, I started finding little clumps on the brush tip, thinking it was just my foundation, powder, eyeshadow, and primer clogging up the eyeliner. So I start using it just by itself, i.e., no shadow, no primer, just eyeliner, but the same thing was happening. Heroine Make had never given me any issues with clumps on the brush tip.

Finally, I figured out it was just drying up and drying up very inconveniently in that the liquid would sometimes come out and then fail halfway through drawing my line and little clumps would form.

My Heroine Make liner is still going strong after a year (I know, I should throw it out!), so by comparison Clio is a disappointment. I wouldn't want to bring it on a trip unless it was brand new because of the possibility of it drying out.

If I lived in a place where sourcing Clio was easy, this wouldn't be that much of an issue. But I don't and Heroine Make is a lot easier to source, so Clio isn't my HG.

Overall, I'd buy again for its colour payoff, but its low price isn't that economical considering it dries up so quickly and inconveniently. Not my HG, but pretty good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by biackcoffee

Why I like this eyeliner:
It has a thin brush with very deep black ink that is pretty waterproof. Easy to use.

Why I don't:
It dries up pretty quickly.

I've purchased this item twice, and it lasted about 3-4 months each time (without daily use) I would still repurchase this because I have yet to find a better eyeliner, but I'm on the lookout!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by styra

I got this from the drugstore and it's slightly more costly than other brands like Maybelline etc. The brush tip is thin and solid enough to draw a straight line across the lash line. Sometimes, my fingers somehow slip or the ink didn't dry enough and actually dyes the white of my eyes black! So far, nothing's happened to my eye, but it's only been my first stick. I don't remember eyeliner getting into my eyeball as frequently as this!
That said, the liner is average, and it does last for an entire day but of course, the intensity wears off throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jltful89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I guess the really long name is meant to give a few hints about the product. Kill black-- the eyeliner is really black, I can get a defined line with just one stroke and if the brush tip was hard, it would have been sharp enough to kill someone with. Ok, attempt at humor failed, shall be proper and dull from now on.

It's really useful for winged eyeliner looks and for lining the waterline. It can really fill in the gaps between the lashes. Very waterproof. I walked in the rain and it stayed on. Very smudge-proof. I have hooded eyes and my lids tend to get oily. 0 to problematic eyelids 1 to eyeliner. Ha.

Despite being waterproof and smudge proof, it is can be removed relatively easily. I find that a makeup remover oil works best but I have also tried some removers for waterproof makeup and they work as well.

However, one of my friends who tested it found the soft brush tip a little difficult to control, she couldn't draw a fine, thin line. I have to say that this doesn't have the sharpest tip among liquid eyeliners but I works for me.